Recommend a premium loop with privacy

Thanks in advance for any recommendations. I appreciate all who participate in this forum!

I'll list my priorities in order of importance lol:

1. Privacy between sites (good space and/or trees/vegetation)

2. NOT on water (my youngest reacts badly to mosquito bites)

3. Close to bathhouse/and or washers/dryers.

I like the 13002 and 1200 loops. Some of the 1300 loop sites backup to a canal but if you get one near the CS they are on the opposite side of the lop from the canal. Likewise some of the 1200 loop backup to the road so you get some traffic noise. Again you can get sites away from the road. This is Florida so getting away from mosquitoes outside is near impossible. However in your other post it looks like you are wanting to go in late fall and the various bugs aren't as bad then as in the summer.

When you arrive at the Fort, ask to see the binder with all of the sites in it.  Find out which are available, and choose the site that best matches your needs.  Be sure to tell the CM about your child's needs, and in my previous experiences, they will do their best to accommodate you.  Be sure to take bug repellent with a high percentage of DEET and if you forgot to bring it, ask the CM if they have any.

3000 loop only exists in a fog kind of like Brigadoon.

5 minutes ago, momto4girlz said:

It seems that there are some "wise guys" on here. lol. Cute.but I don't have time for snark. ;)Must be nice. I don't have that much extra time on my hands.  He was being sarcastic when he mentioned the 3000 loop. I guess my "priorities" are a pipe dream. lol 

The 3000 loop exists in the minds of many Fiends. Probably do to too much Kungaloosh. 

As usual, I'm late to the party but if it helps - we've got maps, info and videos of all the camping loops here -

Close to comfort stations (bath/laundry) and privacy might be a bit tricky depending on how close you want to be.

Agree that mosquitoes aren't terrible anywhere late fall and mosquitoes find me very tasty.  IMO you get them at dusk for a bit (no pun intended) and that's about it, so location to canals shouldn't have much of an effect.

Level of site you book comes into play. And if you're going to send in a request, generally best to tell them what you're looking for in a site (like "close to comfort station") than ask for a specific site.  If you ask for specifics and that loop/site isn't available, they won't have any info to work with to find you another.  Also if you get there and the site you're assigned isn't going to work for you (and it's not a super busy time) you can always go/call the front and ask for another.

And now I must go raid the cookie jar to find a dollar's worth of pennies to send to Jim to reserve a spot in the 3000 loop.  Kungaloosh!!  ;)

54 minutes ago, keith_h said:

Which you forgot to mention is pumped directly to every site in the 3000 loop.

Sorry....did you not hear about the "incident"?  During my last stay, I accidentally crossed the Kungaloosh and sewer lines.  The bad news is...the kungaloosh lines are contaminated.  The good news is....I've reversed the flow on my toilets and now have kungaloosh bidets.  

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

Sorry....did you not hear about the "incident"?  During my last stay, I accidentally crossed the Kungaloosh and sewer lines.  The bad news is...the kungaloosh lines are contaminated.  The good news is....I've reversed the flow on my toilets and now have kungaloosh bidets.  

So now it's KUNGALOO.....

17 hours ago, momto4girlz said:

It seems that there are some "wise guys" on here. lol. Cute.but I don't have time for snark. ;)Must be nice. I don't have that much extra time on my hands.  He was being sarcastic when he mentioned the 3000 loop. I guess my "priorities" are a pipe dream. lol 

Should someone tell her the name of the flamingo up in the top left corner?  :)

On 7/12/2017 at 7:32 AM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

As usual, I'm late to the party but if it helps - we've got maps, info and videos of all the camping loops here -

Close to comfort stations (bath/laundry) and privacy might be a bit tricky depending on how close you want to be.

Agree that mosquitoes aren't terrible anywhere late fall and mosquitoes find me very tasty.  IMO you get them at dusk for a bit (no pun intended) and that's about it, so location to canals shouldn't have much of an effect.

Level of site you book comes into play. And if you're going to send in a request, generally best to tell them what you're looking for in a site (like "close to comfort station") than ask for a specific site.  If you ask for specifics and that loop/site isn't available, they won't have any info to work with to find you another.  Also if you get there and the site you're assigned isn't going to work for you (and it's not a super busy time) you can always go/call the front and ask for another.

And now I must go raid the cookie jar to find a dollar's worth of pennies to send to Jim to reserve a spot in the 3000 loop.  Kungaloosh!!  ;)

Lol. Thanks for the link and the info!