I know I'm a complainer but I just went to book 7 nights during spring break for March 2018 and the premium sites were $175 a night.  WTF?????   This is starting to get out of hand. Then the best part was I went to book Thanksgiving week (2018 to remind you) and each tier of campsite is not available.   Double WTF....    coming very close to selling the RV

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know I'm a complainer but I just went to book 7 nights during spring break for March 2018 and the premium sites were $175 a night.  WTF?????   This is starting to get out of hand. Then the best part

Welcome to capitalism....supply and demand....people from all over the country (and world) flock to WDW to spend money. You can't blame Disney for wanting to make $ for their shareholders. I wish they

With all due respect.  We are talking about the Fort. Not other campgrounds.  I know this is a touchy subject, based on several posts here,  but the fort keeps raising their prices and

2 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

I know I'm a complainer but I just went to book 7 nights during spring break for March 2018 and the premium sites were $175 a night.  WTF?????   This is starting to get out of hand. Then the best part was I went to book Thanksgiving week (2018 to remind you) and each tier of campsite is not available.   Double WTF....    coming very close to selling the RV

Yep!!!!!  Tent and pop-up $135 at Xmas!!!!!!   (and that's before I convert it to Canadian $$$)  It makes hotels look better and better.  No need for the camper anymore.  

As much as I love camping, and I love camping at the fort, I think it's getting too much. Not sure if we will sell the camper. I know a ton of you will chime in that the fort is not the only campground in the county, but living an hour and a half away, we were spoiled.  We leave for Pigeon Forge on Friday for a beautiful campground with cement pads, fire pits and beautiful grills for $45 a night

1 hour ago, Starbuc71 said:

As much as I love camping, and I love camping at the fort, I think it's getting too much. Not sure if we will sell the camper. I know a ton of you will chime in that the fort is not the only campground in the county, but living an hour and a half away, we were spoiled.  We leave for Pigeon Forge on Friday for a beautiful campground with cement pads, fire pits and beautiful grills for $45 a night

If you don't me asking, which campground are you going to? We're headed to bear cove village, in August. 

On 7/2/2017 at 8:33 AM, Starbuc71 said:

Well it wouldn't be the first one you sold.

8 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

I'm going to take a wild guess and say Smokey Bear.

Sent from my handheld doohickie

actually we are trying a new campground closer to town called Up the Creek  it's right off or Wears Valley rd near the smoky mountain coaster  I'll let you know how it was

8 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

5 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Well it wouldn't be the first one you sold.

True that. I think we are on our 6th trailer in 10 years

I'm going to take a wild guess and say Smokey Bear.

actually we are trying a new campground closer to town called Up the Creek  it's right off or Wears Valley rd near the smoky mountain coaster  I'll let you know how it was

I've been looking at that campground.... definitely report back on how it is.

• 1 month later...

I'm starting to see this is a ploy to run out those who pay big money for their own mobile estates. Disney thinks they are losing money to us. When in reality, it cost us a little more to stay on the grounds. 

House keeping is skeleton, for the size of the resort the return seems pretty damn big. It's a shame I'm finding it hard to come up with 130+ bucks a night to stay at Disney. Hell the bed bug motel, I mean all Star resorts are even cheaper. 

I see the fort going away when the camping FAD fades and it reverts back to just those of us who have done it for decades.

2 hours ago, Campingdad said:

House keeping is skeleton, for the size of the resort the return seems pretty damn big. It's a shame I'm finding it hard to come up with 130+ bucks a night to stay at Disney. Hell the bed bug motel, I mean all Star resorts are even cheaper. 

Don't know if you followed this thread, but repairs like this aren't cheap. They also rewired numerous loops recently and added the wireless internet network. 

I don't like the high prices either, but add that to the demand for camp sites and the prices rise.

http://www.fortfiends.net/topic/19032-did-i-miss-something/

I'm well aware of the cost of repairs. I'm also well away of the low overhead of FW compared to all the other resort hotels. 

The fact stands that for decades they neglected while collecting large amounts. They even parlayed those profits over to others properties. We are the one place they can gouge till the cows come home and still come out smelling like roses. If they upgrade the water and electric as it appears they are doing, this can easily be turned into nothing but wilderness lodging of sorts. Studio, 1,2,3 bedroom cabins and such that can be charged at a much higher rate with success 

Just out of curiosity I looked up 7 nights at the fort during march 2018 in a premium site.  And 7 nights at ASMusic for the same days.  With tax 

Fort =$196.85/ night

ASMusic=$ 181.48/ night. 

I can't believe it's cheaper to stay at a resort hotel than in your own RV.  

I know it's a lifestyle choice but does it get to a point when it's just not worth it???