12 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

"It's become cheaper to stay in their hotel then invest thousands of dollars to bring your own home".

His comment insinuates that you only buy an RV for the FORT. And as has been mentioned in many other threads there are many Resort Campgrounds that charge the same price as DISNEY or more during peak times. 

I didn't take it as you only buy an RV to stay at Disney.   And it is cheaper to stay in THEIR hotel than to rent a premium site for a family of 2-4.   And for us, who has to rent an RV it's even more.   And we will never agree on how much is too much to pay because we all have different likes and dislikes and different budgets.  

But let's get past that and talk about the next part of my last post.    Because to me camping or owning or renting an RV is a lifestyle choice.  Just as some choose to stay at a budget hotel and others at a luxury resort. 

"I know this is a touchy subject, based on several posts here,  but the fort keeps raising their prices and cutting back on service.   I believe most of us can agree on that.   But it's not just the fort. It's all of WDW.    

IMHO Disney is living off of its reputation as being the number one family vacation destination.

And those bean counters in the corporate office don't see that they are running off life long loyal customers.   Just read some of the posts on this thread...."

I do see Disney making much needed updates, and attractions at the parks and some resorts.  But not at the fort.   They seem to be just maintaining things  

Why is that?

I think it's a cash cow for them  and they don't have to.   Disney is very good at keeping demand high for their premium product.   look at their "right of first refusal" policy when it comes to DVC properties.   It artificially keeps the price high.  If they add to or build a budget campground it will increase supply and cause prices to go down. And that is why I don't think they'll add to or build a budget campground. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know I'm a complainer but I just went to book 7 nights during spring break for March 2018 and the premium sites were $175 a night.  WTF?????   This is starting to get out of hand. Then the best part

Welcome to capitalism....supply and demand....people from all over the country (and world) flock to WDW to spend money. You can't blame Disney for wanting to make $ for their shareholders. I wish they

With all due respect.  We are talking about the Fort. Not other campgrounds.  I know this is a touchy subject, based on several posts here,  but the fort keeps raising their prices and

12 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Here's an example from San Diego which does not provide cable, site is only for 4 people, plus $10.00 per day for a 2nd car, $10.00 per day for a GC, plus $3.00 per day per pet.

Site Type Daily Rates for 1-4 People (No weekly rates)
Super Site FROM: $359.00 TO: $432.00  
Beach Front $225.00 $381.00  
Bay View $182.00 $283.00  
Distinguished $139.00 $186.00  
Preferred $122.00 $173.00  
Select $116.00 $161.00  
Standard $111.00 $151.00  
Limited $92.00 $128.00  

Btw is this the campground on Newport Beach?    If not the prices are the same. 

If you think prices for homes at Golden oaks are high ($1.8 million)try the houses by the Newport Beach RV park.  They start about $5 million and go up to $20 + million.  

34 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Btw is this the campground on Newport Beach?    If not the prices are the same. 

No Campland on Mission Bay.  And even here hotels are cheaper, Wyndam Bayside right on San Diego Bay is under $200 a night.

14 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

I do see Disney making much needed updates, and attractions at the parks and some resorts.  But not at the fort.   They seem to be just maintaining things  

They just spent mucho dollars for a Wi-Fi system, re wired at least 4 loops recently, just changed 2100 to campsites, upgraded the pool snack bar and added the much needed sidewalk heading to the Marina.

We just paid 138 to 153 a night for December 16 to December 330, 2018 for a full hook up site.  We will have 6 or 7 people with us.  There will be  3 children and 3 or 4 adults.  My grandkids love the magic of Disney.  We just came home from 2 weeks at Disneyworld and noticed an increased rudeness of guests.  I'm not talking about foreigners that many people complain about.  These were blue blooded Americans, so to speak.  We were watching the fireworks at MK and people kept plowing through us.  The cast members were doing their best, but people were just rude.  We were standing with a couple that were visiting for the first time.  They said they had been saving for years for this trip.  A man about 300 pounds grabbed their 12 year old daughter by the neck and threw her out of the way to plow through us.  Unbelievable!!  We located some higher ups and sent them to her immediately.  What an awful experience.  Luckily the grandkids were on shoulders and didn't really see what happened.  People just need to be a little kinder.  It's like the prices go up so everyone is in a hurry to see/do everything there is to do.  This isn't possible unless you have 3 to 4 weeks to spend at Disney World.  People just need to slow down and enjoy themselves. 

35 minutes ago, disneylitch......Debbie said:

We just paid 138 to 153 a night for December 16 to December 330, 2018 for a full hook up site.  We will have 6 or 7 people with us.  There will be  3 children and 3 or 4 adults.  My grandkids love the magic of Disney.  We just came home from 2 weeks at Disneyworld and noticed an increased rudeness of guests.  I'm not talking about foreigners that many people complain about.  These were blue blooded Americans, so to speak.  We were watching the fireworks at MK and people kept plowing through us.  The cast members were doing their best, but people were just rude.  We were standing with a couple that were visiting for the first time.  They said they had been saving for years for this trip.  A man about 300 pounds grabbed their 12 year old daughter by the neck and threw her out of the way to plow through us.  Unbelievable!!  We located some higher ups and sent them to her immediately.  What an awful experience.  Luckily the grandkids were on shoulders and didn't really see what happened.  People just need to be a little kinder.  It's like the prices go up so everyone is in a hurry to see/do everything there is to do.  This isn't possible unless you have 3 to 4 weeks to spend at Disney World.  People just need to slow down and enjoy themselves. 

Again, not the most magical place on earth anymore. We all know the re did the center hub and made more parking lots to increase the capacity of the MK. I guess safety concerns were thrown right out the window

10 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

Again, not the most magical place on earth anymore. We all know the re did the center hub and made more parking lots to increase the capacity of the MK. I guess safety concerns were thrown right out the window

The area was well taped off with cast members standing with their light sticks.  The cast members in the area weren't young and inexperienced, they were more mature and were trying their best.  We were standing in the taped off area, but many didn't seem to care.  Here's a basic fact of life, follow the rules!!! 

According to the news, attendance is down.  When were there it was very crowded, including the fort.  The only park that had lesser attendance was Hollywood Studios, but that was to be expected. 

3 minutes ago, disneylitch......Debbie said:

The area was well taped off with cast members standing with their light sticks.  The cast members in the area weren't young and inexperienced, they were more mature and were trying their best.  We were standing in the taped off area, but many didn't seem to care.  Here's a basic fact of life, follow the rules!!! 

According to the news, attendance is down.  When were there it was very crowded, including the fort.  The only park that had lesser attendance was Hollywood Studios, but that was to be expected. 

You're right.  People in general these days are just pure a-holes.  Society today mostly just cares about themselves. The days of being polite and helpful are going away. I'm sure your experience was troublesome based on guest and not Disney employees. But Shame on Disney trying to pack 50 hot dogs into a container that hold 5.   I envy my parents growing up in the 50's compared to what my kids have to deal with now. Hence my favorite quote:

"I used to be a people person until people ruined it for me"

48 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

You're right.  People in general these days are just pure a-holes.  Society today mostly just cares about themselves. The days of being polite and helpful are going away. I'm sure your experience was troublesome based on guest and not Disney employees. But Shame on Disney trying to pack 50 hot dogs into a container that hold 5.   I envy my parents growing up in the 50's compared to what my kids have to deal with now. Hence my favorite quote:

"I used to be a people person until people ruined it for me"

I agree, it is much more stressful to raise kids today.  We need to get back to the way things used to be.  To start off with, let them have fun in school and remove a lot of the stress.  My granddaughter is in 1st grade and doesn't like going to school.

I think the first step to getting folks back on the right track is to somehow remove the phones/screens from our lives...  I feel one of the main reasons folks are no longer nice to each other is that they don't know how to deal with each other face to face.  We as a society are losing the skill of face to face communication and personal interaction.

1 hour ago, Duane said:

I think the first step to getting folks back on the right track is to somehow remove the phones/screens from our lives...  I feel one of the main reasons folks are no longer nice to each other is that they don't know how to deal with each other face to face.  We as a society are losing the skill of face to face communication and personal interaction.

Agreed, but it will never happen. I was on a southwest flight back from Ft Lauderdale a month ago and we had a comedian flight attendant. One of the things that made me laugh was he said," welcome on board folks. We are flying a very old plane which means there is no wi fi. This means you will be forced to look at the person next to you and actually speak with them. Yes, that was one of the first forms of communication and it still works."  The whole plane laughed

40 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

Agreed, but it will never happen. I was on a southwest flight back from Ft Lauderdale a month ago and we had a comedian flight attendant. One of the things that made me laugh was he said," welcome on board folks. We are flying a very old plane which means there is no wi fi. This means you will be forced to look at the person next to you and actually speak with them. Yes, that was one of the first forms of communication and it still works."  The whole plane laughed except those under the age of 25 (?) who broke out into a cold sweat and stormed the exit doors. 

fixed it for you!

One of my daughters was texting a friend to make plans for the night and it took a good 20 minutes for them to get through it all. When she was done I told her we used to use the phone to talk and would have had our plans made in about 5 minutes. Six minutes if we conferenced in a another person.This is the look I got:  :aggressive:

11 hours ago, keith_h said:

One of my daughters was texting a friend to make plans for the night and it took a good 20 minutes for them to get through it all. When she was done I told her we used to use the phone to talk and would have had our plans made in about 5 minutes. Six minutes if we conferenced in a another person.This is the look I got:  :aggressive:

Do we have the same daughter?!  That made me laugh!

I'm here now and it's like night and day since the weekend started. Cars parked everywhere, music blaring from golf carts, looks to be under age kids driving carts. I'm pretty sure we won't be back for a long time. The prices are getting past anything we can afford and it's like we are second class to the rest of the resorts. Much less the riff raff going on. The restrooms aren't being cleaned. Yea they come in and pick up and maybe wipe down the sink area but that's about it. I see the same shit on the walls for 2 days and that's after I called them about it. Well if they were getting cleaned properly it I wouldn't have had to call to start with. Then they removed a stall door and just left.  Again I called and asked if maybe they might find one somewhere else and put back on it. The shower stalls don't look to be getting any cleaning either. Just my small rant for what it's worth. 

23 hours ago, jugman said:

I'm here now and it's like night and day since the weekend started. Cars parked everywhere, music blaring from golf carts, looks to be under age kids driving carts. I'm pretty sure we won't be back for a long time. The prices are getting past anything we can afford and it's like we are second class to the rest of the resorts. Much less the riff raff going on. The restrooms aren't being cleaned. Yea they come in and pick up and maybe wipe down the sink area but that's about it. I see the same shit on the walls for 2 days and that's after I called them about it. Well if they were getting cleaned properly it I wouldn't have had to call to start with. Then they removed a stall door and just left.  Again I called and asked if maybe they might find one somewhere else and put back on it. The shower stalls don't look to be getting any cleaning either. Just my small rant for what it's worth. 

So much for magical huh?

I just saw $175 for the spring break trip we usually do the week before Easter. Not sure what to think about that. If we stay at Lake Magic, it's like getting 4 day tickets for the 2 of us for free. Or on the other hand, stay at the Fort and only get a one or 2 day ticket instead. 

Hard to make up our mind right now. 

On 9/2/2017 at 10:02 PM, jugman said:

The restrooms aren't being cleaned. Yea they come in and pick up and maybe wipe down the sink area but that's about it. I see the same shit on the walls for 2 days and that's after I called them about it. Well if they were getting cleaned properly it I wouldn't have had to call to start with. Then they removed a stall door and just left.  Again I called and asked if maybe they might find one somewhere else and put back on it. The shower stalls don't look to be getting any cleaning either. Just my small rant for what it's worth. 

Wonder if the immigration stuff is hitting DISNEY with help leaving. Heard this morning that at AOA the dinning room was not being kept as clean either.