Changes in bag search areas (pictures)

I know that this happened back this Spring, right after I visited for Spring Break.  I didn't get a chance (from the blogs) because of softball to post pictures of the changes, so when I went this past time, I went ahead and took pictures as I got off the tram at the Transportation and ticket center.  I also took a picture at the Poly when we went through bag check there.  There have been a couple of times when it is super busy that the bag check is put up at the MK that I have seen, but most of the time now, the bag checks are now done at the TTC and at the resorts.  I didn't get a chance this time to go to the Fort and see any changes over there or to get any additional pictures, but that is on my list for my visit in the coming weeks in July.  We have several Fiends going in July so it won't be such an issue to get pictures on the updates for security.  It was also nice to see that they were more thorough in the searches and I was happy to wait.  I wanted everyone that doesn't get to go as much to see the pictures of the changes of where they have put the bag checks now.  They still have the places where they can do the bag checks, but the removable tables are gone at MK and are put back when needed.  I for one, really like it this way.  If it was posted before, forgive me.  I just thought it was a better way of doing things.

IMG_20170621_172218150.jpg

IMG_20170623_105339015_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170623_105344104.jpg

We went after the new system was started, and it's a whole lot easier/faster.

Going into the MK it's almost like the good old days (except more crowded at the ticket lines).

We did go thru the ones at the Poly also after we went there for lunch.

What was really nice was coming from EPCOT to the MK.  We got checked at the International Gate and that was it, since we stayed within the security bubble.

Now if they can fix it so monorail riders coming into EPCOT don't need to be rechecked that would be great.

40 minutes ago, ependydad...Doug said:

Overall, I like that they've spread it out and you don't have a mass of people all at one place.

What I don't like is when you're staying at a Monorail resort - you have to go through security every time you get on the Monorail, even if you aren't headed to MK.

Just say NO to any types of bags when leaving the resort and you'll be A-OK!  

Of course that's easier said then done...

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Just say NO to any types of bags when leaving the resort and you'll be A-OK!  

Of course that's easier said then done...

It included the metal detectors, though too. So you still had to queue up and walk through. Annoying because every other time, my wife would have to stop and get wanded for her Pandora bracelet. (Though, she wore it every time- the machines were just differently sensitive.)