Is Brazil the New Country Coming to EPCOT?

Apparently this article thinks so....

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/07/update-brazil-likely-new-country-added-world-showcase-epcots-expansion/

Likely location for the new Brazil pavilion at Epcot

Screen-Shot-2017-07-03-at-3.07.14-PM.png

The pavilion is rumored to be going between the Italy and Germany pavilions in World Showcase, an empty 1.5 acre plot left for a future pavilion since the park opened in 1982. The pavilion will likely include an attraction, but there are nor rumblings as to what it might be at this time.

Brazil will likely be announced for Epcot at the D23 Expo 2017 during the presentation on Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. This rumor dates back to a 2011 story run here on WDWNT.com.

I can't wait!   They will offer lessons in loud chanting and sell colorful flags to keep your group together!

5 hours ago, Travisma said:

Better yet, build a new WDW in Brazil, would cut down on the overcrowding.

Pretty sure there's no one left in Brazil, they've all moved to the USA...... don't know how it is in FLA, but up here we have a Brazil Store on every other corner with most of them doing a booming side business in fake ID's for the newer ones that missed the last amnesty.....   :lol:

27 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Guess I'm the only one who hopes this happens? I'd love to see new countries added!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't speak for others, but I didn't imply that I don't want to see it happen.  There are currently no pavilions representing any South American countries....while Brazil isn't necessarily representative of the rest of SA, it could be a fun pavilion with some unique foods not currently offered on a year round basis in WS.  I think it would be a good addition.  

I also still believe that a Russian pavilion would be fascinating and a great add.  They say that it was originally planned but political tensions during the Cold War followed by economic turmoil as the USSR collapsed killed it.  Maybe someday....such a huge country with a unique history should would be good to be represented.  I doubt we'll see it, but you never know.  Or perhaps they could simply invade and take over the Norwegian pavilion.  Kick the sisters out, and retheme the Maelstrom back to it's original glory, but instead of polar bears they could have shirtless Putins yelling at and threatening guests.  

2 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Guess I'm the only one who hopes this happens? I'd love to see new countries added!

Nope.   

I think the more countries the better. 

i likeThe Pacific islanders. the idea of Brazil.   Brazil has a lot more to offer than screaming, chanting teenagers.  

I would also like to see Australia, Russia, and maybe a "country "that represents The Pacific islanders.

15 minutes ago, kadancer said:

I'd like to see more countries, too.  Brazil sounds good.  I'd like to see Russia, Hungary, Egypt, or India.  The World Showcase is the closest I will get to any of them.

There's no room for Hungary in the World Showcase.  If you're hungary, you're doing it wrong.  :P

7 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

I'm not against new countries being added at all not Brazil in particular. Just thought it was an opportune time to make a joke about the annual winter pilgrimage of Brazilians to WDW.

My only question about Brazil is with Disney being so much into tying movies to everything what are they going to do for Brazil? The closest Disney prorperty is the Three Caballeros which covers more than one country. My guess if they do Brazil the main restaurant would be a Churrascaria (aka meat orgy) which I would like.

My guess if they do Brazil the main restaurant would be a Churrascaria (aka meat orgy) which I would like.

Could be.... but the typical one outside Disney such as Fogo de Chao runs $60-70/ person.... so imagine what Disney would charge! Either that or the quality would not be up to par. Or.... both.

Sent from my handheld doohickie

Im all for Russia, Poland or Ukraine. They would never do them just because of politics, but boy would it make for a good menu theme restaurant. I can taste the perogies and the borscht soup as I type

7 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

Im all for Russia, Poland or Ukraine. They would never do them just because of politics, but boy would it make for a good menu theme restaurant. I can taste the perogies and the borscht soup as I type

One of my favorite things over there was whortleberry pie.  

My mouth is watering just from the picture.

u1XEj8yxTQnNxyE2eqp1gJjqfwTWld9PlTvORlP6

Can't speak for others, but I didn't imply that I don't want to see it happen.  There are currently no pavilions representing any South American countries....while Brazil isn't necessarily representative of the rest of SA, it could be a fun pavilion with some unique foods not currently offered on a year round basis in WS.  I think it would be a good addition.  

I also still believe that a Russian pavilion would be fascinating and a great add.  They say that it was originally planned but political tensions during the Cold War followed by economic turmoil as the USSR collapsed killed it.  Maybe someday....such a huge country with a unique history should would be good to be represented.  I doubt we'll see it, but you never know.  Or perhaps they could simply invade and take over the Norwegian pavilion.  Kick the sisters out, and retheme the Maelstrom back to it's original glory, but instead of polar bears they could have shirtless Putins yelling at and threatening guests.  

Phahahaha! This was hilarious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...

Take it with a grain of salt, or you saw it here first again after the earlier rumour!

23-Year Old Attraction Reportedly Closing At Epcot Next Month – Brazil Pavilion On The Way?

When the Circle of Life reportedly exits the theater inside The Land after Feb. 3, groups from Disney Performing Arts are scheduled to hold performances and workshops there. That is set to begin on Feb. 9 and continue until an undetermined date in the future.

Those workshops are currently being held in a location between Germany and Italy pavilions of World Showcase, but backstage and out of view of day guests. If the movement to the theater in The Land does happen, it would mean the closure of the backstage area currently used for Disney Performing Arts.

That leads to the belief that this would open land for the long-rumored Brazil pavilion being added to World Showcase. Some thought that the new pavilion would be confirmed and announced this past summer at the D23 Expo, but that didn’t happen.

Full article

https://www.inquisitr.com/4719784/23-year-old-attraction-reportedly-closing-at-epcot-next-month-brazil-pavilion-on-the-way/

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Take it with a grain of salt, or you saw it here first again after the earlier rumour!

23-Year Old Attraction Reportedly Closing At Epcot Next Month – Brazil Pavilion On The Way?

When the Circle of Life reportedly exits the theater inside The Land after Feb. 3, groups from Disney Performing Arts are scheduled to hold performances and workshops there. That is set to begin on Feb. 9 and continue until an undetermined date in the future.

Those workshops are currently being held in a location between Germany and Italy pavilions of World Showcase, but backstage and out of view of day guests. If the movement to the theater in The Land does happen, it would mean the closure of the backstage area currently used for Disney Performing Arts.

That leads to the belief that this would open land for the long-rumored Brazil pavilion being added to World Showcase. Some thought that the new pavilion would be confirmed and announced this past summer at the D23 Expo, but that didn’t happen.

Full article

https://www.inquisitr.com/4719784/23-year-old-attraction-reportedly-closing-at-epcot-next-month-brazil-pavilion-on-the-way/

That's a lot of speculation. I'm not saying it will never happen, but there's no way a new pavilion is being added to Epcot now. They've already got a full plate with the new Guardians of the Galaxy and Ratatouille rides that have already been announced. 

TCD

17 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

If I remember correctly I read once that all the costs involved in building and maintaining the pavilions are on the country that sponsors it. If that is the case, would it matter how many other irons  Disney has in the fire? 

I was corrected by an old cranky guy. 

That they pavilions are. It paid for by the countries they represent. 

Morocco was the exception not the rule.