Ring in 2018 at the Contemporary Resort, Reservations start on July 11th

http://www.chipandco.com/three-celebrations-ring-new-year-disneys-contemporary-resort-274484/

Contemporary-with-Fireworks-600x338.jpg

It is almost time to start making your plans to ring in 2018! You can welcome in the New Year at one of three celebrations at Walt Disney World’s Contemporary Resort. Reservations for each of these three events will open on July 11.

Disney Countdown to Midnight

Guests will enjoy an evening of dining and dancing at “Disney Countdown to Midnight.” The evening will include delightful dining, live music, libations and more. An interactive band and DJ will fill the dance floor. We have it on good authority that Mickey and Minnie will join the celebration! Then welcome in 2018 with a flute of bubbly and a viewing of those amazing New Year’s Eve fireworks in the Magic Kingdom.

Hours are 8 p.m. to 1 a.m. in the Fantasia Ballroom. This party is designed for guests 18 and older.

Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration

Children will be thrilled with the “Pixar Party: A New Year’s Eve Celebration.” This family-friendly celebration will feature a Disney•Pixar-inspired dinner to ring in the New Year. Guests will enjoy a buffet style dinner and kids will love the Pixar face painting, a balloon artist and a boot camp with Sarge. An interactive DJ in a “Cars” inspired rig from Radiator Springs will be keep the party going with music from Radio Disney.

Sarge welcomes you to the Ballroom of the Americas that features vignettes of beloved Pixar movies. From Andy’s Room in “Toy Story” to and Metro City with The Incredibles, the celebration will include theatrical backdrops, dramatic set pieces and fun props that re-create the fantastic worlds of the Pixar films. And, of course, favorite characters will be on hand from “Toy Story,” “The Incredibles,” “Cars” and “Up.”

At midnight, head outdoors to ring in the New Year with a viewing of the Magic Kingdom fireworks. Hours are 8 p.m.-12:15 a.m.

Down in New Orleans: A Disney New Year’s Eve Dining Experience

“The Princess and the Frog” is the inspiration for “Down in New Orleans: A Disney New Year’s Eve Dining Experience.” This celebration will be held in the Grand Republic Ballroom, all beautifully decorated French Quarter style to transport you to the Big Easy.

This fine dining expereince will feature flavors such as oyster beignets, smoked salmon mousse cones with caviar, Kobe beef tartare and sheep’s milk ricotta gnocchi. Signature dishes will include herb-crusted Louisiana redfish, crayfish etouffee, Balck Angus beef cooked two ways, braised short ribs and filet of beef with truffled celery root silk.

A N’awlins jazz band will entertain during dinner, joined later in the evening by a vocalist who will bring to life the Academy-Award-winning classics from the film. Guests will ring in 2018 watching the beautiful Magic Kingdom fireworks from a private viewing area. Hours are 7 p.m.-12:15 a.m.

For reservations, call 407-WDW-DINE.

I was going to ask about the prices but I'm definitely in the camp of "if you have to ask, you can't afford it." I already know I can't. I'll be camped on the beach at the Polynesian which shouldn't cost me anything. But with Disney, who knows.

On 7/8/2017 at 7:27 PM, dvccamper said:

I was going to ask about the prices but I'm definitely in the camp of "if you have to ask, you can't afford it." I already know I can't. I'll be camped on the beach at the Polynesian which shouldn't cost me anything. But with Disney, who knows.

The Polynesian New Years Celebration with Moana is yet to be announced.  It looks like Disney has taken away the viewing areas at the Grand Floridian as well as the Contemporary now.  I can't imagine they will not address the Polynesian.

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

If Disney could develop a new type of firework that was only visible through special glasses, they would.  And they'd set up kiosks on all the beaches to sell those glasses.  

Yep - special price $19.99!!!!!!