Wow I step away for a few days and what looked like a dead thread exploded. I figured it was a fake because of the no fires at the campsites. Then you guys went and took it to a while new level with the COA. Classic Fiends at work. I hope I get to meet some of you guys here in mid August or at Thanksgiving. You are all a riot.

2 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

That wording could simply indicate that the sign was created by an Imagineer and displayed in his office within a park. It never says it was actually used at the Fort.

Sent from my handheld doohickie

I bet I can take it to the Fort and run over it a couple of times with the RV.  Supergeek is good at running over things!  :ROFLMAO-1:

4 hours ago, bhall said:

Here is the reply in my email:

Dear rhall_monte,

Hello,

COA picture has been added to the listing.

Thanks for your interest

-annabelles-attic-signs

And if you check the listing, there is a picture of the "COA"

fffbb9f3b8c270895b1ae53e556030ec.jpg

That and a load of manure will get you some nice flowers to grow.  However, it will get you a nice Fortfiends.net sticker, pm me your address and color you want it in.  What a crock of manure.

Wish we were home then we could visit their store location and ask the same questions and get to see their actual facial reactions, we live 20 minutes from that farmers market / wana be mall that just sells CRAP!!!!!!

14 hours ago, bhall said:

Here is the reply in my email:

Dear rhall_monte,

Hello,

COA picture has been added to the listing.

Thanks for your interest

-annabelles-attic-signs

And if you check the listing, there is a picture of the "COA"

Good job posting the COA!

Before this listing goes poof, I took screen caps so we will be able to refer back to it:

campfire%20sign.3_zpsbjijm0ql.jpg

campfire%20sign.4_zpsmmvklyhb.jpg

campfire%20sign.1_zpsi3wb0mqw.jpg

campfire%20sign.2_zps0rtgkg0p.jpg

I agree that the COA is worthless, and it's interesting that it doesn't come close to backing up the claim made in the description that this sign was actually posted in a public area of the Fort. To me, that's proof that the seller knows this sign is a fake.  Shame on him.

TCD

They went so far as to say in the description that they have "only seen 3 of this sign become available which makes it quite rare".  That indicates that there were multiple copies of this sign hanging around the Fort.  And yet not a single member of this site recalls ever seeing one.  They certainly built up the listing with a lot of descriptive language meant to convince potential buyers this sign is legit.  That's disgraceful.  Either that or we all collectively have terrible memories, the signs are real, and we should be ashamed of ourselves for doubting their authenticity.  :lol:

12 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

They went so far as to say in the description that they have "only seen 3 of this sign become available which makes it quite rare".  That indicates that there were multiple copies of this sign hanging around the Fort.  And yet not a single member of this site recalls ever seeing one.  They certainly built up the listing with a lot of descriptive language meant to convince potential buyers this sign is legit.  That's disgraceful.  Either that or we all collectively have terrible memories, the signs are real, and we should be ashamed of ourselves for doubting their authenticity.  :lol:

I know that my daughters call my memory into question, especially on controversial subjects that they claim to have discussed with me after the fact, but I am 100% certain that there were never any signs like this one posted in any public area at Fort Wilderness.

Where would signs like this even be posted?

TCD

12 minutes ago, Seals said:

Would you say "please be mindful to other guests" or "please be mindful of other guests."  I say the second.

A quick google of both phrases found only a few hits for the first, and mostly from places outside the US. 

Good point.

Plus, since when has Disney ever asked Fort guests to be mindful of anyone?

TCD