Cheyenne Mountain State Park - Colorado Springs, CO

Very pretty campground.  Large sites.  Nice space between your neighbors.  Beautiful views.  Bathhouse was clean, they do charge for showers ($1 for 4 minutes). Small playground.  Nice laundry room ($1.50 to wash and $1.50 to dry).  Very quiet CG.  We really, really enjoyed it there.  There is a $7/day "park fee" added when you check in...that was frustrating, but when looking at other CGs in the area, this is still one of the best.

ETA:  full hook-up, except no cable but good antenna reception.

https://www.colorado.gov/pacific/evrpd/estes-park-campground-marys-lake

5 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

they do charge for showers ($1 for 4 minutes).  ......snip.....
 There is a $7/day "park fee" added when you check in...that was frustrating,

Typical of CO State Parks.  

Chatfield SP in Littleton is excellent as well and all the above will apply also.

Just now, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Looks like a pretty campground. A 7.00 a day extra fee plus having to pay for showers would be annoying, especially since I didn't see that listed anywhere when I just browsed over their website. 

Yeah... checked the online confirmation (when she charged us the fee) and it did say that you would be charged (not the amount, just a heads up on a fee).  We booked online (so a $10 fee added there too) but even with the daily park fee of $7, our nightly rate was $42 (two nights) and I don't think we could have found a nicer CG in the Springs for the rate.  The views were amazing.  The shower wasn't a biggie as we had just come from Estes Park.  Plus, we typically use the shower in our rig.

4 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Typical of CO State Parks.  

Chatfield SP in Littleton is excellent as well and all the above will apply also.

Thanks!  Good to know!

6 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

our nightly rate was $42 (two nights) and I don't think we could have found a nicer CG in the Springs for the rate

About 10 minutes down the road from there is Mountaindale, a private RV park. I don't recall their rate, but my guess is that it was in the ballpark of $50/night. Very pretty. But basically no cell service- a booster only mildly helped.

4 hours ago, ependydad...Doug said:

About 10 minutes down the road from there is Mountaindale, a private RV park. I don't recall their rate, but my guess is that it was in the ballpark of $50/night. Very pretty. But basically no cell service- a booster only mildly helped.

Ah...this Park did have excellent AT&T coverage, which was nice.