Additional Person Fee Increase for WDW in 2018

If you have booked, you probably have already noticed, but if you are planning on booking, be informed, here you go.

http://www.chipandco.com/additional-person-fee-increasing-across-disney-resorts-2018-stays-274956/

4-adults-700x290.jpg

Most people don’t realize that Disney charges a fee if there are more than 2 adults booked per room at Disney Value, Moderate and Deluxe Resorts. This applies when there are more than 2 guests 18 or older booked in the room. This is not an uncommon practice in the hotel industry, but families rarely run into this fee as most travel with 2 adults plus kiddos. It should be said that Disney Deluxe Villas Resorts and Family Suites are exceptions to this rule.

We are now seeing that for reservations starting January 1, 2018, additional adult pricing will increase across all Walt Disney World resorts. This fee is per person and per night plus tax if 3rd and/or 4th person are 18+.

Here is the new pricing for the Additional Person Fee:

• Value $15 (previously was $10)
  • Moderate $25 (previously was $15)
  • Deluxe $35 (previously was $25)

This change will only effect new bookings. It is possible that some reservations previously booked for 2018 will reflect the previous fee amounts.

13 minutes ago, fotofx....Steve said:

Will this affect the campground?

In the past, they haven't charged anything for extra adults on a campsite reservation- and you can have up to 10 adults on the reservation.

They also haven't charged extra for up to six adults in a cabin.

I am surprised they haven't changed any of that before now, and would not be surprised if they did at some point.

TCD

4 minutes ago, fotofx....Steve said:

Will this affect the campground?

:lol: In the land of "no real rules apply"?    

Yeah.. my guess is IF they apply it to The Fort, the chance of them enforcing it will be next to none.  I mean please... with the locals bringing in 5 families per site...?  Yeah, I really doubt it.

28 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

:lol: In the land of "no real rules apply"?    

Yeah.. my guess is IF they apply it to The Fort, the chance of them enforcing it will be next to none.  I mean please... with the locals bringing in 5 families per site...?  Yeah, I really doubt it.

They will limit it to 4 families per site and 6 neighbor families from their street!

2 hours ago, kadancer said:

Here is something I had not considered.  My son turns 18 this summer, so when he travels in the company of his parents he will still be considered an adult?  I don't think I like this.

Dealing with this also.  One month before my older son turned 18 last Fall (but still a senior in high school) we went to WDW and I told him it was the last time we would be able to afford to take him :P.   We recently returned from a family road trip and when making hotel reservations I first would put in 3 adults and 2 children then 2 adults and 3 children.  If the price was different I went with the second and informed him he was still a "child."  No hotel questioned it, or even looked at him.  But Disney keeps track of ages. 

He also was kicked off our "family membership" at the gym we belong to when he turned 18. 

3 minutes ago, kadancer said:

Ugh!  Is there an extra fee at the Fort or are the sites to 10 adults.  

Does this mean I can bill him $15 a night at home?

Currently there is no additional fee at the Fort. 1 guest or 10 is all the same price. 

29 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Currently there is no additional fee at the Fort. 1 guest or 10 is all the same price. 

8 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Corrected it for you Jason.

All I can think about is the 2000 loop on New Years!  Oh have mercy on my soul.

34 minutes ago, Travisma said:

It's like that just about any weekend now...

Uh, oh.  We usually request the 2000 loop because it is best for my special needs guy.  In past summers it has been quiet - very quiet during the week.