I am trying to find it.  As soon as it becomes available, I will get it up for all of you.

ETA:  From everything I am reading, it "looks like" they are going to redo the Town Square theatre.  That is my guess only.  From the size of it, I am really wondering where they are going to put something of that size on Main Street without putting it at that location.  Just my thoughts.

Maybe we will get more info tomorrow.

Apparently this is the reason for the additional time for the refurb on Mission Space too:

http://blogmickey.com/2017/07/park-park-breakdown-changes-coming-walt-disney-world/

Mission:SPACE

A “new mission” was announced for Mission:SPACE. It’ll be more kid friendly, but no further details were announced.

Future World Re-Imagining

Future World will be completely re-imagined.

future-world-reimagining.jpeg

China Movie

11 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Has there ever been a D23 with this many exciting announcements?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All for Disney's celebration of my retirement in 2021 (and maybe some small anniversary for Disney World). :lol:

They announced a lot, and the new attractions planned for Epcot in particular will be welcome additions, but Epcot, and Future World specifically, needs more than a new ride. Walking through Future World these days reminds me of an 80's mall that's fallen on hard times. Every other store is shuttered, the food court only has a Greek place, a China King and a cookie shop, and walking past the Sears and the old Build-a-Bear reminds you of happier, more vibrant times and leaves you sad. But mall management thinks that simply signing up one new tenant and updating the mauve and teal color scheme will suffice. The place needs an overhaul.

Sent from my handheld doohickie

1 hour ago, DaveInTN said:

They announced a lot, and the new attractions planned for Epcot in particular will be welcome additions, but Epcot, and Future World specifically, needs more than a new ride. Walking through Future World these days reminds me of an 80's mall that's fallen on hard times. Every other store is shuttered, the food court only has a Greek place, a China King and a cookie shop, and walking past the Sears and the old Build-a-Bear reminds you of happier, more vibrant times and leaves you sad. But mall management thinks that simply signing up one new tenant and updating the mauve and teal color scheme will suffice. The place needs an overhaul.

I honestly think that is coming, and really soon.  And please don't think it won't be on the back of the people visiting's pocketbooks either.  "All this fun ain't free son."

I didn't see this posted earlier, so I am adding it.  If it is doubled, I apologize.  In Epcot, China is going to get a new movie.   Here are the details.

http://www.chipandco.com/new-circle-vision-film-coming-epcots-china-pavilion-275704/

China Pavilion

The D23 Expo‘s Disney Parks and Resorts panel has provided us with plenty of exciting news as to the enhancements being made at Walt Disney World’s Epcot park. Plenty of re-imagining will be going on in Epcot’s Future World, but there was news on an update coming to the China Pavilion as well.

An announcement was made that Disney is creating a new film for the China Pavilion in Epcot’s World Showcase. The updated film will replace Reflections of China, and will be the first “seamless” Circle-Vision show. There has been no official date set for the new show’s debut.

Looks like the theater is going behind Main Street on the Tomorrowland side and the additional walkway they open up to clear the crowds in the evening may become part of the regular show. This makes the most sense.

Can't think of the name of the street that dead ends by where they do the caricatures next to Pandora but that could lead right in front of a new theater.

Yes, but I was looking at the front scene of the drawing and was trying to see the traffic patterns.  They are going to have to have a set of new stores and such to go back there to route traffic as well don't you think?  Otherwise it will look as an afterthought of the theme.  Just my opinion.

4 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Between all of these announcements plus the fantasyland expansion & Pandora we're in the middle of another Eisner-esque decade of disney.

I think it's a confluence ofor events. Studios are on autopilot with star wars, guardians, super hero movies everywhere. Practically print8ng money. ABC property is having a tough time dealing with ESPN weakness. Plus they canceled the Tim Allen sitcom. Idiots. So that leaves the parks / resorts to apply utilize capital for improvements. Margins have improved to the point that it makes it an attractive roi. 

23 hours ago, DaveInTN said:

They did announce a "total re-imagining" of Future World.

On 7/16/2017 at 10:48 AM, AuburnJen said:

I honestly think that is coming, and really soon.  And please don't think it won't be on the back of the people visiting's pocketbooks either.  "All this fun ain't free son."

Yeah, I think you will see some more announcements coming in the next year about EPCOT. I still believe you will see a new country in World Showcase, plus an overlay on The Seas of the Marine Life Institute. There are so many rumours about the Imagination pavilion (inside out! phineas and ferb! Figment!) as well. Plus, what is really going to happen with innoventions east and west, the old wonders of life pavilion and the Odyssey?

EPCOT's 40th isn't until 2022, so I'm sure we will hear more.

Also, no mention of a new night time parade for the MK?

Here is what wasn't discussed:  (it is kind of a recap of what we already know, but it is in a nice tidy version)

http://www.chipandco.com/wasnt-announced-d23-expo-276700/

Several magical announcements were made at this year’s D23 Expo. Guests of Walt Disney World will be able to take a ride on the TRON Coaster in 2021 as well stay in a fully-immersive Star Wars Resort. Without a doubt, big changes are coming to the World. However, there were some rumors circulating in the days leading up to the Expo that were never confirmed by Disney. The folks over at The Kingdom Insider took a closer look at the announcements we were expecting to be made but did not come to fruition…. yet!

New Countries add to The World Showcase at Epcot

We were very certain at least one new country was going to be added to the World Showcase. The prevalent rumor was for Brazil to be the newest World Showcase Country. Some other rumors also pointed to Spain being added. While new Pavilions were not announced, we did receive confirmation on the Ratatouille ride from Disneyland Paris being added to the France Pavilion.

Figment, Inside Out, and Journey Into Imagination at Epcot

Surveys were sent out to guests this past Spring gauging the current popularity of the iconic Figment. The survey combined with rumors that an Inside Out attraction would be coming to Epcot led us to believe that the Inside Out  attraction would be replacing Journey Into Imagination. There were also rumors that Journey Into Imagination would be turned into a combined Figment and Inside Out attraction. Sounds like Disney is still reviewing their survey results to see what the future of this attraction may hold.

Spaceship Earth at Epcot 

It was announced back in June that Siemens would be terminating it’s sponsorship of this landmark attraction in Epcot. While we know that the actual structure wouldn’t be going away, were unsure of what would happen to the actual Spaceship Earth ride inside the “giant golf ball.” The ride is desperately due for a refurb and unless a new corporate sponsor steps up, Disney will be left to foot the bill. We do know that Disney is about to completely re-imagine all of Future World. It will be interesting to see what happens with Spaceship Earth.

Coco update to the Gran Fiesta Tour at Epcot

There was a popular rumor that Coco from the upcoming self-titled movie Pixar’s Coco would be replacing Donald and the Caballeros in the Mexico Pavilion. Since Disney didn’t address this rumor at the Expo, they may be waiting to see how popular the movie when it hits theaters this Fall.

Zootopia Land Coming to Animal Kingdom

We recently reported that word on the street was Rafiki’s Planet Watch would be overhauled to be Zootopia Land. This change made sense because just like in the movie, you would access Zootopia Land via a train. With the recent addition of Pandora – The World of Avatar, Disney may be a little gun-shy about investing any more money into Animal Kingdom at this time. Maybe we will see this one announced at the next D23 Expo in 2019?

Haunted Mansion Restaurant at Magic Kingdom

People got very excited about this rumor… including me! However, friends of the happy haunts that hang out in the Mansion were disappointed Disney did not announce another way to experience them. Some rumors pointed to the new restaurant replacing the current Columbia Harbor House. Some rumors even suggested that the area around the Haunted Mansion and Liberty Square would be re-imagined into a “Haunted Mansion Land.” The Haunted Mansion is a huge brand for Disney so hopefully we’ll hear at least of some kind of Mansion-themed restaurant in the future. I just hope I don’t have to lose my lobster roll at Columbia Harbor House in the process!

Volcano Roller Coaster and Moana at Magic Kingdom

We all love Moana! Every since she was replaced at Hollywood Studios by Star-Lord and Groot form Guardians of the Galaxy, guests have been upset. (We love Guardians of the Galaxy but we want our Moana too!) We were anticipating her to show back up in Adventure Land at the Magic Kingdom but unfortunately, we are still waiting. There is also a rumor that Disney might be adding a fourth coaster to the Magic Kingdom. This was rumored to be a volcano roller coaster inspired from Moana. While we may have to wait longer to hear about the Moana volcano coaster, hopefully we hear about Moana making appearances at Disney World in the near future.

What rumor were you hoping to be confirmed at the Expo that wasn’t? While we might not of heard confirmation on all of these yet, maybe we will in the future. If not, I am personally excited about all the other changes that have been confirmed!