Any hope/strategies for Cancellations Christmas 2017

We have decided (much too late for my planning self) to take a Disney Trip during Christmas 2017.  We are looking for the 22nd-30th to be exact.

We have reservations at the Swan as a backup but we would really rather bring our 5th wheel and stay at the Fort (we have stayed there twice and love it).

Of course this week is booked solid but do you think there is a chance of a cancellation for that week?

Does anyone have strategies on finding out when a cancellation happens?

Is it better to go online or call for cancellations and is there a time of day to check that might be better?

I have tried searching individual days during the week to piece together a reservation but so far nothing is showing available.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Welcome to the Board!

You are trying to snag a reservation during one of the busiest times of the year.

Given the quirks of the on-line and phone-in reservation systems, your only hope is to use a travel agent who knows how to work the system.

Even then, it's a long shot.

If anyone can help you, it's fellow Fiend Jason aka "The Man,"  http://www.fortfiends.net/profile/2851-katman1356jason/

Try him.

He's your only hope.

TCD

1 minute ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Welcome to the Board!

You are trying to snag a reservation during one of the busiest times of the year.

Given the quirks of the on-line and phone-in reservation systems, your only hope is to use a travel agent who knows how to work the system.

Even then, it's a long shot.

If anyone can help you, it's fellow Fiend Jason aka "The Man,"  http://www.fortfiends.net/profile/2851-katman1356jason/

Try him.

He's your only hope.

TCD

I second Jason.

Disney reservation system took a dump again sometime Friday.  I noticed my hotel confirmation # was gone.  Called up and was told the system was having issues.

So it's not uncommon to get nowhere by calling or going on line.  

Use Jason and save yourself a lot of aggravation.

Thank you for the advice and the welcome.  I hate not having everything together.  I am usually planning my trips well before the 180 mark. 

We were supposed to go in October but due to some life circumstances are causing me to change all my plans.

I am actually pretty excited about going for Christmas.  I know the crowds will be crazy but I love the decorations!

I am going to take your advice and email Jason!

Thank you again!

Welcome LacyB!  I'll third the advice you've gotten so far.  Good luck!!

Try him.

He's your only hope.

TCD

I think Jason just graduated from "The Man" to Obi Wan.

55 minutes ago, LacyB said:

Thank you for the advice and the welcome.  I hate not having everything together.  I am usually planning my trips well before the 180 mark. 

We were supposed to go in October but due to some life circumstances are causing me to change all my plans.

I am actually pretty excited about going for Christmas.  I know the crowds will be crazy but I love the decorations!

Thank you again!

Don't feel bad.  It's awful that we have to plan so far in advance to camp at Disney.  But, that's the way it is.  And the reservation system available to the public stinks!

A travel agent who knows what he's doing, like Jason, can see and do things with the Disney reservation system that the rest of us can't.  And, Disney pays him-so it doesn't cost you anything to use the travel agent.  So, go for it!

DO NOT use a travel agent who is not versed in the ways of the Fort.  You need someone who knows the tricks and hacks for the Fort reservation system.

With this much lead time, I'll bet he can make some magic happen.

17 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I think Jason just graduated from "The Man" to Obi Wan.

In this case, it's true!

TCD

On 7/18/2017 at 0:56 PM, LacyB said:

Thank you again!

Welcome LacyB!  Not sure if this was mentioned to you but if you love the Christmas decorations but can't get in for Christmas Day, you could try the weeks before and after. I believe they put up all the Christmas stuff in November and don't start taking it down until January. There are several times during that period where it is much less crowded and also less expensive.....  B)