I would not recommend the KOA. It is a good little drive away and right of the road by Sam's. Sherwood Forest is another possibility. I think Tropical palms looks nicer, but I know there have been issues with the homeless using the facilities there. Lake Magic is another option. I know lots of Fiends have stayed there

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

As Rita mentioned, Lake Magic also Thousand Trails and Citrus Valley off of 27 just N of 192. If you use any of these you can go in and out of WDW the back way on Western Way. 

We've stayed at both Lake Magic and Thousand Trails and use the back-way in. Both are decent, though I like the Thousand Trails a little more than Lake Magic.

1 hour ago, Specularius said:

I was looking at Lake Magic and for the winter season, their website states that reservations have to be no less than 30 days. Do they do reservations for a week to ten days during the Christmas holidays?

I think they do. I know fulltime families who have used it for their week out of the Thousand Trails network. Might be worth a call to them.

On 7/21/2017 at 7:03 AM, dblr....Rennie said:

A lot of folks use Tropical Palms near Old Town, it's been years since we stayed there so can not give you a really good opinion.

Was here 2 years ago,  the sites are level, with full hookup.  Very close to Disney.

You are Packed in, not a lot of room around your site.

Facilities are showing their age.  Washer and Driers were not working when i was there.