Is the Electric Light Parade coming back to Magic Kingdom?

http://www.chipandco.com/will-magic-kingdom-see-return-main-street-electrical-parade-276485/

msep2-500x271.png

We previously were all but certain that the Paint the Night nighttime parade, most recently at Disneyland, was packed up and ready to be shipped off to another Disney Park. The Main Street Electrical Parade has been running at Disneyland Park since January after leaving a hole in the Magic Kingdom’s nighttime parade schedule. With all this information it seemed like the most logical place for Paint the Night to go to was the Magic Kingdom.

Well, we will admit it. We were wrong. While it was announced at the D23 Expo that Paint the Night is indeed going to another Disney Park, it’s just going across the Esplanade at Disneyland to California Adventure. Lots of people didn’t think it was going to be coming to Disney World anyway due to the size of the floats not being able to fit the streets of any of the Disney World Parks. While the Pixar Play Parade is coming back to Disneyland Park, the Main Street Electrical Parade is scheduled to end it’s run there next month. (It was actually scheduled to end in June but was extended to August.)

Now the question is, what happens to the Main Street Electrical Parade? The folks over at The Kingdom Insider give us three theories:

1. Disney retires the parade completely.
  2. Disney ships the parade off on a “world tour” of the other Disney Parks around the globe.
  3. The parade is sent back to the Magic Kingdom.

Rumors have been circulating that Disney is working on a next-gen replacement for the parade ever since it left the Magic Kingdom last Fall. However, the debut of a brand new parade does not appear to be happening anytime soon. We can only hope that the Main Street Electrical Parade will be sent back to the Magic Kingdom so we can have our nighttime parade back to hold us over until a new one is released in the future!

1 hour ago, shoreline99 said:

Yep, agreed. Rumour I heard about that is the parade floats are too big for the MK, but who knows.

Wow!  Considering how big the FoF floats are, those PTN floats must be YUUUUGE!  I mean, the FoF ones are so big they had to stop installing the garland across Main Street.  And I always was under the impression that DL is kind of petite compared to the MK.  

19 minutes ago, DaveInTN said:

Wow!  Considering how big the FoF floats are, those PTN floats must be YUUUUGE!  I mean, the FoF ones are so big they had to stop installing the garland across Main Street.  And I always was under the impression that DL is kind of petite compared to the MK.  

According to the most repeated rumors I've heard, the problem was not the height of the PTN floats but the length of one float in particular- the giant Mack Truck float.  The alleged issue was its ability to cross the bridge between Liberty Square and the hub and negotiating the turn around the hub from there.

I think it's a bunch of hog wash.  There are some tight turns and some low hanging cables from the cable car they have running around California Adventure, but they're going to perform PTN there.. Disney will apparently work around those issues, and they could have done the same at WDW if they wanted to.

All it takes is money. 

In so many ways, it's clear that Disneyland management is much more willing to take a little less profit to enhance the guest experience.  WDW management, on the other hand, has consistently demonstrated that their main goal is the bottom line, and not guest experience.

TCD

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 11:20 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

According to the most repeated rumors I've heard, the problem was not the height of the PTN floats but the length of one float in particular- the giant Mack Truck float.  The alleged issue was its ability to cross the bridge between Liberty Square and the hub and negotiating the turn around the hub from there.

I think it's a bunch of hog wash.  There are some tight turns and some low hanging cables from the cable car they have running around California Adventure, but they're going to perform PTN there.. Disney will apparently work around those issues, and they could have done the same at WDW if they wanted to.

All it takes is money. 

In so many ways, it's clear that Disneyland management is much more willing to take a little less profit to enhance the guest experience.  WDW management, on the other hand, has consistently demonstrated that their main goal is the bottom line, and not guest experience.

TCD

I just head a solid rumor about how the Paint the Night Parade will be modified to be performed in California Adventure.  I heard that they are solving the problem posed by the big Mack truck by eliminating that float from the parade.  They will be creating a new float to take its place.  I also heard that they will be modifying the tall Frozen float so that it can make its way along the new parade route.

These are fixes that WDW could have done.  But, they'd rather leave the MK with no night parade.

TCD

18 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I just head a solid rumor about how the Paint the Night Parade will be modified to be performed in California Adventure.  I heard that they are solving the problem posed by the big Mack truck by eliminating that float from the parade.  They will be creating a new float to take its place.  I also heard that they will be modifying the tall Frozen float so that it can make its way along the new parade route.

These are fixes that WDW could have done.  But, they'd rather leave the MK with no night parade.

TCD

Disney Management meeting.

Disneyland Manager:  "We will not give FL our parade. We will spend the $$$ to give our guests the best experience ever!"

WDW Manager: "Meh.  We could close down 1/2 of each park, and the suckers will still come and spend major $$$"  "Oh wait, we've already done that and are having a banner year.  They are like lemmings.  The Blogger post great reviews and people just keep on coming!  No parades for the little folk.  Desert parties are the wave of the future! "

32 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Disney Management meeting.

Disneyland Manager:  "We will not give FL our parade. We will spend the $$$ to give our guests the best experience ever!"

WDW Manager: "Meh.  We could close down 1/2 of each park, and the suckers will still come and spend major $$$"  "Oh wait, we've already done that and are having a banner year.  They are like lemmings.  The Blogger post great reviews and people just keep on coming!  No parades for the little folk.  Desert parties are the wave of the future! "

Nailed it.

TCD