New Pub to be unveiled on Streets of America in Hollywood Studios

With the opening coming soon, here's the full menu. I'm curious about the cocktails on tap. It's the "new big thing" and is supposed to make for good, consistent drinks every time - kind of like when the soda fountain is calibrated properly.  I'm also always a fan of a beer flight.  :)

Full menu for the BaseLine Tap House on Grand Avenue at Disney's Hollywood Studios

4 hours ago in "Baseline Tap House"

Here is a look at the full menu for the new BaseLine Tap House at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

The BaseLine Tap House menu highlights California craft beers, wines, cocktails, and small plates including the California Cheese and Charcuterie Plate and the Bavarian Pretzel with beer-cheese Fondue and Spicy Mustard.

Snacks & Small Plates

Bavarian Pretzel
with Beer Cheese Fondue and Spicy Mustard
$9.00

California Cheese and Charcuterie
Toma Farmstead Cheese, Point Reyes Original Blue Cheese, Laura Chenel's Sonoma Goat Cheese, Chorizo and Calabrese Salami, Cornichons, Grapes and Toasted Baguettes
$10.00

Spiced Almonds
House-made Sweet and Spicy Toasted Almonds
$6.00

Specialty Non-Alcoholic

Blue Sky® Black Cherry Soda on Tap
$3.29

Wild Strawberry Lemonade
$3.99

Beers on Tap

Golden Road 329 Lager, Los Angeles
16 oz. Draft Beer
$8.25

Golden Road 329 Lager, Los Angeles
22 oz. Draft Beer
$9.50

North Coast Scrimshaw Pilsner, Fort Bragg
16 oz. Draft Beer
$8.25

North Coast Scrimshaw Pilsner, Fort Bragg
22 oz. Draft Beer
$9.50

Anchor Meyer Lemon Lager, San Francisco
16 oz. Draft Beer
$8.25

Anchor Meyer Lemon Lager, San Francisco
22 oz. Draft Beer
$9.50

Golden Road Hefeweizen, Los Angeles
16 oz. Draft Beer
$8.25

Golden Road Hefeweizen, Los Angeles
22 oz. Draft Beer
$9.50

Green Flash Passion Fruit Kicker Wheat Ale, San Diego
16 oz. Draft Beer
$8.25

Green Flash Passion Fruit Kicker Wheat Ale, San Diego
22 oz. Draft Beer
$9.50

Napa Smith Lodt Dog Red Ale, Napa Valley
16 oz. Draft Beer
$8.25

Napa Smith Lodt Dog Red Ale, Napa Valley
22 oz. Draft Beer
$9.50

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Chico
16 oz. Draft Beer
$8.25

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Chico
22 oz. Draft Beer
$9.50

Lagunitas IPA, Petaluma
16 oz. Draft Beer
$8.25

Lagunitas IPA, Petaluma
22 oz. Draft Beer
$9.50

Stone Delicious IPA, San Diego
16 oz. Draft Beer
$8.25

Stone Delicious IPA, San Diego
22 oz. Draft Beer
$9.50

Create Your Own Beer Flight
Select 4 Beers | 5 oz. each
$10.50

Ciders on Tap

Ace Space Bloody Orange Hard Cider, Sebastopol
16 oz. Draft Cider
$9.00

Wines on Tap

St. Francis Chardonnay
Bright and crisp with aromas of pear, green apple and grilled pineapple, finishing with toasty notes and a smooth finish
$9.00

Line 39 Cabernet Sauvignon
Rich fruit flavors of currant, blackberry and ripe plum with hints of black tea on the palate balanced with subtle, smooth tannins
$9.00

Cocktails on Tap

Negroni
Hendrick's Gin, Campari and Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth
$11.25

California Sunset
Absolut Berri Açaí Vodka, Southern Comfort, Orange Juice, Sweet-and-Sour with a float of Pomegranate Juice
$11.25

Article Posted: Sep 29, 2017 / 5:48am EDT

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/baseline-tap-house/news/29sep2017-full-menu-for-the-baseline-tap-house.htm

On 9/27/2017 at 10:08 AM, Travisma said:

MEH.  I've bought a few adult beverages from various places around WDW, and have never been that impressed.  Overpriced and weak.

I might stick my head in to see what it looks like, but the way things are going, you will probably need to book a time slot 6 months in advance to walk up to the bar.

The High Octane bar that used to be by the Backlot could make a proper drink.  It was often the same bartenders and even their specialty cocktails packed a punch.

That plus the shady seating nearby and ... we've spent a fair few hours people watching there.  

Unfortunately it's gone now but maybe this place will fill some of the void, at least until the Star Wars Cantina opens (!)

52 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

They're saying possibly this weekend so fingers crossed!

WDWMAGIC just posted that the Baseline Tap House will be opening today.

The BaseLine Tap House opens later today, so check back for more photos.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/baseline-tap-house/news/29sep2017-photos---grand-avenue-walkthrough-at-disneys-hollywood-studios.htm

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

WDWMAGIC just posted that the Baseline Tap House will be opening today.

The BaseLine Tap House opens later today, so check back for more photos.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/baseline-tap-house/news/29sep2017-photos---grand-avenue-walkthrough-at-disneys-hollywood-studios.htm

TCD

Probably a private event beforehand for all of the leaches that "win" the contests!

After all, free publicity is good publicity, so it you give these so called "journalists" enough free crap they will gush over anything you say or do.

12 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Probably a private event beforehand for all of the leaches that "win" the contests!

After all, free publicity is good publicity, so it you give these so called "journalists" enough free crap they will gush over anything you say or do.

LOL.  You're probably right.

They need to fill those bloggers up with some free booze so they can tell us how great the $12 watered-down pre-made cocktails are.

TCD

21 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Is it going to be CS? Or TS?

None of the above.  It's officially listed as a Lounge:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/baseline-tap-house/

Which means it does not accept any Dining Plan credits.

By the way, the official Disney site, linked above, says that the Baseline Tap House is open from 11 am to 8:30 pm today.

TCD

The Disney Parks Blog just made it official- the joint is open for business right now!:

BaseLine Tap House Opens Today at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Alex Dunlap

by Alex Dunlap, Food & Beverage Content Relations Coordinator

Back in July, my fellow blogger Pam Brandon told you all about BaseLine Tap House located on the new Grand Avenue at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. You’ll be excited to learn that as of today, this cheerful corner pub is celebrating its grand opening as it officially opens its doors to guests!

BaseLine Tap House Dining Room

BaseLine Tap House sits among the vintage office buildings and warehouses that represent the glory of Grand Avenue in Downtown Los Angeles. Formerly known as the Figueroa Printing Company, this re-purposed print shop specializes in beer and wines from the Golden State of California, featuring craft ales, lagers and cider as the stars of the drink menu, along with California wines on tap and specialty cocktails that you won’t want to miss! If you can’t decide on one drink, then try one of BaseLine’s customizable beer flights, with up to 126 possible combinations of craft beers! Rounding out the drink menu, the pub also offers gourmet non-alcoholic lemonade and soda on tap.

Customizable Beer Flights at BaseLine Tap House

Bavarian Preztzel and California Cheese and Charcuterie board at BaseLine Tap House Beers, craft ales, wine and specialty cocktails at BaseLine Tap House

In addition to offering delicious drinks, the pub will be serving up savory dishes such as a Bavarian Pretzel served with mustard and beer-cheese fondue dipping sauces, spiced almonds and a charcuterie board highlighting delicious California cheeses. This delectable array of small plates is sure to be the perfect way to savor the afternoon or cap off an evening out.

Starting today, you’re invited to come in, sit down and enjoy a craft beverage or a snack as you relax and take in all of the amazing history that this pub has to offer.

BaseLine Tap House Signage BaseLine Tap House Outdoor Menu

BaseLine Tap House is located just around the corner from Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant on Grand Avenue at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and will be open daily starting at 11:00 a.m.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/09/baseline-tap-house-opens-today-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

TCD

37 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

None of the above.  It's officially listed as a Lounge:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/baseline-tap-house/

Which means it does not accept any Dining Plan credits.

By the way, the official Disney site, linked above, says that the Baseline Tap House is open from 11 am to 8:30 pm today.

TCD

Sounds like it's going to be like the Nomad Lounge at AK.  

Btw. I love the Nomad Lounge. 

34 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Sounds like it's going to be like the Nomad Lounge at AK.  

Btw. I love the Nomad Lounge. 

I love the Nomad Lounge too, but I think this is going to be much smaller and not nearly as nice.

As far as I can tell, they are just using the space of the former Writer's Stop, which was kind of small.  Note in the photos posted above there aren't even seats at the bar, and that table in the one photo appears to be the only table with seating in the whole interior.  The outside seating might be nice for a few months out of the year.

TCD

Kudos to Bobby and his clipboard carrying minions for coming up with a way to not only separate guests from their money, but also make them forget they are in a half day park missing most of it's attractions with scenic construction walls to gaze at.

My daughter stopped by on Saturday.  She thought it seemed nice inside.  She looked around and didn't spend any money although she was tempted by the pretzels.

My wife and I had lunch at Brown Derby Friday but when we finished it looked like it was ready to pour so we headed out instead of trying to see what the lounge looked like. Guess I failed! :lol:

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

My daughter stopped by on Saturday.  She thought it seemed nice inside.  She looked around and didn't spend any money although she was tempted by the pretzels.

My wife and I had lunch at Brown Derby Friday but when we finished it looked like it was ready to pour so we headed out instead of trying to see what the lounge looked like. Guess I failed! :lol:

Just means you have to go back again!  :P

As expected, the vloggers, bloggers and such all made it to this place over the weekend, and their videos, photos and reviews have been trickling in.  Josh at EasyWDW was there, of course, and tried one of everything.  He gave the place a positive review, but noted that it might be a trik by management to serve higher quality stuff to the social media folks.  Here's a link to his review, which has a lot of photos, and a description of everything on the menu:

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/review-baseline-tap-house-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

TCD

22 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

As expected, the vloggers, bloggers and such all made it to this place over the weekend, and their videos, photos and reviews have been trickling in.  Josh at EasyWDW was there, of course, and tried one of everything.  He gave the place a positive review, but noted that it might be a trik by management to serve higher quality stuff to the social media folks.  Here's a link to his review, which has a lot of photos, and a description of everything on the menu:

https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/review-baseline-tap-house-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/

TCD

haha Josh is probably right.

I always like how he'll go back a few times to get an honest opinion of a place, as someone that doesn't get to go often now I have to carefully choose where to spend my Disney vacation time and his reviews are a big help.

Overall the place looks good but I wish it had more seating inside instead of outside.

WBI

• 1 month later...

I've been patiently biding my time for a chance to visit the BaseLine Tap House.  There haven't been a lot of good reasons to visit DHS lately, and I didn't want to go there when it was hot out.

Yesterday afternoon, I was in the Orlando area, and asked the TCD twins if they could spare a couple of hours to visit DHS.  They were both available, and we arrived a bit past 5.

They really plussed the Christmas decorations in DHS this year.  I like the new location of the Christmas tree and the decorations they added around Echo Lake:

IMG_24331_zpsujlwc9e6.jpg

The park was moderately busy, and we were arriving at a time when I expected the bar to be at its busiest, but we headed that way anyway.

The place was kind of dead:

IMG_2435_zpsexf1ynuu.jpg

It was weird to see this new lounge sitting where The Writer's Stop used to be.  As I mentioned in an earlier post on this thread, we had a secret way to sneak in to the Osborne Lights through the Sci-Fi Drive In, and then through the Writer's Stop.  All of the doors are still there, but the outside area is very different now.  The interior of the new lounge is confined to the footprint of the Writer's Stop- so it's very small inside.  What you see in the photos posted earlier in this thread is all there is to this place- just a long bar with no stools, one table with seats, and some stand-up tables.  The outside seating area was larger than I expected, but it's got to hot as heck out there on most days.  Fortunately, the temperature was in the low 70's last night so it was perfect for sitting outside.

One thing that I think may have been lost in the hype of this place opening is that the food menu is very, very limited.  There are only three food items on the whole menu:

Bavarian Pretzel with Beer Cheese Fondue and Spicy Mustard $9.00

California Cheese and Charcuterie-Toma Farmstead Cheese, Point Reyes Original Blue Cheese, Laura Chenel's Sonoma Goat Cheese, Chorizo and Calabrese Salami, Cornichons, Grapes and Toasted Baguettes $10.00

Spiced Almonds-House-made Sweet and Spicy Toasted Almonds $6.00

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/hollywood-studios/baseline-tap-house/menus/

I think that explains the lack of business.  Who are they expecting to show up here with only three pricy snack items on the menu?  Not families.  Young folks with no kids aren't going to hang out here when there's Epcot nearby.

Anyway, we gave it a go.  The twins each ordered the California Sunset cocktail, and I got a beer flight.  We also ordered two pretzels and the charcuterie plate.  So one drink and one snack for each of us, and that set me back $60+, and since the bartender served all of that to us, I tipped him $10 on top of that, for a total of $70+.  Ouch.

Here's the food:

IMG_2437_zpsdahpdud9.jpg

It was all good, and we loved the atmosphere, including the special music they have piped in.  Really nice.

It seemed like what business they did have was from guests waiting to be seated at the Sci Fi.

I like the place, but I cannot even imagine having to sit outside there on a hot day.

It was cool to see what was left of the old New York Street, and see the new archway that will lead into Star Wars land being constructed on the other side of the fencing.

Since we were in the area, we popped in to Star Tours to see the new segments they added for The Last Jedi.  The new scenes were good.  I really liked how we landed in the new Galaxy's Edge area. 

After that, we headed over to see the new show they are doing on the Tower of Terror.  It's well done, but not even close to a good substitute for the Osborne Lights:

IMG_2445_zpszxyomno2.jpg

We were going to stay and watch Jingle Bam, but we didn't stake out a place early enough, and the whole street area in front of the Chinese Theater was not a good situation, so we beat the crowds out of the park.  Which means I'll have to go back to see Jingle Bam.

Overall, we all like the BaseLine Tap House.  The concept is good, but they goofed by not having some indoor seating and having such a limited food menu.  I know we were there on a Wednesday night, but they were not doing any business at all during what should have been their busy time.  They are going to need to make some tweaks on this one if it's going to make it.

TCD