Toy Story Land Construction Updates

• 1 month later...

Very good photos!

They give you a good idea of what this new section of DHS will be all about.

I still remember the statement made at the D23 Expo when this was announced that this would be on the level of Cars Land in California Adventure.    With only two new attractions and one quick serve restaurant, that ended up being a big fat lie.

The two new rides will be nice additions to DHS, but they should not have skimped on this like they have.  This area is going to be badly overcrowded, and the wait times will be awful for a long time- all the way up until Star Wars Land opens.

TCD

3 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The two new rides will be nice additions to DHS, but they should not have skimped on this like they have.  This area is going to be badly overcrowded, and the wait times will be awful for a long time- all the way up until Star Wars Land opens.

I wonder if it had anything to do with trying to get this up and running ASAP -- knowing that Star Wars Land was at least another year away.

On the plus side, longer lines for new stuff = shorter lines for old stuff.  Gotta start working on my Midway Mania muscles. ;)

17 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I wonder if it had anything to do with trying to get this up and running ASAP -- knowing that Star Wars Land was at least another year away.

On the plus side, longer lines for new stuff = shorter lines for old stuff.  Gotta start working on my Midway Mania muscles. ;)

Good point.  I don't think it was ever supposed to be more than the two attractions.  They are also counting Toy Story Midway Mania  as being part of this land, and the entrance/exit is being relocated to the other side of the building. 

The only problem with your theory about there being shorter lines for the old stuff, is that there isn't a lot of old stuff left at DHS.  For that reason, I think this will be more of a sh*t-show than Pandora was at opening.  At least DAK had a full slate of other attractions and shows for guests to move on to when Pandora was at capacity.  There isn't enough for guests to do at DHS now, so I think it's going to be bad when Toy Story Land attracts big crowds.

TCD 

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The only problem with your theory about there being shorter lines for the old stuff, is that there isn't a lot of old stuff left at DHS.  ...There isn't enough for guests to do at DHS now, so I think it's going to be bad when Toy Story Land attracts big crowds.

TCD 

You might be right about that.  It's probably more wishful thinking on my part.

• 2 weeks later...
26 minutes ago, Sakone1 said:

I don't remember seeing the parking garage in the pictures. Can guest get to it? I would like to see the updates from there.

That parking garage is only open to Castmembers- guests cannot get to it.

Also, if you look at the photos, that big fake fence they're building will shield the view of the parking garage from Toy Story Land.  I assume it will (already does?) also block the view of Toy Story Land from the parking garage.

TCD