ABC trying to get in touch with Millennials

http://www.chipandco.com/abc-expands-reach-millennials-new-partnership-277021/

The Millennial demographic is arguably the hottest target market these days. ABC is trying to tap even more into the younger millennial market by forming a joint venture with the news site ATTN:.

The Millennial generation is much different than previous generations as they do not go to the television for their primary source of news and turn to social media sites instead. That’s where the partnership with ATTN: comes in. ATTN: will begin to create news video clips for social media sites such as Instagram and Twitter. The goal of this joint venture is to combine ABC’s production resources and big-names guests with ATTN:’s reputation of being able to develop content geared to younger audiences.

As of 2016, Millennials (who are classified as being from 18 to 34 years old) only accounted for 8% of national broadcast viewers. Most followers of ABC’s digital content are between 30 and 40 years old. Currently, the average ATTN: viewer is in their mid-to-late 20s.

As a Millennial myself (barely… I’m 34!), social media is the first place I go to get my news fix. In a need-to-now climate, there is no better convenience than opening the Twitter app on your phone to see the news instantly. Sounds like this will be a great partnership for ABC!

Disney is the parent company of ABC.

Great!  Maybe the local stations will do the same  and switch the newscasts back to the way they used to be.  News coverage! One of the local stations has more crap scrolling and side bars during their news that you can't make heads or tails what the main story is.  And all the stations just give you a small snippet of a story and tell you to go to their web site for the whole story.