Fort Wilderness needs a pool like this

(The video of the pool is on the page with this link

https://www.littlethings.com/tennessee-man-family-pool/?utm_source=todd&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=seniors

Back in 1992, Micky Thornton moved to Covington, Tennessee, and wanted to build a backyard pool for his family to enjoy.

In fact, Micky dreamt of having a big pool of his own ever since he was about 9 years old.

On Labor Day of 1993, Micky got to work. He was 39 at the time, and his wife’s only request was that he didn’t build the pool next to their house.

At first, the initial hole was more than 20 feet deep and lined with a polyethylene mat. Over the course of the next 20 years, Micky spent endless hours, manpower, and dollars on his backyard creation.

It wasn’t until 2013 that his building and renovations were finally complete.

But what was originally intended as a pool for the Thornton family turned into something so much greater than Micky ever imagined.

Wait until you see who gets to enjoy the gorgeous, lavish and hand-built pool of Micky’s dreams, and please SHARE this inspiring story with your friends on Facebook!

Footage provided by WREG Memphis

I saw a tiny house show recently where a family bought 20 acres with 17 being a flooded rock quarry.  They had a large house for the family, but the family had expanded and outgrown it. They added a tiny house next to the quarry with a golf tee, a diving board and slide that emptied into the quarry.  The house with kitchen and bedroom would sleep any visiting family comfortably.  

I also saw the 20 year project.

I spend too much time with the TV and Facebook.

20 hours ago, Retired and Happy (Ken) said:

I saw a tiny house show recently where a family bought 20 acres with 17 being a flooded rock quarry.  They had a large house for the family, but the family had expanded and outgrown it. They added a tiny house next to the quarry with a golf tee, a diving board and slide that emptied into the quarry.  The house with kitchen and bedroom would sleep any visiting family comfortably.  

That sounds amazing.  And I just need the tiny house part. ;)