Is Disney looking for a 2nd Private Island?

http://www.chipandco.com/disney-cruise-line-looking-second-private-island-277233/

Hey there gossip fans it is I, Anonymouse, with some exciting news for you! D23 Expo brought us many new announcements, one of them being not 2 but 3 new Disney Cruise ships heading our way. Another big announcement was that Castaway Cay, Disney’s private island in the Bahamas, was voted the top cruise line private island by Cruise Critic for the second year in a row.

With such a popular destination and all of these new ships, Disney is going to have hard time rotating all of them through Castaway Cay. But I’m now hearing that Disney Cruise Line is actively looking again for a new second private island destination for guests to visit.

Last year I told you how Disney was looking into acquiring Egg Island in the Bahamas. Drilling rigs were identified grabbing seabed samples. These samples were needed to determine if dredging work could be done to allow a pier.

Later Tribune 242 reported that the then Prime Minister of Bahamas Perry Christie gave an interview on the “Ed Fields Live” talk show on KISS FM. He gave the update that his administration had preliminary talks with Disney Cruise Line. Christie stated that all sides agreed that impact assessment studies must come first before a private cruise port could be constructed.

These talks went by the wayside as those impact studies showed that the island’s marine environment could not sustain a development of that magnitude.

Everything got really quiet for awhile, until now. I am now hearing that Disney has once again begun the search. Of course not under the Disney name but they aren’t fooling anyone. I don’t have a new island to report yet BUT I do have something else just as good.

It sounds like when the new island is announced we may be getting a totally different theme then what we are used to at Castaway Cay. Who’s ready to go to Tortuga? Guests can look forward to a total Disney Pirate Experience.