Premium Campsite Recommendation

Hello all! I am new to this forum but have been reading a lot of the threads. There is a lot of great information but it's hard to find one with exact specifics so I figured I would ask. Thanks so much for any help and information you can give. We have a premium campsite reserved for the 2nd week in December. We will have a 44 ft motor home with 4 slides, a SUV, and a personal golf cart and trailer. We will have my parents and our two children with us, 3.5 and 5 at time of travel. We plan to take the boat to MK and either the bus system or drive to the other parks. We will have some downtime to explore the campground and plan to attend at least one campfire sing-a-long. We are considering a night at Mickey's BBQ also but I'm concerned it may be too chilly. I am looking for recommendations for loops/sites that most closely fit the following criteria:

Space and ease of backing in (especially having the motor home, SUV, golf cart, and trailer)

(when looking at the app it seems most of the sites in 1400, 1200, and 1300 are very hard or difficult to back in. But 500 and 400 were mostly easy)

Wooded lot and/or space between sites for privacy

Site that doesn't back up to a road 

I would say since we have a golf cart we prefer a more private spot versus being close to everything but we don’t want to be too far away in case we need to make 2 golf cart trips. I have read a lot of you suggest 1400, 1300, and 1200 for families as those are close to playgrounds. I was initially thinking of loop 1400 but when I watched a YouTube video it seemed the sites weren't private at all. Of course I understand that we won't have true privacy like you can at other campgrounds. I also know that we can only request a loop and/or site and aren't guaranteed that and to let them know why we are requesting a certain area also. We won’t be taking our dogs so we don’t need to have a pet friendly loop but aren’t opposed to staying in one if it’s best. Any other advice for our trip is also appreciated!

Thanks!

Thanks for the response. I am one of those that tend to research too much and overthink it. I've read 800 and 900 are close to the group tent camping area and if there's a group it can be an issue. I'm thinking though there shouldn't be a group of young kids since school is in.

Agree with TCD. Very few sites are bad. 800 and 900 are quiet and mostly private. We like 1200 and 1300 but may try and request 800 or 900 when we are down in a few weeks. Unsure yet because we really like a few sites in both 1200 and 1300 and we have a hard time straying from those loops.

14 hours ago, UFBrenda said:

Thanks for the response. I am one of those that tend to research too much and overthink it. I've read 800 and 900 are close to the group tent camping area and if there's a group it can be an issue. I'm thinking though there shouldn't be a group of young kids since school is in.

No worries.  Research is a good thing, and you are doing the right thing by coming here for confirmation instead of just relying on what you might have read other places.

It is true that there is a walkway from the group camping area that connects to the 900 loop, but it's not a major issue.  It is highly unlikely that anyone will be using the group camping area in the middle of December.  Even if they were, I've camped on the 900 loop when there have been big groups in the group camping area, and there was never any issue.  The groups that camp in the group camping area are typically scout or youth groups, and they are much more respectful and quiet than some of the idiot groups of partiers that you will sometimes find in the camping loops.

The 800 loop is not impacted at all by the group camping area.

TCD

900 is our preferred loop now. We have stayed in the site next to the walkway to the group camping area when there was a group there. During the day we could hear some noise from the group camping area but it was from the music or activities they had going and was quiet at night and in the evening and not loud just enough to know something was going on back there. 

As far as being to chilly for the BBQ, it's Florida you never can tell. We have gone up multiple years around that time and have had years were it's been cold, nice, or hot. Sometimes all 3 in the matter of a week!    

We used to prefer 500 loop, which is close to a playground and the marina. We usually tried to stay towards the end of the loop.

58 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

We used to prefer 500 loop, which is close to a playground and the marina. We usually tried to stay towards the end of the loop.

The 500 loop is a great loop, and definitely a Fiend favorite, but @UFBrenda said she didn't want to back up to a road, and there are a lot of sites on that loop that back up to roads (and a canal, which would also not be great for campers with little ones).

TCD

• 1 month later...

Ok, since we sold the RV, I'll give you the scoop on the S71 favorite sites. We also like privacy and these seemed to work for us. 

800 used to be our favorite loop. 815 and 816 were our favorites since the site you would look at from your RV had a lot of space 

we then became huge fans of the 1100 loop. 1106 is by far one of the best sites. It's easy to back in since it's on the curve and you can't see the next site with a lot of foliage between 1106 and 1107

when we couldn't get that site we actually started to really like 1101 of all sites and 1102. They are both close to the main road but they are both quite private.  

The only site on 900 I thought was private was 921. It's a long site with no one on your right. The only problem with that site is during holiday weekends many kids run through your site to access the foot bridge to the group camping area