Air conditioned comfort stations?

So, we have been at the Fort for about 2 weeks and have yet to have air conditioning in our comfort station.  The compressor ran on only one day of our stay so far and it dropped the temps into the low 80's before it stopped working again.  Today the fan that circulates the air is not even working.  We have questioned this on a few occasions and folks have come to look at the compressor, but so far no improvement.  I was wondering if there have been policy changes that have eliminated the cooling for these buildings.  Any info would be appreciated.

Today, we visited the front desk after investigating the status of air conditioning in other loops.  This morning we learned that the air conditioning is on and cooling to either 72 or 68 degrees in all the the loops with full hook-ups, but that there is no air conditioning on in any comfort stations in the tent loops.  We spoke to a very kind front desk manager and were told that there has not been a policy change to stop the cooling in just the tent loops.  She has promised to speak with the appropriate parties to rectify the problem.  I have my fingers crossed for a solution...showering in a building that is 89 degrees is not refreshing.

2 hours ago, kadancer said:

Today, we visited the front desk after investigating the status of air conditioning in other loops.  This morning we learned that the air conditioning is on and cooling to either 72 or 68 degrees in all the the loops with full hook-ups, but that there is no air conditioning on in any comfort stations in the tent loops.  We spoke to a very kind front desk manager and were told that there has not been a policy change to stop the cooling in just the tent loops.  She has promised to speak with the appropriate parties to rectify the problem.  I have my fingers crossed for a solution...showering in a building that is 89 degrees is not refreshing.

True, you might as well jump in the bathwater they call the Meadow Pool.

The A/C has always been working in the 1500/2000 loop comfort stations when we stayed at the Fort.

Looks like another instance of Fort management just not caring.

Even if a camper hadn't reported it, you would figure the cleaning/maintenance people would've told someone about it.

7 hours ago, Travisma said:

True, you might as well jump in the bathwater they call the Meadow Pool.

The A/C has always been working in the 1500/2000 loop comfort stations when we stayed at the Fort.

Looks like another instance of Fort management just not caring.

Even if a camper hadn't reported it, you would figure the cleaning/maintenance people would've told someone about it.

We have never had this problem in the 2000 loop before either.  The only thing anyone has done so far is adjust the temperature from 50 degrees (changed we assume by campers hoping for AC) back to 68 degrees (which is totally pointless when the thermometer says 89 degrees).  Still keeping my fingers crossed for some improvement, but it is starting to feel like I'm wearing rose-colored glasses.

5 hours ago, keith_h said:

Isn't it obvious. If you wanted air conditioning you wouldn't be sleeping in a tents. :lol:

Perhaps that is the theory on which the decision has been based.  Fortunately, I have AC in my little camper...just not able to shower in it.

2 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I don't think the management is out to get you It's just broke, and they have to get the right folks there to fix it.

The management may not be out to get anyone, but having no AC in a Comfort Station for days on end when it's 90+ degrees out is totally unacceptable.

There was a stretch of time when the 1500/1600 loop Comfort Station's AC wasn't working well.  Management knew it, and had a temporary unit rigged up outside to help with the situation, but the repair took much longer than it should have.  The next time you're there, take a look at the equipment that they have in use at some of the other Comfort Stations- it is well past its useful life.

For what they charge for a campsite, there should be repairmen on site immediately fixing any non-working AC.  If not, I'd be at the front desk demanding a refund, or an upgrade to a cabin or another resort.

TCD

And considering an A/C unit isn't something that a camper could break (unless they ran a golf cart into it) like a toilet, sink, etc, they can' blame it on another customer.

I bet they don't let a common area in a resort have broken A/C for much more than a few hours to a day tops.  And those A/C's are a lot bigger than a comfort station one.

Just wanted to let everyone know - that we finally found some reasonable answers to our questions.  Engineering is working on the AC, but needed parts were delayed and unfortunately, they do not have a time estimate for the repair to be complete.  Not a wonderful scenario, but at least one that let's me know that I don't have to waste any more time trying to figure it out.  Good news is that today they were able to rig something up and the temperature in the comfort station is cooler.  For me, the larger issue is informing all cast members of repair issues.  If the first person we spoke to had provided this explanation, we would have wasted a lot less time looking for answers.  Having to ask the same question on multiple occasions seems to open the door for inconsistent answers.

It may be hot, but we are still having fun!

Wow.  Not sure I would have spent this much of my vacation time working on a comfort station HVAC issue.

12 hours ago, Beckers said:

Ugh. That's awful. Hot and muggy comfort stations are the worst. Hopefully their temporary fix helps you out.

Totally agree!! We had a particularly melty Wild Womenz Weekend a couple of years ago and air conditioned comfort stations were a life saver.

Glad the situation has improved and I hope they get it completely fixed soon!!