My wife and I walked the paved trail from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness on Saturday.  We noticed the nature trail entrance is no longer blocked off.  So on our way back to the Lodge, we turned down there.  It is still a nice walk and eventually you come upon the cabins.  They really did a nice job in that area and the walk is still enjoyable.

2 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

This is great news.  I wondered if they would gate off the walkway where it meets the new paved path they made for the cabins.  The nature trail is a much nicer way to enter the Wilderness Lodge property than going past the bus stops.  Also very convenient for visiting Geyser Point.

TCD

Yes! It leads you right to Geyser Point.

2 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Yes! It leads you right to Geyser Point.

That should help us walk off all the calories we plan to consume there. ;)

2 hours ago, Travisma said:

Wow, who would've thought that a trail leads right to a restaurant.  

Now they need an old fashioned souvenir stand along the trail with a stuffed bear on a stick or a felt flag that says WDW.

Every time DH and I ride ToT, we change the preshow schpiel to.. "We invite you, if you dare, to step aboard because in tonight's episode you are the star. And this elevator travels directly to . . ."

The gift shop. ;)

Imagine my excitement when I saw the title of the thread.  Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was not the swamp trail.

14 hours ago, ftwildernessguy said:

Imagine my excitement when I saw the title of the thread.  Imagine my disappointment when I realized it was not the swamp trail.

Sorry to raise your hopes only to bash them on the rocks at the beach. :rolleyes: