Looking for advice on short term storage options for our TT. We have several trips planned that are only 1 -2 months apart and are thinking of leaving the TT in Florida between those trips. Do any Fiends have experience with RV storage places near the Fort? Any that I should stay away from? Any that you would recommend?

I've said this a couple of times before. I have stored my trailer in FL before when I had short turnaround trips, and I will never do it again. Leaving it in Florida brought on a whole new element of my vacation. I have my packing and towing down pat, but leaving it there, I had to totally rearrange how I packed to go home, as clothes and stuff that would have stayed in the trailer, had to go in the truck to go home, and awnings, chairs, rugs and stuff that normally went in the truck were packed in the trailer for storage, which meant doing all that the morning of departure instead of the day before, as we needed the room to sleep in the trailer the last night. AND I had to clean out and empty the fridge and prepare it for being stored without power DURING MY VACATION TIME. When we got back, of course had to pick up the trailer, and get it camping ready again DURING MY VACATION TIME. If I had just drug it home, I could have done all the fridge cleaning, linens cleaning, clothes cleaning, food removal, bed making, etc. before and after each trip. At home, I can just pull the camper in the garage, plug it in, and leave all the cleanup for later. Although probably not necessary, since it was Nov/Dec, I took the extra precaution of winterizing before leaving the trailer, so that was something else to do during vacation.

This was just my experience, but it is something to think about.

It's hard for me to imagine your prep work as we live just a 3 hour drive from the fort. But leaving a rig in Florida requires some investment in time and effort. After our 3 hour drive home, I store our 5er on our property in a pull through paved carport that I ran 50 amps of power and water to. e021c91e45e1db97a030bc41d490a23a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have family that lives in the Knoxville area, and twice I've left our camper at their house (plenty of room).  It does add a new dynamic to packing for a trip.  Saving the few hours of tow time from Cincinnati to Knoxville wasn't worth the extra effort.  

But, if i had several trips planned to the fort and could leave the camper in Orlando and not have to drive 2 days with it, I think i'd leave it in Orlando between trips. 

On 8/8/2017 at 7:45 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I've said this a couple of times before. I have stored my trailer in FL before when I had short turnaround trips, and I will never do it again. Leaving it in Florida brought on a whole new element of my vacation. I have my packing and towing down pat, but leaving it there, I had to totally rearrange how I packed to go home, as clothes and stuff that would have stayed in the trailer, had to go in the truck to go home, and awnings, chairs, rugs and stuff that normally went in the truck were packed in the trailer for storage, which meant doing all that the morning of departure instead of the day before, as we needed the room to sleep in the trailer the last night. AND I had to clean out and empty the fridge and prepare it for being stored without power DURING MY VACATION TIME. When we got back, of course had to pick up the trailer, and get it camping ready again DURING MY VACATION TIME. If I had just drug it home, I could have done all the fridge cleaning, linens cleaning, clothes cleaning, food removal, bed making, etc. before and after each trip. At home, I can just pull the camper in the garage, plug it in, and leave all the cleanup for later. Although probably not necessary, since it was Nov/Dec, I took the extra precaution of winterizing before leaving the trailer, so that was something else to do during vacation.

This was just my experience, but it is something to think about.

Your experience, was what I pictured if we did this.  We're scheduled to be at The Fort: October, November and December...so we had thought about leaving it down there.  But then I figured it would take time to drive it over, park and unhitch... plus time to pick it up when we're back in town and we usually arrive very, very late or super early so that sounds like a pain too.  The loading of clothes and (especially) food when you get back into town sounds like huge hassle to me.  And, as you pointed out, all during your vacation time  :unsure:

Plus, for us, we might get lucky and squeeze in a random/spontaneous local weekend trip...that would be tough, without our camper :lol:

Having said that, it would be nice to drive home without pulling (in our case) a large rig so, we did consider it. 

On 8/8/2017 at 9:12 PM, Dogdiver said:

It's hard for me to imagine your prep work as we live just a 3 hour drive from the fort. But leaving a rig in Florida requires some investment in time and effort. After our 3 hour drive home, I store our 5er on our property in a pull through paved carport that I ran 50 amps of power and water to. e021c91e45e1db97a030bc41d490a23a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jealous!

I have used this one many times and no issues

937 Stagg Rd, Winter Garden, FL 34787
(407) 654-1889
They are located right at the turnpike and 429
For us it is a saving of around 800 buck roundtrip for fuel.Packing and cleaning are more difficult. However we live 1150 miles away. Time wise we save about 3 hours in drive time without the Fifth wheel but add an hour dropping it off and picking it up. We also mostly come down in the winter so Im not all that crazy about pulling the fifth wheel home in the snow