Not sure how much stock I'd put in this one, but I'm seeing it pop up in a few places recently.  Given all the Epcot stuff that just came out of D23, I'd have thought that if there was something to this one, they'd have announced it then.  Still an interesting rumor...

New Attraction Rumored for Epcot’s United Kingdom Pavilion at Walt Disney World

Posted by: Christy Caby

The recent D23 Expo brought a lot of confirmation of new attractions for Walt Disney World.  The rumor mill is still buzzing about various other efforts that Disney may be working on and we caught wind of another one that sounds pretty exciting if it were to be true.  One rumor that keeps coming up is the possibility for a new attraction to be added at the United Kingdom in Epcot’s World Showcase at Walt Disney World.  The rumors include ideas that the attraction could be themed after Mary Poppins, Brave, Alice in Wonderland or even something involving the Loch Ness Monster.

It appears that the front runner in the rumor mill for the most likely theme to be used is Mary Poppins.  Disney will be releasing the new movie, Mary Poppins Returns, in 2018.  This definitely gives guests reason to believe that  Mary Poppins attraction could make a lot of sense for the area, especially after making Mary Poppins more relevant for younger generations.  We have no confirmation on this concept or any idea as to what type of attraction we would expect it to be.  It sounds like an extremely exciting possibility if it were to be formalized.

We do have a new Ratatouille attraction confirmed for the France pavilion, so at least we know one new attraction is coming to the World Showcase.  There is also still a rumor circulating that hasn’t been confirmed yet is that there could be an entirely new pavilion in the works.  This is rumored to be a Brazil pavilion and include an attraction with the development.  This is also still just a rumor with no confirmations.

http://www.disneydining.com/new-attraction-rumored-for-epcots-united-kingdom-pavilion-at-walt-disney-world/

I have no doubt that this is an idea that has been considered.

Disney has done very well with their live action reboots of their classic animated movies. This year's Beauty and the Beast is the highest grossing movie of the year, and it doesn't look like any other movie will touch it (except that new Star Wars movie being released in December).

The new Mary Poppins movie will probably be a blockbuster. 

But, I don't think there will be any new attraction for the UK pavilion until after all of the new stuff which was already announced for Epcot is in place (the Rat ride and the Guardians ride, along with whatever they're doing in the entry area).  I just can't see them spending that much that quickly.

TCD

15 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

But, I don't think there will be any new attraction for the UK pavilion until after all of the new stuff which was already announced for Epcot is in place (the Rat ride and the Guardians ride, along with whatever they're doing in the entry area).  I just can't see them spending that much that quickly.

TCD

I tend to agree.  Plus with the new Mary Poppins movie not due out until the end of 2018 (as of now), they may wait and let it create it's own buzz and THEN announce something new is coming.  If I remember correctly, the big Frozen updates didn't get announced until after the movie was out and taking over the world. If they follow suit here, that means they realistically don't even have to announce a new Mary Poppins attraction until early 2019... which means maybe you'll see it in 2020-21.

14 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Plus with the new Mary Poppins movie not due out until the end of 2018 (as of now), they may wait and let it create it's own buzz and THEN announce something new is coming.  If I remember correctly, the big Frozen updates didn't get announced until after the movie was out and taking over the world. If they follow suit here, that means they realistically don't even have to announce a new Mary Poppins attraction until early 2019... which means maybe you'll see it in 2020-21.

Man... I didn't even know a new one was coming out.  Why?  I love the old one.  

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

From my understanding it is more of a sequel like the movie Hook was to Peter Pam. The Banks children are grown up and Mary Poppins returns to help them through a troubling time. 

2 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

This is huge news, and the hype for this movie has already begun.  It is still over a year away, but was featured on the cover of Entertainment Weekly magazine back in June.  An excerpt from that article:

Disney’s Mary Poppins Returns (in theaters Christmas 2018) might be one of the highest-profile sequels ever attempted, more than half a century after Walt Disney’s cinematic classic immortalized the careers of Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke, smashed records, got a word in the dictionary (guess which one) and become one of the most cherished films of all time. Set in 1910, the original film, loosely based on the first two volumes of P.L. Travers’ eight-book series, told the story of how Mary Poppins united an absent father and his two playful children through her singular, enigmatic magic. But there were six more Travers books, bursting with more characters and stories, waiting to be adapted on screen one day.

Mary Poppins Returns, directed by Rob Marshall (Into the Woods), picks up 25 years after the events of the first film, fast-forwarding to London’s mid-1930s economic slump, the actual time period of Travers’ books. Number 17 Cherry Tree Lane has become the warm, loving home that banker and artist Michael Banks (Ben Whishaw) shares with his wife and three children. But after the sudden death of Michael’s wife, the Banks family is shattered — even enthusiastic aunt Jane (Emily Mortimer), now a fervent union organizer, and long-time housemaid Ellen (Julie Walters) can’t help lift spirits — and so in time, the once-blossoming home is on the verge of foreclosure.

Cue the arrival of prim and peculiar Mary Poppins (Emily Blunt), who leads Michael’s wayward children (and Jane and Michael themselves) on a series of unbelievable adventures — to the top of Big Ben, the bottom of the ocean, into magical encounters with animated dancing penguins and upside-down cousins (hey, Meryl Streep!). If anyone can help this family find the light they’ve lost, it’s Mary Poppins.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/06/07/mary-poppins-returns-inside-the-magical-sequel/

They are not messing around with this project.  The cast is loaded with big names.

I think it's going to be a big hit.

TCD

6 hours ago, keith_h said:

From my understanding it is more of a sequel like the movie Hook was to Peter Pam. The Banks children are grown up and Mary Poppins returns to help them through a troubling time. 

For me, Robin Williams made that movie.  Always thought that one was for the parents, more than the kids ?

5 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

This is huge news, and the hype for this movie has already begun.  It is still over a year away, but was featured on the cover of Entertainment Weekly magazine back in June.  An excerpt from that article:

Disney’s Mary Poppins Returns (in theaters Christmas 2018) might be one of the highest-profile sequels ever attempted, more than half a century after Walt Disney’s cinematic classic immortalized the careers of Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke, smashed records, got a word in the dictionary (guess which one) and become one of the most cherished films of all time. Set in 1910, the original film, loosely based on the first two volumes of P.L. Travers’ eight-book series, told the story of how Mary Poppins united an absent father and his two playful children through her singular, enigmatic magic. But there were six more Travers books, bursting with more characters and stories, waiting to be adapted on screen one day.

Mary Poppins Returns, directed by Rob Marshall (Into the Woods), picks up 25 years after the events of the first film, fast-forwarding to London’s mid-1930s economic slump, the actual time period of Travers’ books. Number 17 Cherry Tree Lane has become the warm, loving home that banker and artist Michael Banks (Ben Whishaw) shares with his wife and three children. But after the sudden death of Michael’s wife, the Banks family is shattered — even enthusiastic aunt Jane (Emily Mortimer), now a fervent union organizer, and long-time housemaid Ellen (Julie Walters) can’t help lift spirits — and so in time, the once-blossoming home is on the verge of foreclosure.

Cue the arrival of prim and peculiar Mary Poppins (Emily Blunt), who leads Michael’s wayward children (and Jane and Michael themselves) on a series of unbelievable adventures — to the top of Big Ben, the bottom of the ocean, into magical encounters with animated dancing penguins and upside-down cousins (hey, Meryl Streep!). If anyone can help this family find the light they’ve lost, it’s Mary Poppins.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/06/07/mary-poppins-returns-inside-the-magical-sequel/

They are not messing around with this project.  The cast is loaded with big names.

I think it's going to be a big hit.

TCD

Thanks for sharing.  I agree, it has potential...hopefully they do it right.