So the bad news for you Star Wars fireworks @DHS fans is that it won't be on from Nov 9 - Dec 14. Instead there will be Jingle Bell Jingle BAM! fireworks nightly.

The good news for those of you that will be at WDW the 2nd half of December is that you get BOTH!

Star Wars A Galactic Spectacular to a take a break for the holidays

1 hour ago 

From November 9 to December 14, Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM! will perform at 8pm. Then from December 15 - December 31, both "Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!" and "Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular" will be shown. Jingle Bell will be shown at 6:30pm, and Star Wars at 9pm or 10pm.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/star-wars-a-galactic-spectacular/news/09aug2017-star-wars-a-galactic-spectacular-to-a-take-a-break-for-the-holidays.htm

I can't remember the last time I saw double fireworks in a WDW park.  I think it may have been many moons ago when they used to do Wishes before park close on party nights.

51 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Meh.  Even two fireworks shows do not make up for the loss of the Osborne Lights.

Plus, they have to perform a lot of fireworks shows, because there are barely any attractions left in that park.

TCD

Totally agree sir.

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Meh.  Even two fireworks shows do not make up for the loss of the Osborne Lights.

Plus, they have to perform a lot of fireworks shows, because there are barely any attractions left in that park.

TCD

But they're magical fireworks.  Plus they probably have extras from when they supposedly cut back during the burn ban.

Hey, don't forget to reserve your place at the dessert party for the Jingle Bam show- only $89 for all you can eat cupcakes and watered down liquor from December 17-31.  What do you want to bet that there will also be a Star Wars dessert party that coincides with the Star Wars fireworks?   The beancounters would love that!  Two sold out dessert parties every night!  Ka-Ching!  Merry Christmas!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/08/jingle-bell-jingle-bam-holiday-dessert-party-is-back/

TCD

3 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

2 fair points, but as a fireworks junkie, I'll take it.

Now to find a way to stay to the middle of December... ;)

On 8/9/2017 at 2:20 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Hey, don't forget to reserve your place at the dessert party for the Jingle Bam show- only $89 for all you can eat cupcakes and watered down liquor from December 17-31.  What do you want to bet that there will also be a Star Wars dessert party that coincides with the Star Wars fireworks?   The beancounters would love that!  Two sold out dessert parties every night!  Ka-Ching!  Merry Christmas!

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/08/jingle-bell-jingle-bam-holiday-dessert-party-is-back/

TCD

I'm kindof half way considering the Star Wars dessert party during our quick labor day weekend trip. We're bringing our Grand Nephew and he loves Star Wars. I DESPISE holding down a piece of concrete for a good spot for Fireworks...... but $200+ for the three of us is a bit extreme too. I'm already upgrading his park ticket to a hopper just so we can split our time Sunday between Animal Kingdom in the morning and Studios in the evening for fireworks.

46 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I'm kindof half way considering the Star Wars dessert party during our quick labor day weekend trip. We're bringing our Grand Nephew and he loves Star Wars. I DESPISE holding down a piece of concrete for a good spot for Fireworks...... but $200+ for the three of us is a bit extreme too. I'm already upgrading his park ticket to a hopper just so we can split our time Sunday between Animal Kingdom in the morning and Studios in the evening for fireworks.

This might be a situation where its' worth it to cough up the $200.  These dessert parties definitely have appeal for those doing a "once in a lifetime" trip.  It's hard to get a good spot for the DHS projection/fireworks shows, and the dessert parties do give you that (because they rope off space that day guests would otherwise have access to).  If you skipped a meal and used the dessert party as a substitute, it isn't quite as much of a rip-off.

TCD

11 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

This might be a situation where its' worth it to cough up the $200.  These dessert parties definitely have appeal for those doing a "once in a lifetime" trip.  It's hard to get a good spot for the DHS projection/fireworks shows, and the dessert parties do give you that (because they rope off space that day guests would otherwise have access to).  If you skipped a meal and used the dessert party as a substitute, it isn't quite as much of a rip-off.

TCD

But you still have kids on shoulders dads (and moms) blocking your view.

One woman on a FB post had commented that they enjoyed the desserts, but that they had a poor view.  They said they were glad they did it one time but would never do it again.

Some people were ready to lynch her for giving a negative review.

9 minutes ago, Travisma said:

But you still have kids on shoulders dads (and moms) blocking your view.

One woman on a FB post had commented that they enjoyed the desserts, but that they had a poor view.  They said they were glad they did it one time but would never do it again.

Some people were ready to lynch her for giving a negative review.

From what I've seen, that isn't true.  The dessert party people have a nice roped-in area. There aren't kids on shoulders in there.

Personally, I could never justify paying the outrageous amount they charge for the dessert parties, and I can understand someone giving a negative review for the value, but there is no problem with the viewing area.

TCD

15 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

From what I've seen, that isn't true.  The dessert party people have a nice roped-in area. There aren't kids on shoulders in there.

Personally, I could never justify paying the outrageous amount they charge for the dessert parties, and I can understand someone giving a negative review for the value, but there is no problem with the viewing area.

TCD

She said they were the people outside of the roped area, and they blocked their view if they were sitting at their table.  They had to stand to watch the show.