Well, today is the day we sold our RV.  I have contemplated over it for a few months now and decided to pull the plug.   I know there are a ton of great places to camp in the south, but we predominantly camp at the fort and an occasional trip to Tennessee.  10 years ago when we started camping at the fort, we could book a long weekend 2 weeks prior and we could get thanksgiving or Christmas week no problem within 4-6 months.  That's all changed along with increase in prices and over crowded amenities due to locals and poor management.  As much as I enjoy swinging in my hammock and feeling I'm nowhere near Florida when camping at the fort, it was getting harder and harder to justify sometimes $1300-$1400 for 7 days of camping.  I'm sure someday we will get another RV, but there are so many more things we want to do and many more places we want to see.  When you have so much money tired up in an RV, you feel that every trip has to be used along with the RV or it's not worth having. We still love Disney and will probably be a frequent visitors to some of the value resorts.  If anyone is looking for an awesome lifted golf cart or cool looking Mickey lamp post, pm me.  

3 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

Well, today is the day we sold our RV.  I have contemplated over it for a few months now and decided to pull the plug.   I know there are a ton of great places to camp in the south, but we predominantly camp at the fort and an occasional trip to Tennessee.  10 years ago when we started camping at the fort, we could book a long weekend 2 weeks prior and we could get thanksgiving or Christmas week no problem within 4-6 months.  That's all changed along with increase in prices and over crowded amenities due to locals and poor management.  As much as I enjoy swinging in my hammock and feeling I'm nowhere near Florida when camping at the fort, it was getting harder and harder to justify sometimes $1300-$1400 for 7 days of camping.  I'm sure someday we will get another RV, but there are so many more things we want to do and many more places we want to see.  When you have so much money tired up in an RV, you feel that every trip has to be used along with the RV or it's not worth having. We still love Disney and will probably be a frequent visitors to some of the value resorts.  If anyone is looking for an awesome lifted golf cart or cool looking Mickey lamp post, pm me.  

Bitter sweet in sure.  

We have rented a 5er at the fort. Maybe that will be an option for y'all.  

sending you a pm about your golf cart. Our neighbors at the lake have been talking about getting one.   I'm not sure how much they are looking to spend But I'll pass on the info to them. 

I can understand your feelings. As Ray said there is always being able to rent a trailer or if you prefer there are the cabins.  I'd say keep the Mickey light. You can always put it out on a balcony or a window at one of the resorts. Also if you decide to rent a trailer at the park nobody will know the difference. Don't forget X-mas decorating.