007 Returns to the Fort

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So I was debating on doing a trip report but we are 2 days in and well, I got a lot going on already. Probably not a lot of pictures but a whole lot of interesting stuff. So friday morning we pul

We took our Ford to the dealer because of the harsh ride and the fix was the leave with a Chevy    The Chevy ride\interior just fits me better and feels more plush.

It wasn't a thread jack, this was clearly a story about a truck that took place at WDW.

Ahh tuesday....another day of waiting for a call. We got up and rolling around 7:30. We had a reservation for Ohana for brrakfast. We started to head out and then remembered....no truck. Driving was out of thr question so now we had to play transportation hop. We got to the boat dock at 8 an of course the only boat running at that point was for the contemporary and that line was almost to the end of the dock. I wasnt to worried since our reservation wasnt until 9:30. However the kids got antsy standing there for 30 minutes as the line died down and the MK boat started running. We ended up using the MK boat nd hopped on the resort monorail to get to the poly. So far the morning was looking bright for the 007 clan.

Since things had been going not so good this trip we were starting to finally unwind and relax some at this point. But that didnt last for long. Upon entering the poly and checking in, we found out tht stitch no longer comes to the table and you must stand in line to get a picture and meet him. He also doesnt do the parade anymore. I suspect that they had issues and had to make the change. Then the food came and we found out that they are no longer serving bacon and it is now ham in its place. None of us were happy. We dod get our stitch juice and that helped to balance the mood. We actually had about 3 gallons of stitch juice between all of us and our waiter brought us large to go cups of it as well. We will call that a win.

After breakfast we stopped in the gift shops and looked around. Didnt see much so we moved on. We hopped the monorail over to the GF and did some hidden mickey hunting and looked through more gift shops. While in one of the shops my son leaned against a door and set of the alarm. Talk about embarrasing. To make it worse the security guard didnt have the right key to shut it off and they had to call in someone else. After 5 minutes of the alarm sounding it finally was silenced.

After the poly it was time to into the MK. Since we had been fighting on and off rain showers we had not been able to ride most of the stuff we wanted to. We headed in to ride one thing that my daughter wanted to ride. The train. Now I have not been on the train in years but I really enjoyed slowing down and just kicking back. So much so that we almost went around a second time but didnt because more rain was on its way.

Before we left though I had to check oit something for my moms christmas present. A few years ago she didnt buy a tinkerbell dooney purse and she had kicked herself in the but for not getting it. She was this years half marathon one online and she was upset it wasnt in the park when we came down in may. I swung into the store on main street and picked up both the purse and wallet since they had a few left. Hopefully she likes it. After spending to much money we left and went back to the camper for a nap and awaited the phone call from the dealer.

We got back around 1 and hit the sack. At 2:30 they called and said it was ready. I gave them the address of the fort and they sent a shuttle over. At 2:45 I was sitting at the outpost waiting for them to arrive. I should have taken my time as they didnt show up to get me until almost 4. Then after a quick 15 minute drive I was at the dealer to get the truck. After a nice chat with the service advisor I had my keys and a bill for $0. The nee water pump, serpentine belt, and a system coolant flush and refill was all covered by my powertrain warranty. Got really lucky there. After I found where it was on the lot I was back rolling down the road to the fort.

While I was out picking up the truck the wife and kids were going to hit the pool. Unfortunately that didnt happen because the storm was about ready to hit so they headed back to the camper. They decided to head over and just take showers and get ready for a quick trip to HS. Well I show back up shortly after 5 and there they were sitting on the picnic table. Apparently my wife locked them all out of the camper and they were waiting for me to arrive. Once I got them in and we ate a sandwich, then we were off for my wife, son, and I to ride rock n roller coaster. My daughter was not tall enough so we used rider swap and my son rode twice. Score for him. After that we went back to the fort, stuck in a movie, and fell asleep. Life was mostly good on tuesday. Things were looking up.

Okay... sorry, late to join.

Whew... that's a lot!  What a busy few days.  Yay for the warranty!  So happy for you there.  Our truck made that "fun" shop visit last year when we were at The Fort; our trip was not free :(  

Ohana's!!  Really?!  We're scheduled to go back in October.  The Stitch thing, I think we're okay with that but no bacon?!!  Seriously!  Hmm... wonder if you can ask them to bring you some.  We're a bacon family ;)

2 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

No bacon, really that's crazy.

3 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Okay... sorry, late to join.

Whew... that's a lot!  What a busy few days.  Yay for the warranty!  So happy for you there.  Our truck made that "fun" shop visit last year when we were at The Fort; our trip was not free :(  

Ohana's!!  Really?!  We're scheduled to go back in October.  The Stitch thing, I think we're okay with that but no bacon?!!  Seriously!  Hmm... wonder if you can ask them to bring you some.  We're a bacon family ;)

Tell me about it. We love our bacon as well. We almost had the trails end waiter bring us a whole tray of it. We were bummed out for sure. The kids still love the parade and the characters. We like the atmosphere. If they cut much more we probably wont be going back. We can eat at trails end cheaper and have more of a variety.

Wednesday...time for Epcot. We got up around 8 am and ate breakfast in the camper. It consisted of bacon egg and cheese croissants for the wife and I. The kids had pop tarts and odom sausage biscuits. We grabbed our bag full of water, sunscreen, and headed out.

A walk to the busses and a quick ride to Epcot and we were ready for our first ride. But before we go there, we noticed something over the course of our stay and we saw a few on the way to Epcot. Minnie Vans. They are actually chevy traverses and are painted red with white dots. The kids thought they were cool to see.

So back to Epcot. Up first ws soarin. My daughter loved it last time and this time she loved it more. My son however was screaming bloody murder because he thoight he was really flying. I wont be taking him on it again but Uncle Clint will in November. I bet he changes his tune then. He seems to like whatever Uncle Clint likes.

After soarin we hit our first fastpass...figment. The kids love figment. We rode through and the wife watched them play while I shopped. I was surprised to find the Flower and Garden figment statues were still there. I didnt get one in May because I was going to order one when we got home as well as the Sorcerer Mickey one. When I went to order them the week after we got back they were no longer on the shop disney parks app. I went ahead and bought one and shipped it to the fort (which reminds me I need to pick it up tomorrow).

Next up was Nemo and the aquarium. We spent a good hour looking at all the fish and doing some of the trivia games.

We would have spent more time in there but we had ressies for Chef se France so we headed over to eat. While walking over we noticed it was dead around the world showcase. It was nice not fighting the crowds.

Lunch in France was good. We didnt want to insult the waitress so we pointed to the menu items we wanted. If not we were going to butcher their language up really good. I had the filet, my wife the beef roast, my son had the hamburger, and my daughter had the ham mac and cheese. The food was great. My only issue was the portions were really small for the adults snd huge for the kids. My wife and I also got the chocolate mousse cake which was also excellent.

Now fat and happy, we took off for a stroll around the world showcase to burn some time. We got really luck on tuesday and scored a 3:20 fast pass for frozen so we had about an hour to burn. We ended up going to the cool zone and getting some Inca Cola. This is mine and my sons favorite over there. My daughter likes most of the fruity ones and my wife thought beverly was really good (i think she lost her mind).

With our hour burnt we headed back to ride Frozen. We all enjoyed it. But not as much as we enjoyed the Anna Birthday Cupcake from the Norway bakery. That cupcake was fantastic.

At about 4 we called it a day at Epcot and headed back to the fort. On the way I snagged a FP for my son and I over at MK for Buzz at 7:20. 

After getting into the camper and cooling down for a few my so and I took off to the MK. We got there and rode the peoplemover before buzz. After buzz I was able to snag another FP for pirates since he likes it. The only part that was bad was the walk to the other side of the park. While waiting to get on the boat at pirates I snagged another pirates FP since he wanted to ride it twice. We jumped off then back on again. We got all of those MK rides in over the period of n hour without rushing so I say we did good.

At 8:30 we headed over to see be fireworks. On the way we grabbed some pretzels which I would come to realize was a bad idea later.

Now as some of you may remember, we were here in may for the first night of happily ever after but missed it because we were stuck in liberty tree dealing with some really bad service.  This time we were going to see them. And we did from decent spots over towards the walkway heading to adventureland. There was an older guy that offered to let my sonstand on the block wall and hold on to the railing so he could see the castle.

I now understand that you have to see these in person in front of the castle. So much lost in translation and I dont think the fireworks are consistently fired to appreciate the show from anywhere other than in the park. My son thought tinkerbell was really cool. 

As the crowd thinned down we headed back to big thunder. We got in line with a 20 minute wait but my son started complainjng of a headache so we decided to call it a night. We took it slow and got back to the dock. On the boat I could tell he wasnt feeling good and he layed down in my lap.

At the fort we grabbed the van and headed up to 800. From there we started walking back to 1300. Shortly after the meadows I realized the pretzel was a bad idea. He tossed it up all over the place and he kept apologizing be ause he couldnt hold it in. I felt really bad for him. He never said his tummy hurt. We got back to the site and put him down and I ran back and cleaned up his mess. Once done I grabbed a shower and hit the sack.

Only two short days left on this trip. Man the days go fast when things dont seem to go right.

11 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

Tell me about it. We love our bacon as well. We almost had the trails end waiter bring us a whole tray of it. We were bummed out for sure. The kids still love the parade and the characters. We like the atmosphere. If they cut much more we probably wont be going back. We can eat at trails end cheaper and have more of a variety.

Yeah... it was our youngest (he's 5) who got to choose the breakfast:  when I asked him if he wanted bacon or the experience at Ohana's... well, he's still thinking about it :lol:

Great report so far. Sorry for all the bad luck. Don't know how you kept your cool about the 1200/700 loop screw up when your site was ready. I would have lost it. Typical morons that run and work at the fort. The last thing you needed after a long drive was a start like that to a great vacation.  

I totally agree on Planet Hollywood. Worst service at Disney. And the food is terrible.  Last time there we ordered a milkshake to go. The waitress said we couldn't get all crap that's on the actual in house shake and I understood.  To my surprise, she brought out a regular shake ina 8oz Styro cup and said $14 dollars please.  I refused and left the shake at the table. Will never go back.  

FYI   Don't waste your money at Ohana for breakfast  totally not worth the price Dinner is a different story.  You're better off going to kona around the corner and ordering their tonga toast which is awesome

Sorry to hear the troubles about your truck.   I am an anti-dodge fan and could rip into why this happened to a 2 year old truck but I'm trying to be more positive in what I type....lol. Hope your luck gets better. 

So gonna finish up the trip report. Our last 2 days were pretty uneventful.

So thursday we got up and decided to give the truck a short drive to make sure everything was good to go for our trip home. We grabbed our swimming gear and took off to typhoon lagoon. We wanted to go to blizzard beach this trip but the truck issues cut 2 days from our plans so we had to cut a water park day.

We had a blast at typhoon lagoon. Spent 3 hours in the lazy river an hour in the wave pool and 2 more hours on water slides. My son decided to be cute at the end of one of them and jumped out of the tube a little early at the end and the disney guys talked to him about it. We scolded him for not listening but for them to do it I wasnt happy. They had heard us already talking to him and they decided to jump in. He is only 7 and he doesnt need everyone trying to talk to him. After that he shut down and was grumpy for a few hours. My wife and I did get some tasty adult beverages from jofferys and that made the day for us.

We went ahead and headed back to the camper and chilled out for the rest of the night. We watched sorcerers apprentice inside because it was to humid and hot outside.

Friday morning we woke up only to realize our suntan lotion didnt work worth a hoot on thursday. The kids worked well but the normal adult stuff didnt work at all. My wife and I were lobsters. We got cleaned up and headed over to epcot. I had a surprise for everyone. I was able to score a last minute reservation at beaches and cream and I was jonesing to try the kitchen sink.

After awuick pass through the land and then figment we headed over to beaches and cream. The food was much better than I thought it was going to be. I had the meatload sandwich, the wife had a sandwich that we cant remember at this point, my son the kids burger, and my daughter the mac and cheese. And when it was gone, we killed a kitchen sink. It was fantastic and something we will always remember.

After we got fat and happy we took off for our test track fastpass. As usual we all enjoyed it and glad we were not waiting to get in.

With our last ride done we headed back to start the dreadful packing to go home. We did a few loads of laundry, cleaned up the camper, and packed up what we could. I took a last minute trip over to the MK to get some of those awesome rice crispy treats (not those crappy prepackaged ones) for the ride home.

We hit the bed at 8 so we could get out of the fort early for the long drive back to ohio. As we bid the fort an and not so awesome trip farewell, we knew we would be back in November. So come November 18 we should be back down for 2 weeks. Hopefully we will bot have truck issues then and we will be with family. We cant wait.

On 8/20/2017 at 7:37 AM, Starbuc71 said:

Great report so far. Sorry for all the bad luck. Don't know how you kept your cool about the 1200/700 loop screw up when your site was ready. I would have lost it. Typical morons that run and work at the fort. The last thing you needed after a long drive was a start like that to a great vacation.  

I totally agree on Planet Hollywood. Worst service at Disney. And the food is terrible.  Last time there we ordered a milkshake to go. The waitress said we couldn't get all crap that's on the actual in house shake and I understood.  To my surprise, she brought out a regular shake ina 8oz Styro cup and said $14 dollars please.  I refused and left the shake at the table. Will never go back.  

FYI   Don't waste your money at Ohana for breakfast  totally not worth the price Dinner is a different story.  You're better off going to kona around the corner and ordering their tonga toast which is awesome

Sorry to hear the troubles about your truck.   I am an anti-dodge fan and could rip into why this happened to a 2 year old truck but I'm trying to be more positive in what I type....lol. Hope your luck gets better. 

Why anti dodge they fixed his truck at no charge, what more can you ask for. And let's be apples to apples if your experience didn't have a Cummins in it then it's not the same.

6 minutes ago, rtguy007 said:

So gonna finish up the trip report. Our last 2 days were pretty uneventful.

So thursday we got up and decided to give the truck a short drive to make sure everything was good to go for our trip home. We grabbed our swimming gear and took off to typhoon lagoon. We wanted to go to blizzard beach this trip but the truck issues cut 2 days from our plans so we had to cut a water park day.

We had a blast at typhoon lagoon. Spent 3 hours in the lazy river an hour in the wave pool and 2 more hours on water slides. My son decided to be cute at the end of one of them and jumped out of the tube a little early at the end and the disney guys talked to him about it. We scolded him for not listening but for them to do it I wasnt happy. They had heard us already talking to him and they decided to jump in. He is only 7 and he doesnt need everyone trying to talk to him. After that he shut down and was grumpy for a few hours. My wife and I did get some tasty adult beverages from jofferys and that made the day for us.

We went ahead and headed back to the camper and chilled out for the rest of the night. We watched sorcerers apprentice inside because it was to humid and hot outside.

Friday morning we woke up only to realize our suntan lotion didnt work worth a hoot on thursday. The kids worked well but the normal adult stuff didnt work at all. My wife and I were lobsters. We got cleaned up and headed over to epcot. I had a surprise for everyone. I was able to score a last minute reservation at beaches and cream and I was jonesing to try the kitchen sink.

After awuick pass through the land and then figment we headed over to beaches and cream. The food was much better than I thought it was going to be. I had the meatload sandwich, the wife had a sandwich that we cant remember at this point, my son the kids burger, and my daughter the mac and cheese. And when it was gone, we killed a kitchen sink. It was fantastic and something we will always remember.

After we got fat and happy we took off for our test track fastpass. As usual we all enjoyed it and glad we were not waiting to get in.

With our last ride done we headed back to start the dreadful packing to go home. We did a few loads of laundry, cleaned up the camper, and packed up what we could. I took a last minute trip over to the MK to get some of those awesome rice crispy treats (not those crappy prepackaged ones) for the ride home.

We hit the bed at 8 so we could get out of the fort early for the long drive back to ohio. As we bid the fort an and not so awesome trip farewell, we knew we would be back in November. So come November 18 we should be back down for 2 weeks. Hopefully we will bot have truck issues then and we will be with family. We cant wait.

First trip report I have read start to finish with no pictures. Good job.

11 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

First trip report I have read start to finish with no pictures. Good job.

If I could get tapatalk working there wiuld have beena few good ones. Got pictures of the truck marking its territory, a great picture of my son jumping out of the tube courtesy of photopass, a great pic from rock n roller coaster, and some great wildlife pics from around the fort. The site I foind to post for free doesnt work well from my phone. I may get some posted once I get some time on the computer this weekend.

On 8/20/2017 at 8:37 AM, Starbuc71 said:

Is it like Pooh's Puffed French Toast at the Crystal Palace?  That stuff is amazing!!

18 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Why anti dodge they fixed his truck at no charge, what more can you ask for. And let's be apples to apples if your experience didn't have a Cummins in it then it's not the same.

I knew you would chime in on a dodge quote. Don't want to get into a debate about trucks. I just hate dodge like a lot of people hate toyota...all good

3 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

I knew you would chime in on a dodge quote. Don't want to get into a debate about trucks. I just hate dodge like a lot of people hate toyota...all good

I don't hate any any auto maker they have all made bad automobiles and good automobiles. I personally skipped dodge diesels from mid 07 through 2012. Ford diesels I skipped 08 through 10.  The only reason I have never bought a duramax is I don't like ifs  suspension.  Try a new megacab ram diesel it will surprise you.

22 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

To be quite honest most of the water pump issue was probably my fault. I live by the motto of dont read the manual until you have to. While it has worked well for me for years, it probably bit me in the rear here. Since this is my first diesel I was unaware of the letting it idle before shutting it off. Apparently the water pump is a weak point if you dont let it idle to let the turbo cool down before shutting it off. And there was 60k miles of just shutting it off. They did find the bearing seal was toast and the bearing was rusted apart and the leading cause of that from my reseach is lack of following directions and letting it idle a while before shutting it off. Regardless they were quick to cover it with the powertrain warranty with no questions asked.

3 hours ago, Starbuc71 said:

They all have pros and cons. I can tell you that new nissan with the cummins in it is interesting. There was one at the fort and I couldnt hear it at all. Looked up the specs and it isnt your typical cummins design. You would not find me buying one. At least the 5.9 and 6.7 cummins has been around for a while and the bugs are fixed or well known.

I would almost buy a 6.0l ford diesel over that new nissan cummins. At least I know it is going to crap out on me. :ROFLMAO-1:

Ok I am a little bit of a chrysler fan. Just a bit but I have still had my fair share of issues with some of their stuff.

27 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

I don't hate any any auto maker they have all made bad automobiles and good automobiles. I personally skipped dodge diesels from mid 07 through 2012. Ford diesels I skipped 08 through 10.  The only reason I have never bought a duramax is I don't like ifs  suspension.  Try a new megacab ram diesel it will surprise you.

Good choice on skipping those years. I still would love to know why GM doesnt do something better with their sloppy and soft suspensions for better towing. Shouldnt have to beef up a 3/4 or 1 ton trucks suspension to tow your average travel trailer or fifth wheel.

Now the water pump replacement on those duramax's......pass. What a pain.