This doesn't qualify as a trip report, so I'm just putting it here.  Checked into Fort Wilderness yesterday, although I'm at work today while my wife spends time with her sister and nephew as well as his family.  Noticed a couple of things that I figured would be worth noting.  We arrived a little earlier than planned, around 11:00.  There was a little bit of a wait since only one lane was open.  There was a camper checking in, a car and then us.  Fortunately, the car decided to turn around and drive the wrong way out, I presume to do the walk in check in.  The camper in front finished and we pulled in just as they opened another lane.  Check in went very well.  The cast member was really friendly and knew what he was doing.  They still give out those mosquito wipes.  He did state there are no issues, but they just want to be proactive. He said our site was not yet ready and we got the usual "go to the overflow lot and wait for a text message".  My thought was, "We'll be waiting for the next hour".  Before we even got to the overflow lot we got our text message saying our site was ready.  We got one of our favorite sites and setting up went well.  I was pleased at how well check in went, even smoother than the last time which was pretty good too.

The Wifi at the Fort is VASTLY improved from when we were there in June.  The speed is excellent.  Some of that may be due to the fact that the 200 loop is only about 60% full.  However, inside the camper, the signal strength is much higher than our last trip, and we were in the same site.  The speed seems faster than even other times we've been there when the loop was not very full.

On the not so good side, the A/C in the 100/200 loop comfort station is down.  When we were pulling in yesterday they had quite a few trucks parked in front of the comfort station conveniently blocking a good part of the road.  Fortunately I had just enough room to squeeze between a truck and the trash dumpster.  When I was leaving for work at 6AM this morning, trucks were already pulling in, so hopefully it will be fixed soon.  The ventilation is still running, and getting a shower last night after coming back from Magic Kingdom wasn't too bad. 

On a sad note, when we returned to our camper last night, there was a Reedy Creek ambulance, a Fort manager, and several other security people in front of the camper two sites down.  Apparently a woman in the camper fell and hit her head on a counter or something.  They took her out on a stretcher, and she did not appear to be moving much.  I think she was alone since her family was over at Universal and Disney was able to contact them.  Hopefully she will be alright.

The water from all of the rain seems to be draining well.  The construction on the main road continues and it is blocked to all through traffic at the 4 way stop coming in, and at the T near the Settlement. Who knows how long that will last, but it looks like a ton of work.  We were walking around the 100 loop last night and it looks like they may have another leak on one of the inside sites there as well.  There was a good bit of water there that appears to be coming out of the ground. 

All in all though very pleased so far.  The campers seem very friendly and polite yet again, I didn't hear one golf cart horn yesterday and the ones I saw driving were not doing crazy things at all.

On a final note, I have no idea what that crane (or some type of tall boom) is doing at River Country.  All of the old structures and boardwalks still appear to be there.  I only saw it from the boat last evening, so I have nothing to add to what already was posted.  If I get a chance, I'll see if I can get a closer look.

Hope the person going to the hospital is ok. Dont like hearing of people on vacation that have something like thatvhappen to them.

Glad your having luck with the wifi in 200. Up in 1300 it seems worse than last time but that could be because we are a little further away from the antenna than we were before. 1300 has also been experiencing lower than normal water pressure at night but it seems to come back after the nightly shower rush.

We didnt get to loop any last night. Is the 100/200/300 loop as dead as 700/800/900/1000/1100? I think there may be 10 campers total between all of those loops from what we could see on our way back last night.

25 minutes ago, rtguy007 said:

Hope the person going to the hospital is ok. Dont like hearing of people on vacation that have something like thatvhappen to them.

Glad your having luck with the wifi in 200. Up in 1300 it seems worse than last time but that could be because we are a little further away from the antenna than we were before. 1300 has also been experiencing lower than normal water pressure at night but it seems to come back after the nightly shower rush.

We didnt get to loop any last night. Is the 100/200/300 loop as dead as 700/800/900/1000/1100? I think there may be 10 campers total between all of those loops from what we could see on our way back last night.

The 100/200 loops are pretty dead.  I would say that as of this morning it was about 50% or so between the 100 and 200 loops.  Haven't had a chance to look around elsewhere.  A few checked in yesterday but it is nice and quiet.  Location can make a big difference in the wifi.  the only reason I even mention it is because we are in the same site as last time, and inside my camper, I had a very poor signal before, while now it is very strong, again at the same site.

Not sure of that.  Traffic can get in there and I saw some driving down coming from the Outpost.  I saw others coming down Big Pine Trail and then making a left up Fort Wilderness Trail for those loops at the Settlement end.  Not sure about 800 and 900 though. 

3 hours ago, rtguy007 said:

All loops are open. They were packed until yesterday morning and now it is dead everywhere. It is nice and quiet for sure.

I don't like the Fort packed but I don't like it empty, I like right in the middle.

12 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

I don't like the Fort packed but I don't like it empty, I like right in the middle.

Same here.  One of my favorite things to do is cruse around looking at campers and striking up conversations about trucks and trailers.

I feel the same way about the parks too. I need some crowds.

On 8/17/2017 at 8:23 AM, djsamuel said:

The Wifi at the Fort is VASTLY improved from when we were there in June.  The speed is excellent.  Some of that may be due to the fact that the 200 loop is only about 60% full.  However, inside the camper, the signal strength is much higher than our last trip, and we were in the same site.  The speed seems faster than even other times we've been there when the loop was not very full.

Since I'm going to be working quite a bit while we're at the Fort this fall, I'm glad to hear this!

7 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

Same here.  One of my favorite things to do is cruse around looking at campers and striking up conversations about trucks and trailers.

I feel the same way about the parks too. I need some crowds.

I couldn't agree more. One of the best parts about looping is looking at the rigs.