High airline prices for Christmas

17 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Are Frontier and Spirit as bad Allegiants?

I have heard better about Frontier than Spirit. I would order them from best of these to worst of these Frontier, Spirit, Allegiant. 

I have personally flown Spirit twice and will probably not fly again. They have very much shortened the space between seats so legroom is even less and they recently decreased the size allowed for your personal belonging. And you will pay for every little thing with them, carry on, checked, beverages, and air to breath (ok the last ones a joke) By the time you get done with what you need the price will probably be equal to Southwest or Jetblue or more. 

I regulary fly Southwest and Jetblue and have had no issues. 

I have to throw a "plug" in for SW.  I fly them regularly and have consistently been on their A-List Preferred status for the last few years.  I have never had any issues with them and welcome their no "airline BS" way of doing business...  If you know and understand how their operation works, then that is half the battle.

8 minutes ago, Duane said:

I have to throw a "plug" in for SW.  I fly them regularly and have consistently been on their A-List Preferred status for the last few years.  I have never had any issues with them and welcome their no "airline BS" way of doing business...  If you know and understand how their operation works, then that is half the battle.

My only complaint about Southwest Airlines is the inability to pick your seat. We flown Southwest dozens of times. And unless you pay extra to board the plane first  you're usually in boarding group B or C. On almost every Southwest flight I've been on there's been at least one family struggling to find seats together.    I personally have given up my seat so a mother can sit with her children.    And I've had to ask people to switch seats around so the three of us can sit together. 

Other than that I like their lower prices.