Overnight options near Marianna

We are planning our first trip to the Fort for Mardi Gras and traveling from Louisiana.  I've seen the older reviews but has anyone stayed at Dove's Rest RV Park in Marianna recently?  I'm thinking of stopping overnight there to catch a little sleep.  We will not be leaving LA until after 3pm.  

Also, are there any recommended safe, free overnight spots between Marianna and Tallahassee to think about as an alternative?

Brian

• 1 month later...

I saw a new campground we might try called Hitching Post Corral rv park. It's in that general area, but do a search to look at it. There's not a lot of options between Pensacola area and Tallahassee. We usually stop at Milton Pines Koa in Milton, Florida...but it would be nice to get a little farther down the road.

As far as free, Florida has really nice roadside parks about every fifty miles. Some have night time security, not sure if they encourage overnight parking.

You might want to call some Cracker Barrels around where you think you might stop and see if they allow overnight parking. 

As far as Florida rest areas most if not all have  "No overnight parking" signs. Most also have security if not 24hrs then at night. I'm not sure on this but think I read someplace that 3hrs is the limit for a FL rest area. But then I have seen plenty of RVs and trucks that have appeared to be there all night. 

• 3 weeks later...

We stayed at the Hitchin Post Corral and RV Park in Cottondale, Florida....same area as Marianna. It was easy on and off the freeway. The pull through sites were large and easy to manouver. The roads and sites are hard packed gravel and dirt. It is not a fancy rv resort, but it was very nice with walking trails, a small lake and a dog park. The owners are former full time rv'ers and are very nice and friendly. The park is only about 1 1/2 years old and so they continue to add on and improve. We would not hesitate to stay there again. We were in a 45' motorhome pulling a trailer.