DVC availability???

We are looking into a split stay this Christmas. 3-4 days at a DVC and then 7 nights at our timeshare.   We've rented from a third party vendor several times and will probably use him again.   The only problem is I don't know what he has available.  He doesn't check for availability until you request the resort and put up the money.   I think he gets a lot of lookie Lou's.    Or does DVC only show availability after you put up your points. I find it hard to believe  DVC makes you put up points. 

So is there a way for a non-dvc member to look for dvc availability?

thanks in advance. 

27 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

We are looking into a split stay this Christmas. 3-4 days at a DVC and then 7 nights at our timeshare.   We've rented from a third party vendor several times and will probably use him again.   The only problem is I don't know what he has available.  He doesn't check for availability until you request the resort and put up the money.   I think he gets a lot of lookie Lou's.    Or does DVC only show availability after you put up your points. I find it hard to believe  DVC makes you put up points. 

thanks in advance. 

My friend and I were looking at her DVC access and searching for points. She didnt have to put up any points to check availability. 

14 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

thanks in advance. 

I'll look it up on the website for you if you tell me the dates and the accommodations to look at.

2 hours ago, dvccamper said:

I'll look it up on the website for you if you tell me the dates and the accommodations to look at.

Thank you so much. 

Checking in December 20 for three nights. Our first choice is a studio at the poly. We'd also like to know if there's availability for the same time and room at the grand Floridian, beach club,  December 20 for three nights. We'd also like to know if there's availability for the same time and room type at the grand Floridian, beach club, and  boardwalk. And also animal Kingdom Lodge but there always seems to be availability there. 

Thank you so much.  

34 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Thank you so much. 

Checking in December 20 for three nights. Our first choice is a studio at the poly. We'd also like to know if there's availability for the same time and room at the grand Floridian, beach club,  December 20 for three nights. We'd also like to know if there's availability for the same time and room type at the grand Floridian, beach club, and  boardwalk. And also animal Kingdom Lodge but there always seems to be availability there. 

Thank you so much.  

Okay, no problem. I'm heading out the door to work at the moment, will post as soon as I can look, hopefully within a couple of hours.

1 hour ago, dvccamper said:

Wow, I just checked and it's showing no availability at any of those resorts. I opened it up to all resorts and all that was available was the first night at SSR in a preferred view. Sorry.

Thank you so much for checking. It will really help in our planning.