First time visit - have questions

First off, let me say I how happy I am that I "stumbled" across this website!  My husband and I have reservations for March (I know - spring break but that's also our anniversary so that's just how it falls).   We have a 37 ft 5th wheel so we have reserved a 40 foot site in a premium loop.  Initially we made a reservation for 6 nights.  I called today and added an initial night on the front end to come in 1 day earlier.  In order to do that we now have 2 reservations.  The CM noted that it is a "continuing" reservation.  I am hoping not to move sites after the 1st night.  Has anyone had this problem?  When I fax in our request at the "5 day" mark can I also include this in my request?  Also, since it is just the 2 of us,  we would like to be close to a canal.  Can anyone recommend the best loop/site for a canal and/or also more bordered with trees/shrubs?  I have the app so if anyone can give me suggestions, I can look at the sites and maybe put them in my request when I send in the fax.  

Welcome to Fort Fiends!!

We've had multiple consecutive reservations several times and have never been made to move.  

I'd be sure to note both reservation numbers on your request just to be safe.One year at check-in they said we might have to, and apparently the look on my face caused the CM to say "hang on a minute"... 5 minutes later we were fine. ;)

Actually I'd better practice that face again, because as of now we have 5 reservations for our fall trip - a few of which are just one night.  (eek)

Welcome!

As Mo said, I've never had an issue with having to move campsites after check-in when I've had to combine two or more reservations.  I've heard campers say that they were required to go back to the main lobby on the first day of each reservation to check-in again, but that hasn't happened to me either.  The Castmember who checks you in when you arrive should be able to take care of that.

As for your desire to have a campsite on a canal, may I ask you why?  Do you or your husband want to fish, or are you looking for a nice view and/or privacy.  Most of what is shown as canals on the campground maps are really just drainage ditches, and some are dry most of the time (for example the "canal" between the 800 and 900 loops.   Some premium sites on the 1400 loop are very close to the canal with sharp drop-offs- I don't think those sites are that great.  Why do you think you want to be on a canal?

TCD

In the past when we have played the game of having to make multiple reservations to piece together one consecutive vacation, I have always called back a couple of days later and had the agent combine all the "pieces" into one reservation. 

On 8/24/2017 at 0:39 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

I've heard campers say that they were required to go back to the main lobby on the first day of each reservation to check-in again, but that hasn't happened to me either. 

That actually has happened to us, but I can't remember how recently it was.  It may have been pre-MagicBands and everything being linked much more easily.

We'll find out in November... we have 4 reservations just to cover the 5 days of our first week!  LOL

On 8/24/2017 at 0:39 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

I've heard campers say that they were required to go back to the main lobby on the first day of each reservation to check-in again, but that hasn't happened to me either. 

Never had to move, but always had to check back in every month when we did our long term stints. 

We have had them tell us we might have to move when we have extended our reservations while already on property, but they have never actually made us move.  We did have to go back and check in again once when I extended our stay but it was already after midnight so technically it was our check out day. I did have our MB stop working for charging on one trip after we extended and our original check out day had passed. We could have had that fixed but kept us from spending more money.