I've been in touch with Jean Ann (Okie at Heart) several times during the weekend, and she and Kenny are safe.  They had 24" of rain in 4 hours last night.  She said people in her subdivision had to be rescued and many of their friends' homes flooded, but the water only got 2/3 of the way up their driveway.  I told her the Lord had a giant hand of protection over them and their house!

So far so good, tons of rain, creek behind our house went from dry to out of its banks but we're still good for now. But half of our town is supposed to go under water tomorrow due to the river flooding. I am just happy we still have power. Half of our area does not due to trees down.

18 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Just talked with Jean Ann again.  She and Kenny are still okay.  34" of rain in their yard so far.

17 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Still OK but the  water is stii rising and the last time it was going to be this high was 1913 when 2 rivers joined together. So I will know in a couple days.

Both of you... please keep us posted.  Prayers for all in the region.  Praying that this storm, ends.

38 minutes ago, LONE-STAR said:

Well things are looking better for us the creek behind our house  is going down although still over the road, and the river while still flooding part of the town won't affect us. But fuel and food is in short supply.

I bet most gas stations are under water.  

Just curious but where in the Houston area are you?

Katy?

The Woodlands?

houston proper?

10 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Were not in Houston were south heading towards Victoria. No need for MREs yet but thanks. But nothing is shipping Walmart isn't even getting trucks.

Mercy.  I hadn't even thought about that...:(  That could get (to another level of) scary for some folks, over the next few days and weeks.  

Praying...

On 8/28/2017 at 8:11 PM, h2odivers...Ray said:

Please let them know I'm thinking and praying for them.  

Was getting really worried about Jean Ann and Kenny.  I messaged her last night, and she usually replies within 10 minutes or so.  This time it was about 18 hours.   But anyway, here's her reply.  She gave me permission to post it here.

"We made it, Gwen! We made it!!! The storm is finally over. The sun is shining this morning, there is a gentle breeze, and all is well with the world. Well, sorta. People are still flooding here due to the release of water on two major reservoirs, and we still have some highways and feeder roads under water. At 2 am this morning a local weatherman said that my neighborhood had received 50 inches of rain since Friday. If that turns out to be true, I think I've been touched by a miracle! God is so good! Thanks so much for your concern throughout this ordeal. And tell Ray the Oklahoma brigade that came down to rescue the victims of home flooding made me so proud of my home state! Again, Gwen and David, your concern for me made this storm much easier to endure!"

15 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Were not in Houston were south heading towards Victoria. No need for MREs yet but thanks. But nothing is shipping Walmart isn't even getting trucks.

Jean Ann (and the rest of us) really wants to know if you are okay!  Please post when you can.

1 hour ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

I know at least one of our local churches is collecting clothing, non perishables, pet and baby supplies, I guess really anything that they can and will be delivering to churches in the effected areas. 

Our church here in NC is partnering with a Texas church.  An 18-wheeler left here this morning filled with food items.  They asked for single-serving food items, food with pop tops, bottled water, etc.