7 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

We are still okay the river has flooded most of the town, so no supply trucks can get into us right now. They are saying the river is holding steady at its current height and should start going down on Monday. 

Thanks for checking in!  Happy to hear you are okay.

19 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

Was getting really worried about Jean Ann and Kenny.  I messaged her last night, and she usually replies within 10 minutes or so.  This time it was about 18 hours.   But anyway, here's her reply.  She gave me permission to post it here.

"We made it, Gwen! We made it!!! The storm is finally over. The sun is shining this morning, there is a gentle breeze, and all is well with the world. Well, sorta. People are still flooding here due to the release of water on two major reservoirs, and we still have some highways and feeder roads under water. At 2 am this morning a local weatherman said that my neighborhood had received 50 inches of rain since Friday. If that turns out to be true, I think I've been touched by a miracle! God is so good! Thanks so much for your concern throughout this ordeal. And tell Ray the Oklahoma brigade that came down to rescue the victims of home flooding made me so proud of my home state! Again, Gwen and David, your concern for me made this storm much easier to endure!"

Praise God!  Great update!

5 hours ago, Okieatheart said:

LONE STAR, if there is anything I can do for you, please let me know.  I understand the roads are passable now out your way, and we have plenty of supplies.  If you'll let me know what you need, I'll be glad to bring those things out to you.

Thank God y'all are okay.  

Still praying for all affected. 

DW and I would like to help in anyway we can and realize the best way we can probably help is monetarily. DD's school, 0CS (Oklahoma Christian school) has suggested we all make donations to Samaritans purse. Which is a fine  Christian organization.  But I was wondering if there was a charity you see locally that is doing really good work down there we could donate to.we could donate to.

BTW I'm proud of my fellow Okies also they were on the national news the other night. 

On 8/30/2017 at 11:15 PM, LONE-STAR said:

We are still okay the river has flooded most of the town, so no supply trucks can get into us right now. They are saying the river is holding steady at its current height and should start going down on Monday. 

Glad to hear things are getting better. 

Have you  seen any charities in your area that are doing an outstanding job? That we could possibly donate to. 

41 minutes ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

Glad to hear things are getting better. 

Have you  seen any charities in your area that are doing an outstanding job? That we could possibly donate to. 

I personally think Samaritans Purse is a wonderful organization, and they would probably help Corpus Christi, Rockport, and Port Aransas, too.  If you are so inclined, the J. J. Watt Foundation is spearheading a local campaign to raise funds for the flood victims in Houston.  YouCaring.com/JJWatt  But honestly, Ray, I have found that donating to a special fund at my church has always been the way to go for me.  Thank you, thank you, thank you for your caring.  People are hurting so badly down here.

I am in Aransas Pass, TX which was hit by Harvey. Our entire area was devastated...our infrastructure is gone. We are just now getting a cell signal , sporadically, and finally power last night. We still don't have water or sewer but our first responders are working so hard to bring life back to normal. I wish everyone could see the miles and miles of electrical repair trucks, the staging areas where they meet every morning, all the volunteers, the food, water and ice donations. It makes me cry every time I see all the people who gave up their time to help us. The people who have come from all over the United States with their boats to rescue people from the devastating floods. Don't ever take the basics for granted...water, power and sewer. Please keep your prayers going for everyone affected by Harvey.

On 9/12/2017 at 8:33 AM, mamiller said:

Just some in the garage. No damage. They were fortunate. Thanks Ray.

That's good to hear.

Yes, they were lucky.  The pictures from TX are jaw dropping.

Continuing to pray for the recovery in TX.