• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a few pictures from yesterday: Entrance to the 100 and 200 loops: Newly paved road after sewer line repair: Damaged fence at Meadows Trading Post: Canal in

If anyone on here evacuates up to the northeast Alabama area you are welcome to park at my shop. We have power and a dump station available.

I finally heard from my older sister.  She made it out of Port St. Lucie and up to some family we have in NYC.  And now the great news. Friday her doctor called her and told her that she doesn't have

Posted Images

Glad to hear people got through this ok. We have a few trees down around here in Bradenton,  lost power but only for about 10 minutes . My lania screen needs to be replaced as does the blinds out there and there was a small amount of water in my father in laws garage, but both houses ok otherwise.

No news yet about the fort, but:

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/09/breaking-disney-world-announces-reopening-park-hours-following-hurricane-irma/

After being closed for two days, Walt Disney World has announced the reopening of their parks following Hurricane Irma. Hours for Tuesday, September 12th are as follows:

Magic Kingdom

• Extra Magic Hours 8AM-9AM
  • Park Hours 9AM-7PM
  • Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 7PM-12AM

Epcot

• Park Hours 9AM-9PM
  • Extra Magic Hours 9PM-11PM

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

• Park Hours 9AM-9PM

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park

• Park Hours 9AM-9PM

Disney Springs

• Hours 10AM-12AM

Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon Water Parks will remain closed until further notice.

1 hour ago, shoreline99 said:

No news yet about the fort, but:

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/09/breaking-disney-world-announces-reopening-park-hours-following-hurricane-irma/

After being closed for two days, Walt Disney World has announced the reopening of their parks following Hurricane Irma. Hours for Tuesday, September 12th are as follows:

Magic Kingdom

• Extra Magic Hours 8AM-9AM
  • Park Hours 9AM-7PM
  • Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party 7PM-12AM

Epcot

• Park Hours 9AM-9PM
  • Extra Magic Hours 9PM-11PM

Disney’s Hollywood Studios

• Park Hours 9AM-9PM

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park

• Park Hours 9AM-9PM

Disney Springs

• Hours 10AM-12AM

Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon Water Parks will remain closed until further notice.

That's good news.  Hopefully we hear some positive news, out of The Fort, soon.

We survived the storm of the century.  We left Tampa Saturday morning after finishing prepping the house.  My wife was stressing out after the turn sending it up towards Tampa, so we loaded up the truck and moved to Berverly.... Really to  my daughter's in Avalon Park on the Eastern edge of Orlando out past the airport.  We had a good time.  My other daughter and granddaughter drove over from Tampa also. Sunday night we got a lot of wind and rain, lost power about midnight (it's still out Monday at 7PM). 

We left today around 3 to head back to Tampa. Saw quite a few trees down and flooding leaving her neighborhood and heading to the Beachline.  Same along I-4. Got stuck in traffic on I-4 near 192.  Was you g to tough it out until about 25 Troopers passed us with lights and sirens on the shoulder.  We got off and came the back way home.  Saw lots of flooding, went thru a lot of flooded roads.

We got home to minor issues, limbs down, lost power for about 1/2 hour.  Street around the corner has a tree blocking it, and a house up the street has a tree down filling the entire yard, but I think it mostly missed the house.  We were extremely lucky.

Glad to hear some more good reports.

Were in SW Atlanta and doing good.  Our area has not been hit hard.  We did move our rig (typically parked out front of the house near lots of old growth trees) to an empty parking lot down the street.  Filled the fresh water tank, put down the stabilizers and left her hitched to the truck.  Now I'm just praying that someone doesn't vandalize it ?   Planning to bring it home very early tomorrow morning; the winds should calm down here around 2a.

3 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

How are fiends holding up in GA?

We've gotten lots of wind and rain. The gusts are really intense. So far we have power. It seems like everyone around us is out. We haven't lost any full trees in my yard, but some big branches are down. Some roads are closed due to trees down. We have 1 dead in my county. A tree fell on a couple's car when they were pulling into home, and the wife did not make it. We're staying inside. 

8 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

We've gotten lots of wind and rain. The gusts are really intense. So far we have power. It seems like everyone around us is out. We haven't lost any full trees in my yard, but some big branches are down. Some roads are closed due to trees down. We have 1 dead in my county. A tree fell on a couple's car when they were pulling into home, and the wife did not make it. We're staying inside. 

Glad y'all are safe and still have power. That's horrible about that couple. 

Stay safe!  We'll keep praying.

14 hours ago, BigTom said:

We made it through safely, Lost at least one barn, last oak tree in yard, it withstood Donna in 1960 and was a big tree. Some water intrusion damage, a few shingles of roof, but we are all well and safe,  have a generator going so have power and water. Wind was over 100 mph about midnight last night. Haven't been out to check grove, but know I lost most of my crop and probably some trees. Need to do a lot of clean up now.

Glad to know you are safe, but sorry that your crop was damaged.

13 hours ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

TCD and family are good. I was able to text him this morning.

Thanks for checking on us!  We've had a very long day today. Still no power for us, and Duke Energy is saying it could be a week before it's restored. AT&T was blocking service all day today, so no texting or phone service after about 9 am, which was very frustrating with family all over the affected area. 

I still maintain that the governor botched this whole thing, and the recovery is going to take much longer because resources were wasted where they were not needed. 

But, the TCD gang has weathered another hurricane. My heart goes out to those whose homes were destroyed and who got it much worse than we did. 

The good news for me is that the twins and I are heading to Disneyland on Wednesday, and it looks like MCO will be open just in time for that!

TCD 

28 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Thanks for checking on us!  We've had a very long day today. Still no power for us, and Duke Energy is saying it could be a week before it's restored. AT&T was blocking service all day today, so no texting or phone service after about 9 am, which was very frustrating with family all over the affected area. 

I still maintain that the governor botched this whole thing, and the recovery is going to take much longer because resources were wasted where they were not needed. 

But, the TCD gang has weathered another hurricane. My heart goes out to those whose homes were destroyed and who got it much worse than we did. 

The good news for me is that the twins and I are heading to Disneyland on Wednesday, and it looks like MCO will be open just in time for that!

TCD 

Where were the resources wasted, considering that the entire state, except maybe the far panhandle,  was hit?

The wind picked up pretty good here in NE AL yesterday evening. We live right in the middle of 7 acres of huge pines and hardwoods with just enough of them cut to build a house. Those pines were going in about 40' circles at the top. I have never seen them sway so bad. I just knew one was going to come down on the house, but we just have limbs down.

9 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

We have 1 dead in my county. A tree fell on a couple's car when they were pulling into home, and the wife did not make it. We're staying inside. 

Oh mercy...I had not heard that report.  That's truly horrible ?

6 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Has anyone heard from TJ & Missy, or Donnie? They are in Jacksonville with some pretty severe flooding........

I've seen posts from them on FB.  All are okay.  I think TJ and Missy are still without power.

Good to hear everyone made it through safely and with minimal problems. We've got some Florida folks that evacuated to our area and most are saying they aren't going back until the power in restored. I don't blame them.

1 hour ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

The wind picked up pretty good here in NE AL yesterday evening. We live right in the middle of 7 acres of huge pines and hardwoods with just enough of them cut to build a house. Those pines were going in about 40' circles at the top. I have never seen them sway so bad. I just knew one was going to come down on the house, but we just have limbs down.

I've always had more problems with hardwoods coming down than pines during hurricanes or high winds. Just the opposite for ice storms. The worst we had was after Fran came through. We were on 2 acres and lost 30-40 mature hardwoods. One area was a stand of nine, 40" - 48" tulip poplars that just tipped over 15 - 20 foot root balls and all.

As of 9:45

http://www.wdwmagic.com/resorts/disneys-fort-wilderness-campground/news/12sep2017-disneys-fort-wilderness-resort-and-campground-to-remain-closed-until-further-notice.htm

"

Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground is to remain closed until further notice following Hurricane Irma.

The resort closed last Saturday, and suffered considerable damage to the landscape along with uprooted trees.

Guests with existing reservations are being relocated to other accommodations within Walt Disney World Resort hotels.

Along with the continued closure of the resort, both Hoop-de-Doo Musical Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ will be unavailable.

"