Posted at 7am EST, on Disney's (Fort Wilderness) FB page:

DISNEY RESORTS

All Disney Resorts have begun normal operation, with the exception of Fort Wilderness Campground and Disney's Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas.

We anticipate that Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will reopen next week, but it remains closed at this time as we clean up the property following the storm. We encourage guests to revisit this page for the latest updates and information.

To allow Disney’s Fort Wilderness to prepare the property after Hurricane Irma, all shows at The Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ will be canceled up to and including Sunday, September 17. Any existing reservations will be automatically canceled and refunded.

For more information, review frequently asked questions regarding our hurricane policy.

For assistance with your Walt Disney World visit, please call (407) 939-5277.
7:00 AM to 11:00 PM Eastern Time. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a few pictures from yesterday: Entrance to the 100 and 200 loops: Newly paved road after sewer line repair: Damaged fence at Meadows Trading Post: Canal in

If anyone on here evacuates up to the northeast Alabama area you are welcome to park at my shop. We have power and a dump station available.

I finally heard from my older sister.  She made it out of Port St. Lucie and up to some family we have in NYC.  And now the great news. Friday her doctor called her and told her that she doesn't have

Posted Images

45 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

DISNEY RESORTS

All Disney Resorts have begun normal operation, with the exception of Fort Wilderness Campground and Disney's Saratoga Springs Treehouse Villas.

We anticipate that Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will reopen next week, but it remains closed at this time as we clean up the property following the storm. We encourage guests to revisit this page for the latest updates and information.

To allow Disney’s Fort Wilderness to prepare the property after Hurricane Irma, all shows at The Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue and Mickey’s Backyard BBQ will be canceled up to and including Sunday, September 17. Any existing reservations will be automatically canceled and refunded.

For more information, review frequently asked questions regarding our hurricane policy.

7:00 AM to 11:00 PM Eastern Time. Guests under 18 years of age must have parent or guardian permission to call.

Where's the drone guys when you need them!

They need to give us aerial views of what the Fort looks like!

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

DISNEY RESORTS

You just made my day with that post.

25 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Where's the drone guys when you need them!

They need to give us aerial views of what the Fort looks like!

Agreed!!

Just now, LONE-STAR said:

You just made my day with that post.

I was so happy when I saw it!  Fingers crossed, that they keep to this date... or even earlier!

12 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

And DISNEY just donated $2.5 mil to the relief effort as well.

Exactly!  If someone was going to make up a story like that, they should have used a much bigger number. ;)

12 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

It did give me enough of a nagging fear to do some searching where I came across the post I linked.

I admit I freaked out for a second, and the started Googling.  As soon as I found that Onion article on their page copied word for word, I felt a lot better.  :)

9 hours ago, h2odivers...Ray said:

so proud of my nephew, sgt trenton richards.  He and about 2000 Oklahoma guardsman are down on Texas helping with hurricane relief.  They are in Sinton Texas just outside of Corpus Christi.  He made the evening news.  He sent us the raw footage and I posted it on my Facebook page.  Actually I shared his mom's post as I don't know how to post videos on any social media  

Awesome!!  I've also seen that soldiers from Fort Bragg area headed to the US Virgin Islands to help out there as well.

1 hour ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

DISNEY RESORTS

Huzzah!!

35 minutes ago, mickeyfan0805 said:

The good news is that they have been pointing towards the 9/18 date for a 2 days, now, and it doesn't seem to be wavering.  Hopefully that means they will stay on schedule and get it open for those of you headed down in the coming days!

Agreed!

41 minutes ago, fotofx....Steve said:

Disney just called. Was scheduled to check in tomorrow. She said they are still working towards a Monday reopening but gave me a great deal on Wilderness Lodge.

I don't want to say publicly what they did but I am VERY happy.

Glad to hear they're taking good care of you!  :)

Fingers crossed for Monday!!!

1 hour ago, fotofx....Steve said:

Disney just called. Was scheduled to check in tomorrow. She said they are still working towards a Monday reopening but gave me a great deal on Wilderness Lodge.

I don't want to say publicly what they did but I am VERY happy.

That's wonderful to hear!!  We have a dog, so unfortunately we would be unable to take advantage of that, but it's really great to hear that they're trying to work it out with folks.  I agree with Mo, fingers crossed for Monday!!

34 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

I've also heard they may be staggering the opening as some areas/loops have more damage than others. Lots of speculation still, but from some of the photos I've seen there's a lot of flooding and trees down, as well as some infrastructure damage.

Ugh.

When we do get a Fiend in there, please set up your campsite and then loop and post LOTS of pictures.  

52 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

The travel agent site now shows HDDR and MBYBBQ opening on Tuesday. 

That's awesome.

49 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Two Jacksonville men try to steal power pole. I think they might have been a little obvious.

Courtesy YAHOO:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-florida-men-accused-stealing-113610619.html

Oh good grief...don't know if I should laugh over the stupidity, or just shake me head.

Hello everyone!

I haven't posted in a very long time due to the fact we have been traveling the USA and don't have a lot of phone Data. We were evacuated from the Fort last Thursday to the Art of Animation. We are waiting to return. We noticed that disney had the wrong phone number on our paperwork  so after many trips to the front desk here at the AOA and some very long phone waits we decided yesterday to unhook the fifth wheel and go over to the Fort, glad we did because they indeed were trying to contact us to tell us the Fort was still closed. All of our stuff is now updated and corrected.  We were able to get to the guard shack, there was a front desk cast member in the guard shack taking care of the folks that just showed up. The two campers in line in front of us were sent to the Pop. We could see just what you can see from the shack, lots of trees down, front desk looked OK and the Outpost and barn looked fine. All those campers and trailers that I have no clue why they are always there looked fine too. We asked about the damage but nobody was talking  

We decided to stay because we were afraid to be on the road with the camper, we just made the decision that our life was more important  than the trailer. Ours and 25 other campers faired fine here in what I'm calling Disney's AOA resort and campground we are in loop Cars 1. 

We have a suite so we were able to save all our food except the ice cream and that's what we had for dinner the first night. AOA has been great. So that's our story, just waiting to hear when we can return. 

Brenda

2 minutes ago, Tony said:

Fort wilderness on FB just posted some pics of the fort i'm not sure how to get over here so i figured i'd just tell everyone. Lots of debris and water laying around of course.

Thanks for sharing.

Ugh... looks like it needs a good clean up and several days of hot, dry, weather.  Wonder if they can pump any of the water out?

3 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

That's wonderful to hear!!  We have a dog, so unfortunately we would be unable to take advantage of that, but it's really great to hear that they're trying to work it out with folks.  I agree with Mo, fingers crossed for Monday!!

That's us we have a dog now for my little girl.