15 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Just hope they fall while your at the park and not in the RV. See there's  the comforting part. 

I know you're kidding but that actually happened to me at the Fort back in 2004. Came back from the Park and found a tree had crushed the front bunk on my Class C in the 1900 loop!

All I could say at that moment was "Thank You God that no one was in it!"

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a few pictures from yesterday: Entrance to the 100 and 200 loops: Newly paved road after sewer line repair: Damaged fence at Meadows Trading Post: Canal in

If anyone on here evacuates up to the northeast Alabama area you are welcome to park at my shop. We have power and a dump station available.

I finally heard from my older sister.  She made it out of Port St. Lucie and up to some family we have in NYC.  And now the great news. Friday her doctor called her and told her that she doesn't have

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

I know you're kidding but that actually happened to me at the Fort back in 2004. Came back from the Park and found a tree had crushed the front bunk on my Class C in the 1900 loop!

All I could say at that moment was "Thank You God that no one was in it!"

Holy Moly!!!  :blink:  That is SO scary!  Yes, thank you Lord!!

We are at the French Quarter, haven't had a chance to get past the Fort in the daylight yet. But from the trees I've seen down along the road, and the mess around here I can only imagine what the Fort looks like. Saw several trees leaning up against the tree house and down along the canals here. I will say it looked pretty rough here last night but this morning there was a least 50 workers wearing Buena Vista Construction Company yellow vests clean up branches, trees and debris around the resort. It the difference between night and day this afternoon.

I received an email from bank of America with information on waiving all kinds of fees,  including overdraft.  They also said to contact them to increase credit lines or to discuss payment arrangements for loans etc. They are also donating a million dollars to relief efforts and 250,000 to the red cross. 

Capital one credit card is offering 150 credit to some customers. 

Just got internet back on, got gen set running, it quit yesterday, we had to replace head gasket. Lost about 1/3 to 1/2 orange crop, but we are all safe and well. Some clean up to do, had to cut the trees so we could get barn open, but they did not hit the building . All in all everything is well and we are rebounding back to normal if they would just get the electricity on. We have all gas appliances so no problem with cooking and if I can eat ever thing else is just an irritation. 

31 minutes ago, BigTom said:

Just got internet back on, got gen set running, it quit yesterday, we had to replace head gasket. Lost about 1/3 to 1/2 orange crop, but we are all safe and well. Some clean up to do, had to cut the trees so we could get barn open, but they did not hit the building . All in all everything is well and we are rebounding back to normal if they would just get the electricity on. We have all gas appliances so no problem with cooking and if I can eat ever thing else is just an irritation. 

Thank you for the update.  Continued prayers for a strong recovery.

1 hour ago, BigTom said:

Sorry to hear you lost that much of your crop but grateful a lot was spared!  I'm praying for your strong recovery too.

So we checked in to the French Quarter on Thursday, this 5th wheel has been here since we arrived and I'd say probably longer. I saw their truck parked in front of it Thursday and Friday morning, came back from Epcot last. Night and saw this.    

UcwhmzP.jpg

Hoping they aren't planning on leaving today. 

2 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

So we checked in to the French Quarter on Thursday, this 5th wheel has been here since we arrived and I'd say probably longer. I saw their truck parked in front of it Thursday and Friday morning, came back from Epcot last. Night and saw this.    

UcwhmzP.jpg

Update, they were removing the branches when we headed out to Epcot this evening.

15 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

UcwhmzP.jpg

Nice that they let people keep their rig there.  It's not the Fort, but at least you still have your  home on wheels to live in.  

We were scheduled to check-in 9/19. Called yesterday 9/16 afternoon and were told  that camping would open on 9/20. We have flexibility, so we delayed our check-in one day. The wait time was longer than normal for the reservation number and then that agent had to transfer us to someone else who only dealt with the fort cancellation and there was a 15 minute wait there also. We will call again on the 19th to check status unless the posted message is more specific. We transferred to a hotel during last years hurricane and I would rather not do that again. With a freezer full of home smoked BBQ I would like to have an electric hookup. I don't know how long the propane would last. While we were on the phone with the first agent we made reservation for next fall. Not in hurricane season though ;-)

2 hours ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Nice that they let people keep their rig there.  It's not the Fort, but at least you still have your  home on wheels to live in.  

There are several RVs here, I don't think people are staying in them though. They are staying in rooms for the length of their trips or until the Fort opens. Some may have been evacuated out of the Fort as well or just weren't able to change their plans. I know they were/are working deals on the rooms and allowing pets if you had a Fort reservation. 

1 hour ago, RRArtie said:

We were scheduled to check-in 9/19. Called yesterday 9/16 afternoon and were told  that camping would open on 9/20. We have flexibility, so we delayed our check-in one day. The wait time was longer than normal for the reservation number and then that agent had to transfer us to someone else who only dealt with the fort cancellation and there was a 15 minute wait there also. We will call again on the 19th to check status unless the posted message is more specific. We transferred to a hotel during last years hurricane and I would rather not do that again. With a freezer full of home smoked BBQ I would like to have an electric hookup. I don't know how long the propane would last. While we were on the phone with the first agent we made reservation for next fall. Not in hurricane season though ;-)

You lucked out on the wait time, I was on hold for a total of 2 hrs and 45 mins when I called to check/change our reservation. Although that was Wednesday and the CM said they had only been running on partial power for most of the day and had just got full power back.

1 hour ago, RRArtie said:

Thank you.  Please keep us posted, on when you actually get into the Fort!

4 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

There are several RVs here, I don't think people are staying in them though. They are staying in rooms for the length of their trips or until the Fort opens. Some may have been evacuated out of the Fort as well or just weren't able to change their plans. I know they were/are working deals on the rooms and allowing pets if you had a Fort reservation. 

Gotcha.

6 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

You lucked out on the wait time, I was on hold for a total of 2 hrs and 45 mins when I called to check/change our reservation. Although that was Wednesday and the CM said they had only been running on partial power for most of the day and had just got full power back.

I was following a DIS forum on Irma and some people reported 6 hour holds earlier in the week. We waited as long as we could before our day to leave TX and then started calling. We had called Friday and had a much longer wait, but not the 2 hours you experienced. Friday we got the answer that they would open on Monday the 18th and possibly Sunday the 17th. So we left our reservations ride for the 19th. However, I was a little suspicious because Hoop-Dee-Do was not opening until the 20th. 

Does anyone remember last year and the reopening after that hurricane (October 7 or 8)? How did they handle the traffic with the whole campground refilling in one day? Seems like a big backup at the guard shack. Did they expect you to come through the main gate and then  east on Vista Boulevard? I like to skip the main gate continue going East on Buena Vista to Bonnett Creek and then north on Bonnet Creek to Vista Boulevard and  then west on Vista Boulevard. Would that mess things up?

3 hours ago, RRArtie said:

I was following a DIS forum on Irma and some people reported 6 hour holds earlier in the week. We waited as long as we could before our day to leave TX and then started calling. We had called Friday and had a much longer wait, but not the 2 hours you experienced. Friday we got the answer that they would open on Monday the 18th and possibly Sunday the 17th. So we left our reservations ride for the 19th. However, I was a little suspicious because Hoop-Dee-Do was not opening until the 20th. 

Does anyone remember last year and the reopening after that hurricane (October 7 or 8)? How did they handle the traffic with the whole campground refilling in one day? Seems like a big backup at the guard shack. Did they expect you to come through the main gate and then  east on Vista Boulevard? I like to skip the main gate continue going East on Buena Vista to Bonnett Creek and then north on Bonnet Creek to Vista Boulevard and  then west on Vista Boulevard. Would that mess things up?

We were there last year for the Hurricane it was no big deal they had us at POR. So I drove over from there. I actually got up and was there about about 30 minutes before they opened which I think was 8a.m..  I was 3rd in line but they had every lane open each lane was about 5 campers long they  started check in about 10 minutes before they opened  and by 8:10 I was on my way. It was one of the easiest check-ins ever.  I had left my trailer over at POR so I went back to pick it up plus the family, had breakfast there and did a few things. We got back to the Fort about 10 a.m. and there was no line at the check in.

7 hours ago, Littleolwoman.aka.Kristie said:

I can imagine. How bad was the damage to your farm?

We came out all right, wind was not as bad as Charlie in 2004, but lost a lot of oranges and some trees. One barn lost a roof, but only had junk in it and probably won't repair it. Houses had a little damage and lost last oak tree in front yard. No flooding, but very wet and soggy ground which Orange trees do not like. Had a friend lose 200 acres of strawberry beds and irrigation and a lot of his equipment was under water. It cost over a $1000 an acre just for bed plastic and drip tape, so he is hurting.

10 hours ago, BigTom said:

We came out all right, wind was not as bad as Charlie in 2004, but lost a lot of oranges and some trees. One barn lost a roof, but only had junk in it and probably won't repair it. Houses had a little damage and lost last oak tree in front yard. No flooding, but very wet and soggy ground which Orange trees do not like. Had a friend lose 200 acres of strawberry beds and irrigation and a lot of his equipment was under water. It cost over a $1000 an acre just for bed plastic and drip tape, so he is hurting.

Ugh...so sorry to hear that :(  Is there insurance to help cover something like that?