• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here are a few pictures from yesterday: Entrance to the 100 and 200 loops: Newly paved road after sewer line repair: Damaged fence at Meadows Trading Post: Canal in

If anyone on here evacuates up to the northeast Alabama area you are welcome to park at my shop. We have power and a dump station available.

I finally heard from my older sister.  She made it out of Port St. Lucie and up to some family we have in NYC.  And now the great news. Friday her doctor called her and told her that she doesn't have

Posted Images

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 10:42 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

We are getting far off of the Hurricane Irma topic, but this is an interesting issue to me, so one more thing.

I've shared before that Mrs. TCD is a pre-school teacher.  She teaches 4 year olds, and has done it for years. Every year, after the first few weeks of school, she does an assessment to see where the kids are.  It is a sad phenomenon that kids know less and less basic information each year.  You would think that with all the technology out there, they would have some kind of advantage.  But, the opposite is true.  Kids do not know their ABC's.  They especially do not know how to write, or even color.  They've never heard of nursery rhymes of songs like the ABC song that we probably all knew.  There are some that don't know how to hold a pencil or crayon to even try to write their names- not even the first letter.  And, she teaches at a school where the parents are affluent and have good jobs.  They just don't spend any time working with their children on basic skills.  Very sad.

TCD

I have a friend who teaches in a preschool with 1 to 4 year old kids.  Some of them start school not even knowing how to turn a page in a book.  They swipe at the book because that is what they know.  These kids learn how to be students and when they go to kindergarten are ready to learn.