New Christmas Offering at DHS

A new "event" is coming to DHS for the Christmas holidays:

Sunset Seasons Greetings - NEW!

Conceptual artwork of snow falling during Sunset Seasons Greetings at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Have a flurry of holiday fun in an enchanted winter wonderland—filled with new Disney twists and characters—on Sunset Boulevard.

A view at night of the outside of Its Wonderful Shop that includes an outdoor display with decorative snow, a snowman, holiday hats and holiday themed plush toys.

Stunning Décor and Characters Galore

Get wrapped up in the season as snow falls, Sunset Boulevard twinkles and favorite faces come to life. Taking place from November 9 through December 31, 2017, it’s Sunset Seasons Greetings—an all-new celebration you won’t want to miss!

As 2017 draws to a close, and night falls on Disney’s Hollywood Studios, an unforgettable scene starts to unfold for Guests of all ages. Billboards suddenly begin to move into motion and tell a tale, courtesy of iconic characters sharing their love for the season. All the while, the Hollywood Tower Hotel—a.k.a. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror—magically transforms, bringing to life the characters’ stories.

Disney character moments include:

• Mickey and Minnie reminiscing about a hometown Christmas as the scene shifts into a romanticized, Norman Rockwell-inspired town—starting in black and white before slowly changing into color.
  • The Toy Story characters guessing which new toys are coming this Christmas as the scene becomes covered in holiday wrapping paper.
  • The Swedish Chef from The Muppets babbling as only he can while the scene turns into giant gingerbread houses.
  • And finally, Olaf pining over his holiday wish as iconic music plays and the scene freezes over into a Frozen winter wonderland—complete with dancing Aurora Borealis lights and projected falling snow.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/sunset-seasons-greetings/

It sounds kind of Osborne Light-ish.

TCD

6 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

A new "event" is coming to DHS for the Christmas holidays:

Sunset Seasons Greetings - NEW!

Conceptual artwork of snow falling during Sunset Seasons Greetings at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

Have a flurry of holiday fun in an enchanted winter wonderland—filled with new Disney twists and characters—on Sunset Boulevard.

A view at night of the outside of Its Wonderful Shop that includes an outdoor display with decorative snow, a snowman, holiday hats and holiday themed plush toys.

Stunning Décor and Characters Galore

Get wrapped up in the season as snow falls, Sunset Boulevard twinkles and favorite faces come to life. Taking place from November 9 through December 31, 2017, it’s Sunset Seasons Greetings—an all-new celebration you won’t want to miss!

As 2017 draws to a close, and night falls on Disney’s Hollywood Studios, an unforgettable scene starts to unfold for Guests of all ages. Billboards suddenly begin to move into motion and tell a tale, courtesy of iconic characters sharing their love for the season. All the while, the Hollywood Tower Hotel—a.k.a. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror—magically transforms, bringing to life the characters’ stories.

Disney character moments include:

• Mickey and Minnie reminiscing about a hometown Christmas as the scene shifts into a romanticized, Norman Rockwell-inspired town—starting in black and white before slowly changing into color.
  • The Toy Story characters guessing which new toys are coming this Christmas as the scene becomes covered in holiday wrapping paper.
  • The Swedish Chef from The Muppets babbling as only he can while the scene turns into giant gingerbread houses.
  • And finally, Olaf pining over his holiday wish as iconic music plays and the scene freezes over into a Frozen winter wonderland—complete with dancing Aurora Borealis lights and projected falling snow.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/hollywood-studios/sunset-seasons-greetings/

It sounds kind of Osborne Light-ish.

TCD

What, no dessert party?

I'll take Osborne Light-ish... the more parks with holiday stuff the better in my book!  And hey, the more fake snow the better (before we come home to the real thing)

13 hours ago, Travisma said:

There is also something going on at EPCOT for Christmas, and guess what, it includes food kiosks!  Looks like it going to be a Holiday based Food and Wine.

Everyone that's surprised, raise your hand.

;)

Again, I'll take all the holiday stuff I can get, and I'm a fan of food kiosks so.... sounds good to me!

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I'll take Osborne Light-ish... the more parks with holiday stuff the better in my book!  And hey, the more fake snow the better (before we come home to the real thing)

Everyone that's surprised, raise your hand.

;)

Again, I'll take all the holiday stuff I can get, and I'm a fan of food kiosks so.... sounds good to me!

As long as I know it's coming and I can cover my camera I like it also.

16 hours ago, Travisma said:

There is also something going on at EPCOT for Christmas, and guess what, it includes food kiosks!  Looks like it going to be a Holiday based Food and Wine.

Sounds good, we have a cabin booked at the fort for thanks giving, but weren't going to do the parks. Now decided to do one day at Epcot and check this out.

On 9/7/2017 at 1:39 PM, Travisma said:

What, no dessert party?

On 9/7/2017 at 2:53 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

LOL.

You know that one is coming!

With a preferred viewing area.

TCD

Here's a dessert party you can go at DHS

Indulge in a jolly spread of specialty sweets and sips before settling in to watch a Santa-sized spectacular from a reserved viewing area.  

Search Times

A Mickey Mouse Christmas ornament

Celebrate a Tinsel-Town Holiday

Experience dazzling new heights of festive joy at this yummy, yuletide celebration. Read More

Event Admission

Get the scoop on dates, ticket prices and making reservations for this holiday dessert party. 

Dates 
November 9, 2017 through December 31, 2017

Pricing

• November 9 to December 15, 2017: $79 per adult; $45 per child ages 3 to 9 (tax and gratuity included)
  • December 17 to December 31, 2017: $89 per adult; $49 per child ages 3 to 9 (tax and gratuity included)

A separate ticket for admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required and is not included in the dessert party price.

On 9/7/2017 at 8:35 PM, Travisma said:

Yep - apparently it was popular enough last year that they're bringing it back.  Some info from DFB with links to what it looked like last year.

In 2016, however, the addition of Holiday Kitchens changed the landscape of the event. While Holidays Around the World had always featured snacks representing traditional holiday foods from around the globe, the new Holiday Kitchens brought entire food booths and — much like the Marketplace Booths for the Epcot Food and Wine Festival — they offered their own complete menus. So, for 2017 — with the promise that the Holiday Kitchens will return — Disney has rebranded the event as the new Epcot International Festival of the Holidays!

American Holiday Table

American Holiday Table Holiday Kitchen

In fact, the Holiday Kitchens will be bigger and better than last year! According to wdwmagic.com, the count for Holidays Kitchens will be fifteen (as opposed to last year’s seven!). So far, Disney has confirmed the return of the following: American Holiday Table, Feast of the Three Kings, Holiday Sweets and Treats, and Mexico.

Feast of the Three Kings Booth area

Feast of the Three Kings Booth area

And remember, unlike any other Epcot Festivals (which also include the Festival of the Arts and the Flower and Garden Festival), many of the Holiday Kitchens featured full-sized entrees in addition to small plates! Case in point: the Slow-Roasted Turkey from American Holiday Table:

Slow-Roasted Turkey from American Holiday Table

Slow-Roasted Turkey from American Holiday Table

As you’re getting ready to plan your Epcot Holiday Eats, be sure to check out all the offerings from last year — along with our review of the event — to get an idea of what the Holiday Kitchens may have to offer for 2017!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/09/07/news-epcot-international-festival-of-the-holidays-with-food-booths-starts-november-19th/

The food booths will continue.  In preparation for Food and Wine this year, Disney built two very large permanent production kitchens; one behind Germany and the other behind Norway.  These replace the trailers that were brought in for each event featuring food.

1 hour ago, djsamuel said:

The food booths will continue.  In preparation for Food and Wine this year, Disney built two very large permanent production kitchens; one behind Germany and the other behind Norway.  These replace the trailers that were brought in for each event featuring food.

Makes sense now that the food booths are up and running nearly year round.

They should take one of the numerous empty EPCOT buildings and turn it into a giant International Food Court! 

They could rotate the menus based on what the themes are, Art Show, Garden, Food and Wine, Christmas (yes I said the C word).

Imagine how much more food and drink they could sell if people only had a little ways to walk to each booth, it was nice and cool, they had places to sit and relax and stuff their faces in comfort without trying to eat and balance their food and drink while sweating up a storm !

• 2 months later...

The new Hollywood Studios stuff has been running for a couple of weeks now, and it looks like they have a hit on their hands:

There's A New Holiday Party at Disney World You Need to Know About

Disney's Hollywood Studios holiday party
Copyright: The Walt Disney Company

With Disney's Hollywood Studios in the middle of a rather epic transition, Flurry of Fun has it once again feeling like the place to be.

David Landsel
December 06, 2017

Anyone who has ever experienced Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom park can attest to that ticketed event's rather overwhelming size and scope; even the most eager attendee risks making themselves rather unmerry, trying to get to everything that's on offer—the shows, the two parades, not to mention navigating all the lines and waits for the snacks that come included with admission.

Want to get into the festive spirit, but also very much okay not turning it into a whole thing? That's easy—over at Disney's Hollywood Studios, now undergoing a multi-year transition (Star Wars is coming!), there's a much easier, much more relaxed Christmas party going on, and you don't need a special ticket to get in, either.

You can read the rest of the article here: http://www.foodandwine.com/holidays-events/disney-world-holiday-party

I still miss the Osborne Lights, but all of the holiday stuff at DHS makes for a fun evening visit.

TCD