RIP Jingle Cruise?

Getting back to the original reason for this thread, the Oh My Disney website, which is owned and operated by Disney, posted an article yesterday titled "Everything Happening at Walt Disney World During the Holidays."

https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2017/09/15/everything-happening-at-walt-disney-world-during-the-holidays/

Conspicuously absent from the list of holiday offerings at the Magic Kingdom is the Jingle Cruise.

Remember, you heard it here first.

RIP

TCD

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just heard through the coconut telegraph that Jungle Cruise reopened last night. So, the rumors about substantial hurricane damage were not true. But, I still haven't seen an official anno

The TCD Gang is back from a quick trip to Disneyland. While there, Twin #1 caught up with some of her old Skipper friends. Word on the street there is that the Jingle Cruise overlay for the

It's a shame, but it seems like members of this board are not as interested in trip reports as they used to be. Which is fine.  Things change. I am not sure at this point if I'll ever bother writing a

Such a bummer. Well, three bummers.

One, first and foremost, is the damage to the Jungle Cruise. We will be making a quick trip down and back next week and I'll try to poke around a bit to see if i can get any info on the closure! Not that I know anyone, but it never hurts to ask around.

Second, that's sad to hear about the Jingle Cruise! I know the overlay was pretty thin, but it certainly added to the holiday spirit and festivities of the park. Main Street aside, it seems like MK is the least decorated of the WDW parks - we don't get any of the overlays that DL gets for Halloween or Christmas - so that was a fun way to celebrate.

Third, I totally get it about the trip reports but I'm sad to hear you say that you're done with them. It's always been fun to follow the TCD gang and their adventures (and amazing luck) in the parks and to hear your stories. But, the kids are grown up now and I'm sure your focus has shifted elsewhere. I've only done a couple of trip reports and I can empathize a little with not only the work that goes in to the narrative, but also the thought and planning of photos that you have to do for a good report. The TCD reports have always been the benchmark!

I am also very sorry to hear that you may not do any more Trip Reports, TCD and Gwen.

The Trip reports are what brought me here to Fort Fiends. (Since I do not camp and have not been to the Fort.) I love seeing your photos and reading about your adventures. Gwen you are a great photographer and I really enjoy your photos and also understand the hard work that goes into them. I will miss seeing them.  I have read most of the Trip reports here and appreciate all who have done them and their work in writing them. I have tried to comment and let the author know that I do appreciate their work. There are several reports I have read more than once.  

I hope you reconsider doing the Reports,  TCD and Gwen,  you both always find the neatest things in your adventures. I appreciated them very much.

Very glad to hear you had a good time while there!

On 9/19/2017 at 9:48 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Everyone has fallen off on the trip reports. I understand, it is a pain, especially now that a decent image host is much harder to find.

We just recently came back from Labor Day, and took lots more pictures, and did lots of things that are not on our normal list. We took our nephew and did lots of 11 YO boy stuff. I was full well planning on a trip report, and I may still, but finding a photo host has me stumped at the moment.

I do hope you are able to share your adventures with us.  I have always enjoyed your photos and adventures at WDW and to other places in your camper. Thank you.

When it comes to TRs, count me among the group that's very sad to see them decrease in numbers, but fully understands why.  I also very much appreciate all the effort that goes into writing TRs. I've attempted a few over the years - and maybe finished a couple LOL. Mine aren't anywhere near as thorough and well written as most of those here, but I do understand what it takes to put one together.

I'm also in the group that reads when I can, but doesn't comment much because by the time I'm caught up, it's all pretty much been asked/answered. And I know I'm not alone in the TR lurking department. A few forum updates ago you used to be able to scan the forum threads and see how many views everything got and TRs were always amongst the most viewed threads on the entire board.  And I know that lots of people have found Fort Fiends because of the volume and qualtity of TRs here.

So a big THANK YOU to TCD and Gwen and *ALL* of you that have spent so much time and energy giving us all this great content over the years, and to all of you that continue to do so.  Even if the comments have dropped off, please know that our appreciation hasn't.

1 hour ago, shoreline99 said:

FWIW I use Flickr, with no problems once you figure out the bbcode.

Between their interface getting better and the forum software updates we've had here, it's pretty much down to a "right click" copy/paste for me now.  (again Mac.... YMMV)

I just heard through the coconut telegraph that Jungle Cruise reopened last night.

So, the rumors about substantial hurricane damage were not true.

But, I still haven't seen an official announcement about Jingle Cruise one way or the other for this year.

I still believe the rumor that there will be no Jingle Cruise this year.

TCD

15 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I just heard through the coconut telegraph that Jungle Cruise reopened last night.

But, I still haven't seen an official announcement about Jingle Cruise one way or the other for this year.

TCD

Good news!!!

oh and love the "coconut telegraph"  :)

On 9/19/2017 at 4:13 PM, alexwyattmommy said:

I read them, but don't comment because someone has already said what I would said and I feel pretty stupid looking like a copy cat. 

That being said, you should definitely put you and your family first for your vacations. 

I do apologize for not showing my appreciation for your time and insights.  And everyone else who has written a trip report, I also apologize to.

Same here, I rarely get the chance to read the TR's as they are happening and usually someone has already asked the question I would have or too much time has passed since it was written.

I do make liberal use of the "Up Arrows" for whatever that is worth, although they don't seem to be used as much as they used to be.

And I also apologize for not showing more appreciation, esp to TCD for his reports, which have turned me into a "Junior Yuri" on my last couple of trips, skulking around what's left of River Country, the old Nature Trail, and any fencing I can try and look through..... :ph34r::lol:

I do wish it was easier to post pictures here. Photobucket was always a pain, I am trying IMGUR but it doesn't look any easier. It would be nice to post pics directly here like FB does, but I get why it's not possible with the current servers. 

On 9/19/2017 at 2:05 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

That's a no on this trip.

In between what a PITA Photobucket has become and the lack of interest and responses to the last trip report I posted, I decided to not bother with taking as many photos as I typically do on trips.  I ended up enjoying the trip a lot more, and, honestly, I'm glad that I don't have a report to write now.

TCD

Andrew,

i totally agree with you. I think Photobucket kinda killed the trip report topic. I'm glad you finally enjoyed a trip without worrying about taking a million pics. Until you do a trip report, you don't know how much work it really is. I took over 300 pics on our trip to Gatlinburg back in July and was planning on doing a TR until the Photobucket ruined it. I also think this site is changing. A lot of the old timers have given up posting, the rumor of a fight between certain members scared some off and basically times change. I love the fort even though we don't have an RV.  I was really hoping to see pics of the fort after Irma but thanks again Photobucket.  Enjoy your trips and don't worry about sharing your trips. You deserve a break. Hopefully we will run into each other in the future

On 9/21/2017 at 4:00 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

TCD

Road Jungle Cruise today.  The ride overall looks good.  Just prior to the backside of water, the area looks noticeably different.  You can see where several very large trees were cut down, only the stumps remain.  That one area looks to have received pretty heavy tree damage, and it must have taken quite a while to clean up.  Other than that, looks good.

13 hours ago, djsamuel said:

Road Jungle Cruise today.  The ride overall looks good.  Just prior to the backside of water, the area looks noticeably different.  You can see where several very large trees were cut down, only the stumps remain.  That one area looks to have received pretty heavy tree damage, and it must have taken quite a while to clean up.  Other than that, looks good.

Thanks for the update! 

Glad to hear that Jungle Cruise was able to open back up.  

Sad to hear TCD's TRs may be ending.

My Fiend checking time is sporadic. Like many people I may be absent for a while, then binge the forums for a few hours.      

That's life.   Just glad its here for us when we're able to get our fix!

Just now, Tri-Circle-D said:

The regular Disney blogs are just now reporting about the no Jingle Cruise rumor.

I beat them by a week and a half!:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/rumor-jingle-cruise-not-returning-for-2017.934197/

Still nothing official from Disney, though.

TCD

You Da Man! 

And just for that you get..... :bananas:

The Mice Chat website posted an article purporting to confirm the RIP Jingle Cruise rumor yesterday:

http://micechat.com/171831-david-koenig-disneyland-torpedoes-jingle-cruise/

According to the author, he knew about his a while ago, but because of his journalistic integrity, he waited to post it until he could "confirm" the rumor.

Yeah right, buddy.

You done got scooped by the Fiends.

And despite what this respected journalist says, Disney has not officially confirmed that Jingle Cruise will not be back.  They haven't published anything one way or the other. Yet.

TCD

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 1:05 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

That's a no on this trip.

In between what a PITA Photobucket has become and the lack of interest and responses to the last trip report I posted, I decided to not bother with taking as many photos as I typically do on trips.  I ended up enjoying the trip a lot more, and, honestly, I'm glad that I don't have a report to write now.

TCD

I hear ya. I stopped some time ago for various reasons..., its like herding cats with 3 kids at Disney and trying to take good pics, I wanted to enjoy our trips more without planning photo ops, I simply don't have the time to write them, and the lack of response lastly.

With that said I enjoy a TCD report so much I will be willing to subsidize them...maybe ;)

Good news!!

UPDATE: Disney Confirms Jingle Cruise for Walt Disney World, Still Unknown for Disneyland 2017

October 3, 2017

A few days ago, we told you that it was being rumored that the Jingle Cruise seasonal overly of the Jungle Cruise would not return to either coast this year. Well, we now know it will at least be at one resort.

AB2D39F0-0D02-45B2-9379-C555A6CE0D70.jpe

Disney has informed us that the Jingle Cruise WILL return to the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World for the 2017 holiday season. However, it remains unknown if it will return to Disneyland Park, but it at least sounds like, as of right now, that it will not be in Anaheim this year.

Despite not being promoted with all of the other seasonal offerings for this year, Magic Kingdom will add the holiday delight from November 2017 through January 2018. For whatever reason, California is looking to cut the offering, at least for this year. This is somewhat surprising as the Disneyland Resort relies on a mostly local audience who return every season for such overlays, as opposed to Walt Disney World where many guests are either first-timers or only return every few years.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/10/update-disney-confirms-jingle-cruise-walt-disney-world-still-unknown-disneyland-2017/

14 minutes ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Maybe.

This is just one blogger telling us that Jingle Cruise will be back at WDW for 2017.

He doesn't quote or provide a link to any official source.

This guy has been wrong about a lot of things before.

TCD

I have heard reports from guests who have resort reservations and can go 60 days out that the MDE site is showing FP availability for Jingle (with an "i") cruise in the second week of November, and beyond.  I don't currently have a resort reservation in that time frame, so I can only see 30 days out.  For the 3 days in November that I can see, Jungle (with a "u") is still listed, but the photo of the attraction on MDE shows the Jingle (with an "i") Cruise sign. 

If there's anyone reading along with a resort reservation that allows them to look at FP's in later November, does MDE show Jungle or Jingle?

TCD

10 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I have heard reports from guests who have resort reservations and can go 60 days out that the MDE site is showing FP availability for Jingle (with an "i") cruise in the second week of November, and beyond.  I don't currently have a resort reservation in that time frame, so I can only see 30 days out.  For the 3 days in November that I can see, Jungle (with a "u") is still listed, but the photo of the attraction on MDE shows the Jingle (with an "i") Cruise sign. 

If there's anyone reading along with a resort reservation that allows them to look at FP's in later November, does MDE show Jungle or Jingle?

TCD

Just tried the 2nd, 3rd and 4th weeks of Nov and I'm only seeing Jungle Cruise, not Jingle.