They Call it Labor Day for a Reason.....

19 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Gwen- there's an article about the Mission Space updates on the Disney Parks Blog: https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/07/mission-space-relaunches-aug-13-with-brand-new-experiences/

Here's what it says about the new Green mission:

Or, embark on the more family-friendly Green Mission – a new mission that takes you on an exciting orbit around Earth. On this amazing new adventure, you’ll take in sites like the Hawaiian Islands, Italy’s “boot” and the Northern Lights—as seen from space, of course—before finally landing at Kennedy Space Center in Florida. No matter which mission you choose, it’ll be a journey that’s totally out of this world.

TCD

Thanks for the info!  I'll try to talk David into trying it again.

Okay... late in joining.  You've got some great pictures!  What a special trip; I'm sure it's one that your nephew will always remember.

Six Flags Georgia... just minutes from our house (although, we never go...haha).

Why does the sight of Mickey waffles, always make me happy? ^_^

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry folks for leaving this so long, but life....

Saturday, September 1st:

Today was Magic Kingdom Day. I was really looking forward to the new fireworks.

Here are a few random pictures from our day.

QdeCqRp.jpg

SpXAUrq.jpg

a6Hgewc.jpg

QadD6na.jpg

qahC0oW.jpg

mNVYpxr.jpg

upT5GGk.jpg

O3IABkL.jpg

cor00Dq.jpg

0uZUfP3.jpg

a1NfUb0.jpg

g7fOzYR.jpg

dA0DRrf.jpg

EuXD3VS.jpg

wMGvDym.jpg

J9CZnyG.jpg

As you can see, not a whole lot to the day, and us on a bus back to the resort in the middle of the day and me with a scowl on my face.

It was hot that day, Mikey was wearing a BLACK nylon shirt, and is not used to walking all that much. Rick's scooter that we own was having some mechanical issues which led to some frustration, so we were all throwing temper tantrums of some sort or another, so we left, went back to the resort and took a rest. We did go back out a bit later and went to the Fort for dinner at Trails End, but did not stay for the fireworks. We went back to the resort. Mikey wanted to watch the Alabama football game. Rick was happy to oblige, and I took the glitchy scooter back to the truck and loaded it up so as not to fool with it the rest of the trip.

If I remember correctly though we did manage Seven Dwarves Mine Train with a FP+, we went on Haunted Mansion, Carousel of Progress, and Big Thunder Mountain Railroad.

Fortunately, we were all in bed and snoozing well before 10pm which really helped in getting us to really, real rope drop the next morning at Animal Kingdom.

More to come soon!

On 9/22/2017 at 2:25 PM, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Why does the sight of Mickey waffles, always make me happy? ^_^

Me too!! Wishing I was there to have them.:rolleyes:

Enjoying your report Carol !

The hitch hiking ghost picture is awesome! Christmas card worthy.