27 minutes ago, mickeyfan0805 said:

With all of the gator-safety concerns, I'm wondering if there is anywhere at the Fort where the kids do any beach play. Trying to figure out whether or not I should pack our sand toys.  

The beach is still open, there is a fence, and some stone work near the waters edge so you cant get into the water but there are still beach chairs, and plenty of sand to play in.

Absolutely bring sand toys.

I've seen kids playing in the sand around the tetherball poles that you'll find scattered around the loops.

My kids used to like to dig in the coquina sand at our site- there are small shells and rocks mixed in there.

Plus buckets are great to collect things like pine cones and bird feathers and stuff.

While you're at it, pack some sidewalk chalk and bubbles- those were also big hits with my kids when they were little.

TCD

What they said!  :)

Even with the new fencing there's still lots of sand to play in. And lots of other stuff for kids to do.

My brother's family is coming down to stay with us over Thanksgiving.  My 8yo nephew has been looking at Fort maps and activity schedules and videos and is losing his mind with excitement.  He has a long list of things he wants to do on this trip - they're all at the Fort!  In fact, his mom is a TA and they've stayed concierge level at a few deluxe resorts (this kid also like to order room service), and when he found out he could camp at the Fort he asked her why they've been staying in hotels.  LOL!!

1 hour ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

What they said!  :)

Even with the new fencing there's still lots of sand to play in. And lots of other stuff for kids to do.

My brother's family is coming down to stay with us over Thanksgiving.  My 8yo nephew has been looking at Fort maps and activity schedules and videos and is losing his mind with excitement.  He has a long list of things he wants to do on this trip - they're all at the Fort!  In fact, his mom is a TA and they've stayed concierge level at a few deluxe resorts (this kid also like to order room service), and when he found out he could camp at the Fort he asked her why they've been staying in hotels.  LOL!!

You nephew is awesome!

TCD

57 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

You nephew is awesome!

TCD

I know I'm totally biased but I agree 100%! 

His parents booked a nice dinner at Citricos one night and were going to bring him to the kids club at the Poly. He LOVED it there last fall and wanted to go back, but this time around he asked if it was an option to hang out with us at the Fort instead - of course it is!

Also high on his list is "riding around a lot in the golf cart with Uncle B". 

Oh we are going to have sooooo much fun with him!!  :P

5 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I know I'm totally biased but I agree 100%! 

His parents booked a nice dinner at Citricos one night and were going to bring him to the kids club at the Poly. He LOVED it there last fall and wanted to go back, but this time around he asked if it was an option to hang out with us at the Fort instead - of course it is!

Also high on his list is "riding around a lot in the golf cart with Uncle B". 

Oh we are going to have sooooo much fun with him!!  :P

You are just a kid in grownup clothing :bananas:  you and the boy WILL have a blast!