Hitchhiking Ghosts Tiki Mug Making a Comeback!

Disney has announced that there will be a 2nd edition of these coming back to Trader Sam's sometime soon!!

They haven't announced a date yet, but if it's anything like last time, I expect they won't last long.

We don't arrive until Nov 1st, so I'm guessing I'm going to miss out on them (again), but I will happily pay for the drink of any Fiend that can snag me one of these.  :P

Hitchhiking Ghosts Tiki Mug

Let’s start with the Hitchhiking Ghosts Tiki Mug… you may recall this uber-popular-causing-lines-for-DAYYZZZ collectiblefrom Halloween 2016. It was available (in a different color for each coast) at Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar in Disneyland, and Trader Sam’s Grog Grotto in Disney World.

2016 Hitchhiking Ghosts Tiki Mug

2016 Hitchhiking Ghosts Tiki Mug

And the ghosts will be materializing again! Disney has confirmed that a 2nd edition is on the way once more to the Trader Sam’s locations on both the west and east coast!

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2017/09/20/oogie-boogie-popcorn-bucket-new-hitchhiking-ghosts-tiki-mugs-and-more-lines-to-get-in-this-halloween-season-at-disney-parks/

46 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

... if you find out when they are going to start selling them post it on here. If I can I may have to run up and get myself one and can pick up some others and oh darn I'll have take another drive to the Fort to deliver it to you, what a shame. Haha

Oh you bet I'll be keeping and ear/eye out for these.  

And yeah... it would be tragic if I bought you a drink and you had to make an "extra" trip to the Fort to drop off a cup.  Heck if you do that, I can pretty much guarantee more drinks upon delivery.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, Tony said:

I wonder if there's a limit on how many one person can purchase? Not like i'd go in there and horde as many as i could but just curious.

Per the Instagram post from last year, the limit was supposed to be one per person.  But, I think that was treated more like a guideline- especially if the customer offered a "tip."

Unfortunately, a lot of cool WDW merchandise is snapped up by professional  Ebay resellers.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tony said:

Well as of yesterday afternoon, still no tiki mugs at trader sam's maybe I'll back out there Monday afternoon and poke around again. When asking CM's at the bars they haven't heard of a release date.

Thanks for the update!  I wonder if they're waiting until closer to Halloween this year?  

FWIW I haven't seen/heard that Disneyland has theirs yet either.

I did some checking around on other fan sites to see if there has been any mention of any availability of this year's special edition mug.

I didn't realize that Disney officially announced that there would be a 2nd special edition mug sold this year on the Disney Parks Blog announcing all of the Halloween merchandise:https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2017/09/your-quintessential-list-of-halloween-culinary-collectibles-at-walt-disney-world-resort-and-disneyland-resort/

There are multiple comments to that blog post from guests asking where the heck the mugs are, and no straight answer from Disney.

Something is obviously wrong.

TCD

Great minds - I was just coming here to post the same thing.  

The 2017 version of the Hitchhiking Ghost mug created last year for Trader Sam’s was released today at Walt Disney World. It has red accents instead of blue.

36968403904_5b3c6ac134_b.jpg

37629572996_056d260cf6_b.jpg

The bottom does not say second edition like other updated mugs from Trader Sam’s.

37645708792_fbfbcf7f85_b.jpg

The mug is available in limited quantities daily, so arrive a good amount of time before Sam’s opens at 4pm if you really want one (you’ll be given a wristband to indicate that you can buy one provided you were there in line early enough). It retails for $30, only available with a drink, the Fogcutter or any non-alcoholic beverage.

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2017/10/photos-2017-haunted-mansion-hitchhiking-ghost-mug-released-trader-sams/

• 2 weeks later...