3 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Good question.

It used to be allowed.

But, all reports lately is that the fitness center is for Lodge guests only.

There is an attendant on duty for part of each day. The rest of the time, it's MagicBand access.  And Fort MagicBands don't work there.

I don't think it will fly.

TCD

Thanks for the feedback.

I totally get that resort amenities might be reserved for just those guests (like many wish was better managed at FW), I was just hoping there might be an exception since no such amenities exist at FW.  

For some reason I am reminded of an incident that happened to me in college.  It was a Friday night and I called the gym on campus to see what their hours were.  The reply was "Its Friday night, man.  You're supposed to go out, not work out."

I think it's unfortunate that Fort guests can't use the gym at WL any more.  It was always nice for the folks who stayed for a month or so in the winter to go and use the equipment.  We had a gentleman near us one year who was using the gym for his rehabilitation from surgery and he said at the time if he hadn't known he could do that he wouldn't have been able to come down that year. 

I guess it's just another sign that campers don't count for much in the overall Disney scheme of things.  It's too bad, but not surprising.

I wonder if it got to be to many people using it between the 2 resorts or even to many from just Wilderness Lodge that they didn't want any extra people that might come over from the Fort jamming up the gym. It is unfortunate for people who like to work out or need to for health/rehabilitation reasons, but it is an amenity of Wilderness Lodge and I can understand them wanting to make sure their guests can have the best access to it. The Fort could put in their own gym, will they doubtful because people are paying to stay there now without it so why would they spend the money. I would think if there was a medical or rehabilitation need something could be set up to use a gym on property be that Wilderness Lodge or the Contemporary, Disney is pretty accommodating. 

12 minutes ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

It is unfortunate for people who like to work out or need to for health/rehabilitation reasons, but it is an amenity of Wilderness Lodge and I can understand them wanting to make sure their guests can have the best access to it.

I agree.  While I would personally love to have access to the gym, it is not an amenity of FW and I feel no sense of entitlement to it. They have every right to limit it to those guests.  I don't see it as an undervaluing of FW guests, simply an amenity that is not included.  Oh well!