How Many Milkshakes Can You Drink?

Calling all milkshake fans!  Skip a few meals, grab $9 and head over to to The Plaza Restaurant ...

Bottomless Milkshakes are Now Available in the Magic Kingdom

on: In: 

The Plaza

Yes, you read that correct! Guests at the Magic Kingdom can now cool down in the Flordia sun with “All-you-care-to-enjoy” milkshakes at The Plaza Restaurant. By the looks of the sign posted, it also appears that the milkshake flavors will rotate. Most likely, from month to month.

The featured milkshake of the month is vanilla ice cream mixed with hazelnut spread (Nutella) and topped with whipped cream. Of course, a cherry to top it off!

The Plaza

The milkshake is only $9.00 plus tax which is a great deal considering it’s definitely a gift to yourself that keeps on giving!

http://www.chipandco.com/bottomless-milkshakes-now-available-magic-kingdom-284229/

10 minutes ago, Seals said:

I'm thinking they would totally lose $ on my three teenage boys.  

I'm sure.

I have to question the wisdom of making an offer like this.  Folks who only want one milkshake to go with a meal aren't going to go for the bottomless one.  Folks who want to take advantage will.  And what does that do for table turnover in the restaurant?

TCD

12 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I'm sure.

I have to question the wisdom of making an offer like this.  Folks who only want one milkshake to go with a meal aren't going to go for the bottomless one.  Folks who want to take advantage will.  And what does that do for table turnover in the restaurant?

TCD

Possible people will order the bottomless one at $9 and only be able to get through 1-2 tops because they're so darned filling. Still *sounds* like a great deal, but $$ wise -as TCD says - Disney wins.  ;) 

1 hour ago, Seals said:

I'm thinking they would totally lose $ on my three teenage boys.  

Haha, I bet!   I remember growing up, the only places we went out to eat, were buffets.  My parents would keep sending the boys back and telling them to fill up the other leg.  Of course, they'd still be hungry an hour later :lol:

2 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Calling all milkshake fans!  Skip a few meals, grab $9 and head over to to The Plaza Restaurant ...

http://www.chipandco.com/bottomless-milkshakes-now-available-magic-kingdom-284229/

This month's flavor doesn't do it for me, but man... the peppermint shakes Chick-fil-A brings out at Christmas?  I have a hard time not ordering more than one of those :P

6 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

Haha, I bet!   I remember growing up, the only places we went out to eat, were buffets.  My parents would keep sending the boys back and telling them to fill up the other leg.  Of course, they'd still be hungry an hour later :lol:

I remember going to Ponderosa when my brother was about 10.  He was super tall and thin with knobby knees... and could eat 4 grown men under the table.  He kept going up for plate after plate and we overheard the 2 older ladies sitting near us whispering "he's going up again!"  

59 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

My 18 year old (who's a runner) was sitting at the table eating chicken, rice and some other things so I thought he was having dinner.  Next thing I know he's changed his clothes and said he's going to Olive Garden with some friends. The chicken, etc. was just the warm up!

59 minutes ago, twiceblessed....nacole said:

This month's flavor doesn't do it for me, but man... the peppermint shakes Chick-fil-A brings out at Christmas?  I have a hard time not ordering more than one of those :P

Oh me too.  It's probably best for me that they only have them in December.  I like the peach ones in the summer too but the peppermint is soooo good!.  My kids love Cook Out shakes but to me those are too thick.

1 hour ago, Seals said:

My 18 year old (who's a runner) was sitting at the table eating chicken, rice and some other things so I thought he was having dinner.  Next thing I know he's changed his clothes and said he's going to Olive Garden with some friends. The chicken, etc. was just the warm up!

Oh me too.  It's probably best for me that they only have them in December.  I like the peach ones in the summer too but the peppermint is soooo good!.  My kids love Cook Out shakes but to me those are too thick.

Cook Out shakes are great.

Only problem is we were only in NC for a few days and there were too many good sounding ones to choose from!!

2 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I remember going to Ponderosa when my brother was about 10.  He was super tall and thin with knobby knees... and could eat 4 grown men under the table.  He kept going up for plate after plate and we overheard the 2 older ladies sitting near us whispering "he's going up again!"  

Oh my gosh...that's too funny!!

1 hour ago, Seals said:

Ha!  He was just saving money on the restaurant bill!

Yes!  I'm always bummed when they stop serving the shakes...but also a little happy as it stops me from ordering them :lol:

LOL ... try feeding these guys:

JoElfKt.jpg

Left -- Caden, 11 years old, not sure of his height but I'm 5'6" and he's nearly as tall as me.  Serious athlete (currently being recruited by Adidas, wants to be better than Gabe), and he eats nonstop.   

Center -- Gabe, 18, 6'9", serious athlete (recently signed with a D1 school, full ride plus an additional food allowance and stipend), he's finished his meal before I take my first bite and he's hungry again an hour later.

Right -- Ethan, 16, 6'4",  semi athlete (enjoys, but doesn't want to follow in Gabe's footsteps), takes his time to savor every bite but still is always hungry.

I feel sorry for their mother.  She has to cook for an army every day.  Their weekly grocery bill is unreal.

The Plaza Restaurant better close their doors before these guys enter.  

8 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

What's the price of just a regular milkshake. 9 doesn't sound bad for Disney prices, especially bottomless. I love milkshake unfortunately they don't love me ?.  It may be just me but I don't get the Nutella constantly being pushed down our throats. 

Beaches and cream sell their shakes for $6.50. 

9 hours ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I'm sure.

TCD

If you want a milk shake and your only choice is a bottomless one. You'll buy it. 

50's prime time changes $7.00 so $9.00 for a bottomless shake doesn't sound bad.  For Disney  

BTW. Hasn't Whispering canyon had bottomless shakes for a while now?    I haven't been there in a while  so I don't know if they still have them  

16 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

We finally got a Chick-fil-A here not too long ago.  I need to remember this.  :)

Umm...yes!!  Then again, you've been warned, they are addicting ^_^

12 hours ago, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

JoElfKt.jpg

Left -- Caden, 11 years old, not sure of his height but I'm 5'6" and he's nearly as tall as me.  Serious athlete (currently being recruited by Adidas, wants to be better than Gabe), and he eats nonstop.   

Center -- Gabe, 18, 6'9", serious athlete (recently signed with a D1 school, full ride plus an additional food allowance and stipend), he's finished his meal before I take my first bite and he's hungry again an hour later.

Right -- Ethan, 16, 6'4",  semi athlete (enjoys, but doesn't want to follow in Gabe's footsteps), takes his time to savor every bite but still is always hungry.

I feel sorry for their mother.  She has to cook for an army every day.  Their weekly grocery bill is unreal.

Haha... buffets, only buffets :lol:

I raised two bottomless pits also. Yes, buffets are your friend!! (Oldest son is 6'5" and youngest son is 6'4").

I always laugh at the folks that complain about adult prices on the meal plan for their 10yo. ("My kid will barely eat a full kids meal, how can I justify adult prices?")

Although, we were lucky, our first trip to Disney, the kids meal pricing was for up to age 11. They put away some serious buffet food at kids prices that first trip :). Our first meal was at the Luau. They literally INHALED that stuff.

(Kids pricing dropped to 9 and below shortly after that I wonder why :) )

On 10/3/2017 at 7:17 PM, CCIntrigue...aka Gwen said:

JoElfKt.jpg

13 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

I raised two bottomless pits also. Yes, buffets are your friend!! (Oldest son is 6'5" and youngest son is 6'4").

I always laugh at the folks that complain about adult prices on the meal plan for their 10yo. ("My kid will barely eat a full kids meal, how can I justify adult prices?")

Although, we were lucky, our first trip to Disney, the kids meal pricing was for up to age 11. They put away some serious buffet food at kids prices that first trip :). Our first meal was at the Luau. They literally INHALED that stuff.

(Kids pricing dropped to 9 and below shortly after that I wonder why :) )

Wow! Now I'm actually feeling a little better about my grocery bill.  I can't even imagine filling that much boy.  My tallest son is 5'11". The other two are several inches shorter. Of course I'm only 5' 1.5" so they all look tall to me.