2 hours ago, BouncingTiggers said:

I don't see trick or treating om the fort's Halloween schedule. Are they doing it this year? Any idea where the time can be found? I called guest services,  but they didn't know what was happening either.

This happened last year too.  Speculation was that they left it and the golf cart parade off the schedule on purpose  to help cut down on the mass exodus in from non-Fort guests.

I seriously doubt it's not happening.  I think last year they put out the info to Fort guests closer to the date.  You might have better luck calling the Fort's front desk.

15 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

Flyers on the bulletin boards requesting you to register your site at the Bike Barn if you were participating.  And you know how many actually do that..

Yep... pretty much nobody.  B)

1 hour ago, BouncingTiggers said:

I'm just glad they are having it. The last time we went was Halloween 2015 and that was just ridiculous. Seemed like they had decided to let anyone and everyone into the fort. I'm sure everyone remembers that one.

That's the last time DH and I were there.  It was crazypants.  Fun, but crazypants.

After ToT ended we tried to drive through the 1600 loop with the GC.  I think it took us 30 minutes to get around the loop and we didn't bother stopping at the haunted house display, as there was nowhere to park the cart.

But that year Halloween was also on a Saturday and being on a weekend seems to make it a LOT more crowded.  Fingers crossed being on a Tuesday means it won't be so bad.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everybody - I am new here & happy to find this board and all of your valuable information.  We've camped in our motorhome at FW multiple times before, but never on Halloween. A few years ago we happened to stop by FW in late October during a work trip for my husband - we often travel due to his work.  Anyway - we were there just before Halloween and I was shocked and delighted by all of the decorations and the festive nature of the campground in general.  We've thought of taking our kids, 7&9 now, TorT at FW before but today (!!!) it just so happens that husband needs to travel to Fla again and we lucked into five nights at FW starting Sunday! This is thrilling! So now we will be there over the 31st and I'm trying to get ready.  What advice do you have? I realize the TorT aspect isn't highly advertised due to mob potential, but can you give me any pointers for preparing for a great experience for my kids and everybody else's, too? Thanks!

? Hi and welcome. Your kids should have a blast. Lot's of FT activities ? along with ToT and the golf cart parade. You can choose to give out candy or not, up to you. If you do plan on a bunch. As you will see in the members section a group of FIENDS will be probably gathered at one site to ???and hand out candy. 

Enjoy

Welcome to Fort Fiends!!

35 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

? Hi and welcome. Your kids should have a blast. Lot's of FT activities ? along with ToT and the golf cart parade. You can choose to give out candy or not, up to you. If you do plan on a bunch. As you will see in the members section a group of FIENDS will be probably gathered at one site to ???and hand out candy. 

Enjoy

This!!  Take some time to check out all the decorations enjoy the super festive atmosphere.

There should be a fair number of Fiends floating around the Fort over Halloween.  If you run across a FF sign, feel free to say Howdy!  :)

Thanks for the welcome, Sled Dog Fan, Grandma & Grumpy! Greatly appreciated.  I would love to hand out treats - we live in rural Va and haven't ever had TorT'ers.  Wish we had a grandparent to tag along/meet us there to fulfill that part of the night's festivities.  I'm really torn - I want to participate as a site handing out treats but also don't want to miss out on the fun of watching our kids travel around, too.  Maybe I can plan on a combination of both as I do believe my outgoing 2 would love to distribute to other kids.  In your experience are the campground TorT'ers usually younger kids? As I recall, when we were there before and unaware of the FW Campground tradition I was so impressed that the majority of the decorations were pretty tame and upbeat, tho many were impressively elaborate. I actually dread halloween each year as the whole thing seems to become more adult oriented and macabre. We don't stress the holiday here and so I cannot wait to surprise the kids with this trip.

15 minutes ago, RKSnow said:

I'm really torn - I want to participate as a site handing out treats but also don't want to miss out on the fun of watching our kids travel around, too.  Maybe I can plan on a combination of both as I do believe my outgoing 2 would love to distribute to other kids.  In your experience are the campground TorT'ers usually younger kids?

That's one advantage of being with the FIENDS. We've given out candy for the younger generation while they're out and about with their kiddos and I'm sure others have too. So just enjoy the experience.

ToTr's come in all ages, really young to really not so young.