1 hour ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Check out Miller's Ale House

I'll second that!  Big portions, decent quality and cheap.  The menu is huge, with something for pretty much everyone, but my only word of caution is to stick to the things they're known for and don't get too adventurous.  We've never had a *bad* meal there, but we've had a few things that were kind of ... blah.

Our go-to's are their salads (generally fresh and HUGE) and the 35 shrimp entree - I like the fried version but I've heard the other is good too. 

It's also our go-to place to watch a football game - good beer selection, very reasonably priced, and we can split a salad and shrimp entree and be quite full.

Closest one is only minutes from the Fort.  Take a left out of the parking lot, follow it to the end (watch the speed bumps), turn right and it's maybe a mile-ish up the road on your left.

2 hours ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Check out Miller's Ale House

Thanks!  We ended up going to DLuxe Burgers (which I thought was okay, everyone else really liked the burgers), but we may need another option this week...so we'll keep your recommendation in mind!!

Another vote for the Ale House. Can get crowded with football. 

The Zinger Mountain Melt is oh so good (not necessarily good for you) Fries with "chicken fingers", bacon, cheese, green onions, you can choose different sauces garlic, mild, medium, hot, so on and ranch or blue cheese for dipping. Definitely big enough for 2 or as an appetizer for a large group. The Capt Jack's buried treasure is a must have desert. Then again never had a bad meal there.

Ok yeah now I want to go to the Ale House!

Millers was good.

We really enjoyed Bahama Breeze off of 192, right near the 429 toll road.

Chuy’s is decent.

For pizza, you can get Chicago style pizza at Giordano’s. It’s literally a Chicago, IL pizza chain and is amazingly good! If you get a deep dish, it can take a while. They often have balloon guys going around to entertain the kids.

I wanted to go to Twin Peaks by my wife said no. (lol)

Mellow Mushroom isn’t super close, but is worth it. It’s over by Sea World.

Personally, my favorite is Wawa’s subs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, ependydad...Doug said:

You can tell your from the Baltimore area, get it right Doug Wawa makes hoagies!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, dblr....Rennie said:

You can tell your from the Baltimore area, get it right Doug Wawa makes hoagies!!!!!!!!

Wawa makes hoagies darn good sandwiches no matter what you call them!!!!!!!!

Fixed it for you Rennie

7 hours ago, ependydad...Doug said:

Millers was good.

We really enjoyed Bahama Breeze off of 192, right near the 429 toll road.

Chuy’s is decent.

For pizza, you can get Chicago style pizza at Giordano’s. It’s literally a Chicago, IL pizza chain and is amazingly good! If you get a deep dish, it can take a while. They often have balloon guys going around to entertain the kids.

I wanted to go to Twin Peaks by my wife said no. (lol)

Mellow Mushroom isn’t super close, but is worth it. It’s over by Sea World.

We had Giordano's Saturday night.  The one on Apopka Vineland.

For fast food but brought to your table on real bowls, Noodle and Company is good.  Tasty and inexpensive.

27 minutes ago, Travisma said:

Wawa makes hoagies darn good sandwiches no matter what you call them!!!!!!!!

Very true but this is more of a joke as every area calls them something different. I know some folks even call them grinders but to us in our area grinders are served hot, actually think a thread here once debated this issue a while back. :ROFLMAO-1:

14 minutes ago, dblr....Rennie said:

Very true but this is more of a joke as every area calls them something different. I know some folks even call them grinders but to us in our area grinders are served hot, actually think a thread here once debated this issue a while back. :ROFLMAO-1:

We used to call then heros, or subs.

11 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

Another vote for the Ale House. Can get crowded with football. 

The Zinger Mountain Melt is oh so good (not necessarily good for you) Fries with "chicken fingers", bacon, cheese, green onions, you can choose different sauces garlic, mild, medium, hot, so on and ranch or blue cheese for dipping. Definitely big enough for 2 or as an appetizer for a large group. The Capt Jack's buried treasure is a must have desert. Then again never had a bad meal there.

Ok yeah now I want to go to the Ale House!

We have one up this way - only one, and it's about an hour from my house.  I will admit we've taken a road trip for the 35 fried shrimp.  LOL

We have one up this way - only one, and it's about an hour from my house.  I will admit we've taken a road trip for the 35 fried shrimp.  LOL
Ours is about 30 mins from our house. Went to visit a friend who lives down that way this afternoon so we went and had lunch at the Ale House.

Capt Jack's buried treasure was desert. I had the blackened chicken and shrimp cob salad. It was very good and have about half of it I brought home. 1b4729980a8e2aa813f5080567e0b791.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

We like Perkins not only for breakfast but lunch and dinner too.  Prices are reasonible and food is good.  Breakfast can be busy but usually dinner is walk in and sit down.

What I am unhappy about is they have taken the meat loaf and the pot roast off the menu.  That pot roast was so good.

Perkins near corner of 535 and I-4.

1 hour ago, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

We like Perkins not only for breakfast but lunch and dinner too.  Prices are reasonible and food is good.  Breakfast can be busy but usually dinner is walk in and sit down.

What I am unhappy about is they have taken the meat loaf and the pot roast off the menu.  That pot roast was so good.

Perkins near corner of 535 and I-4.

Bob Evans has a really good pot roast. Not to mention candied bacon.