We were on 75 around 2pm and got a text from Disney with our site number.

Upon arrival I used the returning guest entrance, as there was about 12 or so cars in the other line. Went through overflow parking into the Campgroung right to my site.

Could not have been easier.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

46 minutes ago, bdm said:

Upon arrival I used the returning guest entrance, as there was about 12 or so cars in the other line. Went through overflow parking into the Campgroung right to my site.

Nice!!  Thanks for the update. 

2 hours ago, bdm said:

Awesome. I wanna give that a try. How long are ya'll staying? We will be there in 10 days.

20 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

So that 2 pm text wouldn't have been much help had you arrived at 11.

TCD

But sites aren't "technically" ready until 1pm. So if it wasn't cleaned  at 11 they would have gone to the overflow.  They do the same at the hotels, you don't get your room number until it has been checked off the housekeeping list. 

11 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

But sites aren't "technically" ready until 1pm. So if it wasn't cleaned  at 11 they would have gone to the overflow.  They do the same at the hotels, you don't get your room number until it has been checked off the housekeeping list. 

True. But, on-line check-in lets guests select an arrival time, and also an option to take the first room available regardless of location, and there are lots of stories I've seen and heard of where guests are texted their room numbers before official check-in time.  That doesn't seem to happen at the Fort.

TCD

1 hour ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I've seen and heard of where guests are texted their room numbers before official check-in time.  That doesn't seem to happen at the Fort.

TCD

If the room is ready. Remember most people make specific loop requests for the FORT and sites are assigned by rig size too. You can't really make a fair side by side comparison in my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

If the room is ready. Remember most people make specific loop requests for the FORT and sites are assigned by rig size too. You can't really make a fair side by side comparison in my opinion. 

I agree with you, which is why I maintain that on-line check-in has never been any kind of big benefit at the Fort.  There are very, very few reports of site numbers being successfully texted to guests before check-in, and this thread doesn't change that.

I've tried on-line check-in at the Fort several times, but I have never been texted my site number before my arrival at the Fort.  But, after physically checking in at the check-in lanes, I've found that my site has been ready.  Why didn't anyone text me my site number?

TCD

11 minutes ago, bdm said:

I got my requested loop on my online check-in.. saved my about 30 min of sitting and waiting. The camper next to us saw us bypass check-in and got to his site after I popped my first beer in my chair after setup.

Congratulations. 

Maybe it works if you haven't already checked in at the Fort by 1 pm.

I know they have extra staff working in advance of a busy weekend, like the one we have coming up.

But, it is not by any means something that happens regularly at the Fort.

TCD

11 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

But, after physically checking in at the check-in lanes, I've found that my site has been ready.  Why didn't anyone text me my site number?

TCD

I only had that happen once and that was before they started texting site numbers, with that said, we always requested specific sites.

I've been really successful getting my room number at resort hotels before arrival, but never have I gotten a text with my site number at the Fort before arrival :(

I would love to have my site number this trip as we really want to drop the camper at our site and let me set up while Rick takes grandma to Winter Garden

8 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

With your long stays, I don't think you've had a lot of arrivals.  Have you ever been texted your site number before you arrived?

TCD

No, because the site's never been ready until after we arrived. Even though I knew what site, the CM at the gate wouldn't even confirm it. Best we ever got is "it will be one of the two you mentioned".

23 minutes ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

No, because the site's never been ready until after we arrived. Even though I knew what site, the CM at the gate wouldn't even confirm it. Best we ever got is "it will be one of the two you mentioned".

We usually include our top few site # picks in our request and that's been our experience also.

27 minutes ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

Today I did online checkin and there were no options for requests. I'm sending a fax and Jason has already sent in our requests through the reservation, but I thought it odd that the drop-down menus were empty.

All of Disney IT has been horrible this week. And by horrible I mean complete nearly day long outages. with multiple days of issues in a row. It has been a long week. 

4 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

All of Disney IT has been horrible this week. And by horrible I mean complete nearly day long outages. with multiple days of issues in a row. It has been a long week. 

Yeah, to the point that even a lot of the blog sites are posting about it.  I know it's annoying for people in general, but it's got to be a gigantic PITA for travel agents.  :(

3 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Yeah, to the point that even a lot of the blog sites are posting about it.  I know it's annoying for people in general, but it's got to be a gigantic PITA for travel agents.  :(

My alcohol budget has had to be increased. From $10 to $20 for the week. ;-)