We have done both online check-in and have checked in with our site not yet ready.  In both instances, we did not receive a text when our site was ready.  The first time we waited until after check in time to check back with the front desk only to learn that the site had been ready for hours.  Now we don't count on the text - just call periodically.  With online check-in at the resort hotels, I have received a text when my room was ready both times we used it.

3 minutes ago, Travisma said:

If you use a third party company for hotel reservations (Priceline, Hotwire, etc) I don't think you will get on line check in notifications even if you link your reservation to MDE.  At least we didn't 3 different times.

Does this include booking through a travel agent I wonder.

12 minutes ago, slices said:

Does this include booking through a travel agent I wonder.

Jason would be able to answer that, but don't TA's deal directly with Disney?  If so I don't think you would have that issue.

Disney gets a little weird with 3rd party reservations.  Issues with magic Bands, any changes, etc, even when you have linked the original reservation into their system.

I cant speak for all Travel Agents. Some do not book it directly with Disney but use other options as they may make more commission or don't specialize in Disney. 

I do book directly through Disney. Everything except making a change or making a payment should work exactly the same as booking directly yourself. 

13 hours ago, Wade said:

I tried online check in today for 11am and never received a text. I showed up at 11am anyhow. I just went through the normal check in line and they sent us right through. I was in my site by 11:15. I still don't think the online check in helped much though. 

Thanks for reporting back on this.  Your experience is consistent with mine. I typically arrive before noon, and even with on-line check in, still have to go through the check-in lanes to get my site assignment- even though the site is clean and ready for occupancy.

6 hours ago, kadancer said:

We have done both online check-in and have checked in with our site not yet ready.  In both instances, we did not receive a text when our site was ready.  The first time we waited until after check in time to check back with the front desk only to learn that the site had been ready for hours.  Now we don't count on the text - just call periodically.  With online check-in at the resort hotels, I have received a text when my room was ready both times we used it.

Yup. It's sad that the Fort doesn't provide its guests with the same level of service that guests receive at all the other Disney resorts.  There was a brief period of time where I was hopeful that the new manager would improve things, but that never happened.  I'll bet the bottom line (from not having enough staff to provide basic services) is very healthy though.

TCD

I'll be very curious to see how check-in goes for our upcoming trip.  We have 11 reservations (not even kidding) and the first 5 cover our first 6 days.  I've done online check-in for all of them (because why not?) and DH is faxing in a ridiculously lengthy, probably way-too-complicated request today.

The bigger issue is likely to be that the random 1-2 day reservations for the days we tacked on at the front and back are for Premium while the bigger one in the middle is Preferred. We know we may have to move and have decided we'll just deal with it.  Although honestly at this point, if they can keep us on Preferred the whole time I won't even care about the extra $ we paid for the other nights.

On 10/24/2017 at 9:14 AM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I'll be very curious to see how check-in goes for our upcoming trip.  We have 11 reservations (not even kidding) and the first 5 cover our first 6 days.  I've done online check-in for all of them (because why not?) and DH is faxing in a ridiculously lengthy, probably way-too-complicated request today.

The bigger issue is likely to be that the random 1-2 day reservations for the days we tacked on at the front and back are for Premium while the bigger one in the middle is Preferred. We know we may have to move and have decided we'll just deal with it.  Although honestly at this point, if they can keep us on Preferred the whole time I won't even care about the extra $ we paid for the other nights.

Isn't preferred cheaper than premium? I get so confused.

8 hours ago, mamapapa said:

Isn't preferred cheaper than premium? I get so confused.

Yes usually by around $5 per night. She is saying they paid extra for the premium nights but is willing to forfeit that extra money just to stay on the preferred site the whole time. 

50 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

Yes usually by around $5 per night. She is saying they paid extra for the premium nights but is willing to forfeit that extra money just to stay on the preferred site the whole time. 

Yes, this.  :)

We normally book preferred, but the only availability for the extra days we added was in premium, so we snagged them. If we have to move, that's ok.  At this point we just want to be there.  

On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 10:14 AM, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

I haven't had anything as complicated as this, but I have had two separate reservations that they were able to consolidate into one right at the check in lane. That saved me from having to come back to check-in again.  You should definitely ask when you check-in.  I know that it can be done by the CM's at check-in.  The question is whether you will get lucky and get a CM who knows how to do it, and who will do it.  It might be bad news for the guy behind you in the check-in lane, but it might be worth it to push the issue right when you check in, to save you a lot of time and trouble for the rest of your trip.

TCD

14 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I haven't had anything as complicated as this, but I have had two separate reservations that they were able to consolidate into one right at the check in lane. That saved me from having to come back to check-in again.  You should definitely ask when you check-in.  I know that it can be done by the CM's at check-in.  The question is whether you will get lucky and get a CM who knows how to do it, and who will do it.  It might be bad news for the guy behind you in the check-in lane, but it might be worth it to push the issue right when you check in, to save you a lot of time and trouble for the rest of your trip.

TCD

We did call and link all our reservations together, but I honestly don't know what that will mean for check-in.  I'll be sure to ask about that at check-in.  I don't mind having to move a couple of times, but it would be nice to avoid having to check-in/out 10 times.  :)

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:40 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

We put noon for check in and got the text at 11:22. We got here about 1pm

That is great news.  I think it might have to do with the fact that you were arriving on a Friday on a busy weekend.  They must have had extra staff on hand to send out the texts.  It would be great to hear of them doing this on regular weekdays consistently.

TCD

21 minutes ago, ImDownWithDisney said:

I like the idea of having my site texted and skip the line, but with a 40' camper I sure do like to look at the book and pick out my own site.

That's a good point.

The last few reservations I've had, I was not assigned to the loop I requested, and ended up with a random site in another loop.  I was able to deal with that right at check-in. 

But, having the site texted gives me the option of accepting that site, or stopping at the check-in lanes to ask for a change.  The text at least gives me the potential to save time.

TCD

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, shaffecv said:

So how can I request a certain loop?

When we log into our reservation nothing appears in the "Requested Room" drop downs.

Yuo or your travel agent if using one can call in and have the request noted on your reservation. Then 5-10 days before arrival you can fax in a request as well.