Dogs to be allowed at some WDW Resort Hotels + Fort Wilderness Cabins

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I understand that. It's a shame that Disney management is once again so short-sighted about this.  It would not be that hard to designate pet cabins and non-pet cabins, and enforce the rules.  Bu

I forgot to post the most important photo of all- Rocky enjoying the cabin porch: Note that he is wearing his official $100 bandana. TCD

That is bizarre. Lol.  Omg.  It's amazing what the average person will spend on there fur baby. Trust me it's not just the 1%ers. There will be animals at ever resort.  Including the value resort

30 minutes ago, Beckers said:

I'm thinking they will do better at the resorts. One loud dog I would assume would have more of an impact on potential number of bothered people (rooms on both side and behind and above) vs at a campsite unless a lot of people are outside then I guess the campsite could annoy more. Plus dog going nuts in your camper, Disney doesn't lose money if it destroys stuff vs if it goes crazy in a resort room. 

I do hope they picked buildings/rooms with little foot traffic to lessen the chance of people walking by and it stirring up the dog. 

That link from WDWMagic that I posted last week had maps of dog relief areas for each of the 4 resorts.  

I would imagine (but who knows) that the buildings closest to the relief ares will be where the dogs rooms will be.

Now whether the entire building will be all dog rooms is the million dollar question.

For the Beach Club they show a building with rooms 1001 to 1054 on the map

Animation shows buildings 2, 5, 6, and 7

Port Orleans is 95 and 80 with two additional walks by the main parking lot

The Fort like TCD mentioned are loops 2200 and 2300.

Just now, Travisma said:

That link from WDWMagic that I posted last week had maps of dog relief areas for each of the 4 resorts.  

I would imagine (but who knows) that the buildings closest to the relief ares will be where the dogs rooms will be.

From what I'm reading so far, that's the initial plan, however it sounds like at least to some degree, Disney is still sorting this out as they go. The issue initially at least, is that people with existing reservations for specific classes of rooms not near those areas may now decide to bring their dogs and not want to (or be able to) change their reservations.  Going forward, especially if/once they update the reservation system for this, it might be easier for them to dedicate specific wings/buildings/rooms.

I do think they'll sort it out over time to have the least amount of impact on non-pet Guests that they can, but I also think part of this "test" is seeing how much interest there really is in this before they make enormous changes to anything - especially the reservation system.  Disney + large-scale changes to anything IT-related ... well, you know how that goes.

1 minute ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

Agreed. Plus the loss of revenue if they scare guests away from a $300-$800+ a night room vs a $100 campsite.  Never mind that hotel guests have an enormous amount of options when it comes to rooms at/close to Disney, as opposed to campers who have much more limited options.

Honestly the fee for this is so high that I can't see any of the resorts being flooded with dogs.

When you have people stressing out because they can't squeeze in their 8th or 9th dinner reservation for dinner shows or upscale restaurants at WDW, i don't think a $50 a day fee will cause them to think twice if they want to bring their fur baby.

I see them being more upset when they find out they can't take fur baby to the restaurants with them!

Just now, Travisma said:

When you have people stressing out because they can't squeeze in their 8th or 9th dinner reservation for dinner shows or upscale restaurants at WDW, i don't think a $50 a day fee will cause them to think twice if they want to bring their fur baby.

Oh I'm sure there's a market for this, but those same people can also likely afford a luxury boarding setup or hiring someone to come stay at their house.

I think people may be over-estimating the number of people that want to bring their dogs absolutely everywhere. A huge chunk of my friends are dog-people - like serious, dog sports, all-dogs-all-the-time, more-dogs-than-people-live-here, I-spend-all-my-money-on-canines, people.  I don't think very many of them would plan a trip to WDW only to pay $50 to crate their dogs in their rooms all day. In fact, as much as they love their dogs, I know at least some of them are happy to get a break every once in a while.  ;)

9 minutes ago, caveat lector said:

I bet this will open up Disney properties for additional conventions and meetings. That will be a new convention revenue stream. 

Exactly.

The bottom line is always the bottom line.

If this latest scheme makes money it will stay, and if it makes a lot of money, it will expand.  If it doesn't, then they'll can it and cook up the next scheme.

Don't think for a minute that any of this has to do with giving something to the guests.  Of course the rules will be confusing and enforcement will be spotty.  They don't want to spend money on any of that stuff.  They just want the $50/night and the $75/night at the Yacht and Beach club.  I'll bet reservations were down anyway, and they had extra rooms that they needed to fill.  So, let's try this.

Disney always wins.

TCD

23 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Exactly.

The bottom line is always the bottom line.

If this latest scheme makes money it will stay, and if it makes a lot of money, it will expand.  If it doesn't, then they'll can it and cook up the next scheme.

Don't think for a minute that any of this has to do with giving something to the guests.  Of course the rules will be confusing and enforcement will be spotty.  They don't want to spend money on any of that stuff.  They just want the $50/night and the $75/night at the Yacht and Beach club.  I'll bet reservations were down anyway, and they had extra rooms that they needed to fill.  So, let's try this.

Disney always wins.

TCD

If it works out for them I can see a large new line of pet supplies being sold at the resorts.

And of course concierge services at additional costs. 

Don't want to be back in 7 hours, we had board certified pampered pooch dog walkers/sitters for the low low fee of $30 per hour (minimum 3 hours).

Mickey Bars safe for fur babies, only $10.

On ‎10‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 9:05 PM, Katman1356...Jason said:

Portorleans.org shared a copy of the agreement over at Riverside. 

http://www.portorleans.org/Disney's-Port-Orleans-Resort-Riverside_Pet-Agreement_13-Oct-2017.pdf

DISNEY'S PORT ORLEANS RESORT - RIVERSIDE PET AGREEMENT (This agreement applies to domesticated dogs only, other than Service Animals) The hotel may accommodate my pet in the room provided that my pet is fully trained and appropriately restrained by me. The hotel allows no more than two domesticated dogs per room. In consideration for the hotel permitting me to keep my pet in the room assigned to me, I hereby agree to the following: 1. I agree to pay a non-refundable fee for my pet of $50 (plus tax) per room, per night.

2. I understand that additional fees may apply if any damage is found in the room upon check out. I agree to accept full responsibility for any and all damages and/or soiling caused by my pet during my stay, as determined within the sole discretion of the hotel. I agree that the costs for the repair and/or additional cleaning requirements (including labor) will be charged accordingly to my hotel folio.

3. I understand and agree that the hotel retains the right to exclude my pet if, in the hotel's sole discretion, my pet is considered dangerous by reason of size, disposition or is likely to frighten or harm other guests of the hotel. I agree that at all times while on hotel property I will ensure my pet complies with all relevant laws and regulations. I agree that if I do not adhere to these policies, I will be required to board my pet at my own expense.

4. I must keep my pet restrained on a leash or in a pet carrier when my pet is outside my guest room. Unattended pets may be removed from the property at the expense of the pet owner.

5. I must not leave my pet in my room unattended for more than 7 hours.

6. I must always display a Pluto’s Do Not Disturb sign to alert Cast Members that a pet is in residence inside a guest room.

7. I agree that I must have a pet carrier available for each pet in case of an emergency and/or if I need to use transportation services.

8. I am responsible for my pet's proper care, behavior and pet waste maintenance throughout the hotel and on the grounds. I am responsible for cleaning up after my pet on hotel property.

9. I agree that I am responsible for the noise my pet creates and will ensure that my pet does not disrupt the quiet enjoyment of other hotel guests. I agree that should the hotel determine in its sole discretion that my pet is objectionable to other hotel guests, I must immediately make other arrangements to house the pet outside the hotel.

10. I agree to provide the hotel with my cell phone number enabling them to reach me in case I am not in the room and my pet is creating a disturbance. Should the hotel need to relocate my pet, all costs associated with the relocation of my pet will be charged accordingly to my hotel folio.

11. I understand that pets are not permitted in Walt Disney World® Resort theme parks and water parks or the Disney Springs® area.

12. I understand that pets are not permitted in Food and Beverage, Club Lounge, Pool or Fitness Center areas.

13. I understand that pets are not permitted on any furniture anywhere on the premises.

14. I understand that the bathing and grooming of pets is not permitted in the guest room.

15. I agree to contact the Housekeeping department to arrange for a convenient time to service my room. The hotel will not attempt to service the room if I am not present and my pet is in the room.

16. I understand that all pets must have up to date vaccinations and inoculations and I must be able to show records of such vaccinations and inoculations upon request. Requirements: DHPPv/DA2PPv, Rabies and Bordetella.

17. I understand and agree that if my pet is involved in an incident involving a bite and current rabies vaccination cannot be verified, it may be necessary to quarantine my pet, subject to the discretion of the local health authority.

18. I release Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., Disney Destinations, LLC, Disney Vacation Development, Inc., Disney Vacation Club Management Corp., and their respective parent, subsidiary and other affiliated or related companies, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, contractors, sub-contractors, representatives, successors, assigns and volunteers of each of the foregoing entities (the "Released Parties") from any and all liability for any injury and/or damage suffered by my pet. I agree that I assume full responsibility for any injury or damage caused or alleged to be caused by my pet and incurred or alleged to be incurred by any guest, employee, contractor or invitee of the hotel. I agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all alleged or actual losses, claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including attorneys' fees and court costs) suffered by the Released Parties or asserted by any other hotel guest, invitee, employee, contractor or other person arising out of or in connection with my pet's stay at the hotel, including from any alleged negligence of the Released Parties. I have read, understood and agreed to the above:

Guest's Name (printed):______________________________ Guest's Signature:__________________________________ Emergency Contact Cell Phone Number: _________________________ Room#______________ Date: ______________

Jason-

Thanks for posting this!  It's the first that I've seen it.

Have you booked any guests for a reservation with pets yet?

As I mentioned up thread, out of curiosity, I booked a cabin to see if there is a way to indicate that I was planning to bring a pet.  There is nothing in the on-line process for that.  I called the number on the Disney website, and spoke to someone in guest services who said that he would add that I was bringing a dog as a note to my reservation.  He read all of the rules that we've seen posted elsewhere, but I know he didn't read the rule about having to have a pet carrier available for my dog.  And, there is nothing that I can see on my reservation indicating that I am planning to bring a dog.  I guess there's a note that only Disney can see.  I sure hope the guy I talked to on the phone did it right, and I don't have a problem when I show up to check-in with my dog.

My dog weighs 85 pounds.  I have a crate for him, but not a carrier. Nobody is going to carry him in a carrier.  I was on the fence about bringing the crate, but I think I will now- that way I don't have to worry about him attacking the maid and then running wild through the campground looking for tetherballs if she comes in when we are away from the cabin.

As far as I can see, Disney is doing nothing to inform guests of the terms of the pet agreement prior to arrival.  They really ought to do that. 

TCD

10 minutes ago, Beckers said:

I wonder what their plan is if God forbid they have to  evacuate the building and your pets in there and you're in the park ??

I'll bet no one thought of that.

If everyone had a carrier-as required by the contract- I guess that the staff could shove your dog in the carrier and remove it.   But, there is no advance communication being sent to guests telling them the need to bring carriers.

TCD

2 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I'll bet no one thought of that.

If everyone had a carrier-as required by the contract- I guess that the staff could shove your dog in the carrier and remove it.   But, there is no advance communication being sent to guests telling them the need to bring carriers.

TCD

One hand doesn't know what the other one is doing.

One comes up with a plan, tells the other to implement it without ironing out all the details first.

But is it any different than everything else they do?  We all know how good the web site is for Fort reservations and getting things answered. 

Why change in mid stream. Keep everyone guessing.

And if the rules you sign state you have to have a carrier/cage and you didn't bring one, they will gladly rent or sell you one.

4 hours ago, Beckers said:

I wonder what their plan is if God forbid they have to  evacuate the building and your pets in there and you're in the park ??

That's where it really should be mandatory that dogs are crated when you're not in the room.  It's all well and good if there's a crate/carrier in there, but it's completely stupid (and possibly dangerous) for a stranger to corner even the nicest dog and try and shove them in a crate. Throw in some alarm going off and most dogs are going to be freaked out to boot.

At least if the dog is crated to begin with, it's just a question of carrying them out. If it's a big dog you might need 2 people to do it, but you could still do it safely.