Artist Point bone in ribeye for 2

The wife and I went to the lodge the other night and decided to try the big ribeye. I would normally order mine med rare, but my wife can't do med rare. So we ordered medium. I was surprised that it was perfectly medium even though it was close to 2" thick.  It was very tender. It wasn't the most flavorful ribeye ever, but it was very good. The cap was perfect. We paired this up with 2 sides....the crispy Brussel sprouts and mac & cheese. Both sides were good, but nothing that you can't make at home if you're a good cook. The bread service was also very good. All in all it was a good dinner, and the 20% off AP discount it made the $120 price bearable. I would do it again but I wont get in the habit of it.

Thanks for the review!

We used to do something similar at Yachtsman - they had a huge rib eye and we'd split it with a couple of sides - in fact our favorites were their brussel sprouts and mac and cheese.  :)

With TiW we were able to get a great steak meal with drinks for about $100. But then a few years ago the prices at Yachtsman went WAY up and we haven't been back. Good to know Artist's Point is an option.  We haven't been there in ages and for whatever reason it hasn't been on our radar for a while.

3 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

The Boathouse at Disney Springs offers a steak like this, and a lower price-point.  It is a lot of meat and a good deal by Disney standards.

We were just looking at that and have tentatively put it on the list.  I'll be sure to report back if we go.

Agreed about the ambience at AP though.  Not to mention any time I can take a boat to dinner is a good day.

On ‎10‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 12:57 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

Nice review.

The Boathouse at Disney Springs offers a steak like this, and a lower price-point.  It is a lot of meat and a good deal by Disney standards.

But, you can't beat the ambience of Artist's Point.

TCD

Yeah, we like AP. A trip there usually includes me sitting in the lobby while my wife checks out the shop, and I love to sit in that lobby.

I have to say that AP remains one of my favorite restaurants on property, even though reviews are always spotty. Maybe it's just been my luck, but we have almost always had great service and always excellent food. The one time we had less than great service, to their credit, was when we had a large (20+ people) party with a lot of kids, people with various food allergies, and separate checks - they were busy that night and we probably overtaxed the staff. The atmosphere is great and we make a point to go there on almost every trip.

3 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

I have to say that AP remains one of my favorite restaurants on property, even though reviews are always spotty. Maybe it's just been my luck, but we have almost always had great service and always excellent food. The one time we had less than great service, to their credit, was when we had a large (20+ people) party with a lot of kids, people with various food allergies, and separate checks - they were busy that night and we probably overtaxed the staff. The atmosphere is great and we make a point to go there on almost every trip.

I agree. Never had a bad experience there going back 17 years and probably 12 or so visits.

On 10/25/2017 at 7:45 PM, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

We've never been.... hard to believe but true! 

Same here.  We've talked about going but it's hard to make room for a new place on the list when there are so many that we have to go to each trip.  I'd say we'll try it one day but I need to get back to Califorinia Grill and we still have to try the number 2 resturant in the world, Victoria & Alberts!

WBI

Same here.  We've talked about going but it's hard to make room for a new place on the list when there are so many that we have to go to each trip.  I'd say we'll try it one day but I need to get back to Califorinia Grill and we still have to try the number 2 resturant in the world, Victoria & Alberts!
WBI

Victoria and Albert's did not disappoint!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk